Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Seiko Men's SNKK27 "Seiko 5" Stainless Steel Automatic Watch
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on May 18, 2012
Awesome design ,good functionality,very comfortable bracelet,unbeatable value.
Actually it doesn't say on a dial Made in Japan as pictured on Amazon,the back case signed Malaysia movement.
I had to remove 2 links,so the option were:
1) Go to Watch repair shop and pay $10 and $20 if it is in Beverrly Hills.
2)Purchase link remover kit here on Amazon for $4.
3)Try to do it on my own.
This watch comes with the bracelet that can be adjusted with small flat screwdriver and 2 small nails ,took me 10 min and it was good ,go to Youtube -watch few videos and you will be fine.
The watch came with the blue Seiko box and unstamped warranty card.
on April 23, 2012
At this price I bought two. I used two links from one to enlarge the band on the other to make it fit properly. With the other I bought a navy blue Nato band. Very nice. One sort of formal, the other casual. They are both extremely accurate according to the atomic clock on the kitchen wall. Give or take a second here and there, but who cares? They're mechanical.
Just a note: I don't know why a reputable manufacturer will make such short bands. BL
on July 12, 2012
This automatic watch is quite accurate; I find it loses about 1.5-2 seconds a month. It is well crafted and the fit and finish is better than the price would lead one to believe possible. The only issue is the wrist strap which feels 'cheapish', as has been noted by other reviewers. It isn't that is is too rough, or binds, or cuts, etc., the issue is that it feels too lightweight & insubstantial. It may be because I am used to wearing cheaper watches with heavier but less well finished bands; the fit and finish of the band is top notch. It just feels like it weighs next to nothing. I have grown used to it, but thought it only fair to mention. If the band bothers you too much, simply buy a new band and the watch alone still justifies a 5 star rating for the price. I highly recommend this watch to anyone seeking a stylish, reliable, durable, and 'value intensive' watch.
on September 11, 2014
When I was shopping for a replacement for my Citizen, a buddy of mine pointed me in the direction of these Seiko 5's, telling me that automatic watches have "soul." I'm a classic-car guy, so I understood that "soul" in this context means that they're analog in the classic sense; they are imperfect, complex assemblages of mechanical parts that somehow transcend the basic functionality of the device, which, ironically, they can't perform quite as well as a modern digital version. Instead of a battery, this (and all automatic watches) has a spring that's wound by a weight that swings around as your arm moves, which you can see in action through the sweet clear back. Well, I can't resist a bit of soul on my wrist, and it didn't hurt that this was 1/4 the price of the ecodrive Citizen I was considering, so I figured what the heck - I'd give old-fashioned a try (works for shaving too, but don't let me get sidetracked down that path...).

I've owned the watch for about two months now, and I'm really, really happy with it. The face looks great - aesthetics are personal preference (and there are a million versions of the "5" to match yours), but I love the dash of color on a classic blue face with the stainless strap. It's lighter than my Citizen, which some folks complain about (the band does feel a little chintzy), but makes it more comfortable for me. My big worry when I got it was that I wouldn't move enough to keep it "charged" while working my desk job and taking it off in the evenings. To quote my favorite movie of the summer, "no...problem...at...all!" That said, understand that if you don't wear it for a day or two you'll have to give it a good shake and re-set it, or invest in a winder that costs more than the dang watch (the 5's don't have a winding post like some fancier automatics).

Downsides...well, it's true, it doesn't keep absolutely perfect time. Lots of folks do fancy calibration I don't have time for, because frankly my life isn't interesting enough to need to be places on time to-the-second. I find it loses a minute every week or so compared to my smartphone, which takes all of 5 seconds to correct. And, let's face it, we all have phones that are way more accurate than watches anyway. So that's that.

My only serious complaint is that that shiny metal bezel and the strap are extremely easy to scratch. I take good care of my stuff, but after two months I already have several scratches on each from minor wall-bumps and the like. Kind of frustrating for a watch that needs to be worn constantly to keep time, if you ask me. I guess folks would say it's patina but I'm too retentive for that.

Overall, this watch is a heck of a bargain, but only if you know what you're getting into. For much less (or much more) money you can have a watch that may be more your style and certainly tells better time. If you're like me, you'll happily trade that for a little bit more "soul" in your life (and the ability to never buy a battery again). Just...maybe also look at models with a little less shiny if you don't like scratches.
on January 27, 2013
Bought this watch for myself to replace a much older watch that broke. I have two other Seikos and have always been happy with the quality. This watch didn't let me down. Yes, it does lose a minute or two a day, but for a mechanical watch at this price, I feel that it is very acceptable.

Would I buy again? I sure would. Would I recommend to a friend? Sure would.
on September 9, 2012
I own aabout five Sieko watchess and found all to be top quality wrist watches, styling is excellent, construction materials and workmanshiip outstanding. Keeping time is accurate. This time I ordered the automatic winding watch that needs NO battery and not heavy! Seiko also made a transparent window in the back of this watch for us curious types to see how the watch winds it self.

For the money and quality, you can't go wrong!

RWH
Hightstown, NJ
on October 6, 2012
It came as promised and was able to get it the next day with the promotion offered. I had a watch for a long time but broke after i inadvertently fell over the watch and broke the crystal. I saw this one which was very similar to the one my dad gave me.

I like the blue dial and the ability to see the numbers and sweeping hands at night. I wore the watch for a swim and dived about 10 feet. It is really water proof though I have not tried the 100 meters. I might do that on my next vacation.

The accuracy is fairly decent and the day and date switches automatically. I can see the weight that sets the automatic function, which is a novelty by it self.

I was able to adjust the strap as described in a You Tube video with fair easiness and in less time to walk to the repair shop. All in all took less than 5 mins excluding the time for looking for the spring attachment as it flew out trying to separate the band. Then I realized you could actually skip that part where you separate the band.

All in all a good buy from a decent merchant.
on January 22, 2014
Even though there were some negative points made about it, (Someone said it looses a minute a week or something? But hey: I went without ANY watch for about a week until this one arrived.) All-in-all, this was the watch I decided to keep. OK, so I've only had it a few weeks, and the warranty is from a European vendor, but hey: What's life without risk? What I really like so far is the look and feel of this watch. The day and date both read clearly. The blue face is very handsome and somewhat unusual. The sweep second hand moves in an almost smooth motion. It's really fun to look at without being ridiculously flashy. It's not cluttered with those secondary and tertiary timing devices for whatever use I have no Idea. I really can't figure out why there's the color accent on the first twenty minutes. Maybe that's intended to be a conversation starter. When he asked me about it, I told my son, "Yo. When I become a Navy SEAL, I'll have to hold my breath underwater for twenty seconds." But I don't plan to ever wear it underwater, for which use it's NOT intended to ANY depth... it's just water RESISTANT. You know, in case the wife pushes you into the shower when you've come home very, very late and very, very.... You know.
on August 6, 2015
Beautiful watch, classic and somehow modern too. And above all, an unbeatable price. An excellent watch for the money. It looks wonderful and the size is perfect if you don't have a very big hand or wrist. I don't understand why some buyers complain about the band. It's correct for the watch and for the price. Excellent choice, this automatic Seiko watch.
on June 5, 2013
I bought this watch because of its brand name and was dissapointed by quality & performance. It is loosing about 3 minutes every 4 days. It is still under warranty & will have it checked by an authorized Seiko dealer.