5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Watch - Surpassed Expectations
Published on April 28, 2012 by Sully

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful
I picked it up yesterday from my mailing address, and for the price I can say it is absolutely beautiful. It is elegant, yet not too much as to make it impossible for casual wearing. I ordered it because I am a bit of a tomboy and I hate women wrist watches because they're too small most of the time in my opinion.

I've had Kenneth Cole and other brands, and I...
Published on June 25, 2012 by Temis Clark

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Watch - Surpassed Expectations, April 28, 2012
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNKK65 Seiko 5 Automatic Silver Dial Stainless-Steel Bracelet Watch (Watch)
I wanted a simple watch that did not require battery replacement. There were two choices for me - solar or automatic. Since I did not want to go digital I figured that this looked pretty nice... so I researched it. I was pretty happy with what I found out about Seiko's automatic watch process. Although the reviews on Amazon were positive they did not have too much information yet. I thought I would add some details below.

1. Delivery and Appearance:
The watch looks exactly like the picture... simple and elegant. I wanted something I could wear to work, but not over the top. The watch comes in a very strong blue box with the watch inside wrapped around a Seiko pillow. The quality and thoughtfulness exceeded expectations for my first Seiko. This is a very well built and solid watch without being heavy. Nothing feels cheap about the watch.

2. Basic Features (this is a lot of bang for your buck)
A-Stainless Steel
B-Water Resistant 30m
C-Hardlex Crystal
D-Lumibrite Hands & Markers
E-Automatic (self-winding)

3. Unexpected Features
A - Day on the Dial: The picture of the dial shows "Sun" for Sunday in the color red for the Day. This is accurate, but there are three colors for the Day feature during an entire week. Sundays are in Red, Weekdays are in Black, and finally Saturdays are in Blue. I really like this distinguishing feature. In addition the watch arrived with the Day in Spanish. I was pretty upset, thinking that I somehow ordered the wrong watch. However this is a multilingual display. Just pull the crown out one notch and spin it to set the Day and you just keep going until you reach the language and day you want. If you spin it the other way you are changing the Date.
B - Screw See Through Case Back: Basically the back of the watch case is transparent and you can see the watch's automatic winding mechanism in process as you tilt the watch back and forth. When showing the watch to others, everyone is fascinated by observing this process. I suggest you run an image search for "Seiko 5 case back" and you will get an idea of what the back looks like. Specifically you're looking for the images of the back of the "Seiko 7S26C".
C - The watch was not made in China. It is made in Malaysia, this was a pleasant surprise for sure.

Overall - I'm very happy with all aspects of the watch. I think this would make a wonderful and extremely affordable gift. I highly recommend this watch as there is a lot of value when you consider quality and features.

---Update August 2012---

Still very happy with the watch and it looks great. I do want to point out that the current price is much higher than what I paid for it here on Amazon. I paid about $45 with shipping. I would still say that the watch is still worth it, but there is a noticeable difference in price changing its value.

5.0 out of 5 stars seiko, March 11, 2012
Watch arrived fast, in perfect condition, looks exactly as described, in two months of using it I am very satisfied with performance so this is good deal. precise timing I put it on my hand when it arrived and its still there-didn't need any time adjustments

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, June 25, 2012

I've had Kenneth Cole and other brands, and I like automatic & skeleton but they are too big and heavy most of the time. I ordered this one because it seemed like a mid point and I was right. It is perfect for men that like small watches, or women who like them slightly over the regular size. It was easy to figure out (date and time set up) with the little manual and it was working when it arrived, which is a huge plus (thanks Seiko!!).

Since it arrived probably Wednesday or Thursday last week (can't be sure) and I couldn't use it because it was too wide on my wrists (as expected) I let it sit all weekend as well, and just as I was getting ready to take it somewhere to get some links removed, I figured how to do it with as little as a push pin and a clip, which is the EASIEST thing to do in the world (thanks again Seiko!!), my other watches I've had, I've struggled for days until I give up and pay for someone to do it. I think it got some 20 minutes behind although I'm not 100% sure since I don't remember whether I set up the time before putting it back on the box or not... Will use it a couple days and update my review if needed, although I don't think I'll see a reason for it.

Also, the box said if you wear this watch for 12hrs, it should have charged enough to run for the next 38hrs even if not used. I am in no rush to put this one to the test ;)

***************************** 7/30 update ************************

I've had this watch for about a month. Every now and then I forget to put it on and leave the house for the day with out it. I have to say it has not skipped nor missed a single second. Highly recommended.

*******Update 02/05/2014 ******************************************

I've had this watch for a bit over a year and a half. After the first few months it started going a bit faster, as other reviews have mentioned, marking about 20 minutes + in the future per week, but wouldn't move much past that if I never changed. I would do about once every other week, which was a bummer.

Also, this clock fell this morning while I tried to put it on still a little sleepy, and completely stopped a few minutes after that, and I haven't been able to get it to work. For the price, I wouldn't expect much more, however I am reducing this review to 3 stars, not due to the crash, but because of how it had been giving out time. To me, what's attractive about automatics is 1st never have to worry about replacing batteries and 2nd and most important, in the event of an apocalypse, let it be any kind) having an automatic that will never have to have batteries replaced and that will be able to accurately tell the time will be a game changer, and this watch clearly wouldn't work since I'd have to depend on 2nd or 3rd parties to correct it back to the right time every couple of weeks...

I still think this watch is very pretty and very good for the price, and will likely buy another one since it's stylish and casual at the same time.

Hope this review helps

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard to Beat a Seiko 5 Automatic - Timeless, July 23, 2013
Nick Tropiano (Havertown, PA United States) - See all my reviews
Love me my automatic watches. However, frilly Swiss watches that cost a small fortune -- though certainly fine timepieces, were never my style. Give me a good ole Japanese Seiko or Orient (another excellent Japanese mechanical watchmaker) automatic any day, and I'm happy. This watch is a basic steel silver dial watch in the Seiko 5 style. It is powered by their infamous 7S26B watch movement. Unlike more complicated automatic watch movements, the 7S26 is notorious for its simplicity, durability, and longevity. The watchmaker I took it too to have a link removed was familiar - said this will keep time for 20 years without need of having the movement cleaned/re-oiled (the reason most mechanical watches stop working), as is their reputation. One of the ways Seiko kept the cost very reasonable was by making the steel band hollow - a concession I'm willing to make. The band seems sturdy enough, fits like a glove after having a link removed, and is light and comfortable. The dial is no frills and icy silver - just what I wanted. It is very easy to set the day and date, as is the case with the entire Seiko 5 line. The size of the dial is small by modern standards (and my other watches). That will take a little getting used to, would prefer it a tad bigger. The "5" in Seiko 5 means: 1. Diaflex (unbreakable) mainspring, 2. Diashock (shock resistant) design, 3. automatic movement, 4. day/date indicator, and 5. water resistant. Bottom line - unassuming, very affordable, durable, accurate, yet elegant automatic timepiece for everyday wear that - if well cared for and with some luck, may provide decades of service and enjoyment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, April 18, 2012
When my previous Seiko died a few years ago, I put getting a new watch on hold. I finally bit the bullet and bought this one, and I am not disappointed. It's a great watch so far. Fits great, looks great, and has that feel of quality that Seiko watches have. Granted, there are better, more expensive watches out there, but for the money you can't beat this watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive watch but wrong measurements, April 8, 2014
Bass (Houston, TX) - See all my reviews
The actual measurements are 37.5mm diameter, 18mm lug width, and 11mm thick.

I ordered this watch knowing the listed dimensions were wrong. It's a perfect fit for my wrist and shipping was extremely fast. It's a very attractive watch and the stock photos don't do it justice.

The only complaint I have is that the bracelet is very cheap and made of folded stamped metal. I was going to switch it out with a leather band regardless but it's something to consider.

4.0 out of 5 stars great watch, April 11, 2013
great watch for the money. keeps good time and is comfortable.

only drawback is upon reading the instructions it isn't "water resistant" to the degree advertised. its only water resistant to the point of if you accidentally get water on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect boyfriend style watch for women, April 4, 2014
I was looking for a boyfriend style watch, and thought I would take a look at what Seiko had to offer. This caught my eye. And after reading some of the reviews from other women, and the great price. Thought I'd give it a try. Love it! I have a small wrist, and this is perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, March 23, 2014
Very attractive, nice looking, perfect size. I absolutely love this watch and believe any fan of automatic, non-battery watches will as well. This is an incredible value and I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very picky, January 5, 2014
When looking for a watch, I had 4 requirements:
1: Mechanical - if you want spot-on accurate time, look at your cell phone. This thing is bomb-proof - literally. An EMP will fry your phone, but this watch will still work.
2: Day/Date dispaly - I look at these almost more often that I do the time
3: No numbers - While I'm stupid enough not to know what day it is, I'm not dumb enough to have forgotten how to tell time. The minute designations I find most offensive.
4: Durable, yet classy - I wanted a watch that I could wear on the job (pulling cable), and with a suit at semi-formal business functions.

This watch meets all of my requirements at a very good price. Do note, the description lists it was water-resistant to ~100'; this is inaccurate - it will handle washing your hands and rain, but do not submerse it. This was not something I really cared about; look elsewhere if you do.

Rate and Discover Movies