Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback STEM

on December 25, 2013
seiko 5's are great.
i bought this one with the knowledge that it was going to get a different band right away, so i won't be reviewing the band.
right out of the box it looks better than the photo you see here (i will be posting a couple pics with the band i chose) because the gold trim isn't as gold as it looks in the pic.
the lume is very good and the way the hands and markers catch the light makes this watch super readable in low light situations.
the face of the watch couldn't be better. great detail work, as always, by seiko.
the case is just the right size for my wrist.
after a tried a couple leather bands, i dug out a modena 20mm rubber diver strap and squeezed it on (this watch actually calls for a 18mm) and for some reason i just loved the way it looked...and felt.
after that i pulled off the case back and popped out the crown and lubed the seals (probably voided the warranty so beware!!)...and then i spent a few days regulating it and the results were pretty great. i put up a pic about that, too.
hope i helped.
review image review image
66 comments|5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2013
Masculine, bold, handsome, eye-catching, auto self-winding, keeps good time...what more can you ask for in such a reasonably priced watch? If you are still unsure, let me tell you, GO FOR IT! You won't regret it.
on February 14, 2014
I absolutely love this watch. It keeps time, no noticeable change. It looks great and I wear it everyday for work and can wear it out to dinner. This Seiko is lightweight but durable. The band may feel light, but I have no issues with it so far. great deal for the price. i am shopping for another in a different color.
on December 31, 2013
What a nice watch! Bought from Amazon for 59.00 and the price tag on watch says 185.00! What a steal :) Got the watch 2 days early!
On a video website You - Tube, has directions on how to adjust watch band, did it myself in 15 minutes! Very easy to do! Very happy with this purchase. Sharp looking watch!
on September 4, 2015
I purchased this watch less than a year ago today. This morning I find that the Second/Sweep hand had simply fallen off. It is now inside of the Crystal floating loosely. I cannot return it, so I don't recommend it!
on February 7, 2014
I had for few days and so far no problem. It's easy to adjust wrist band, time, date and day. Looks great and automatic, don't have to worry about replacing battery. I was trying to find where it made from and I could not found, the band is made from China, movement from Malaysia. I checked Seiko web site and they are not list on there product lines. So, is this made by Seiko or bootlegged Seiko product.
on November 18, 2015
good job!
on February 2, 2014
I have owned several Seiko watches in the past and have been very impressed with them both in accuracy and excellent design. So very disappointed with this one. Not for the looks or external features, it is very nice in every way. My biggest disappointment is with timekeeping. Am I really nitpicking with regard to accuracy? Here's my experience with it so far after two and a half weeks of use: this watch loses one minute every week. I've compared it to an atomic watch and clock daily and can see the change. Am just wondering if this may be just an isolated case for this one specific watch. Would any of current owners please check this out and confirm accuracy? I do intend to return this watch.
44 comments|2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2014
On the third attempt, I finally a watch that is still running after 48 hours, and the watch I ordered. First one was wrong face color, not a shade difference, a color difference. The second one would not keep time no matter how much I wore it and moved my arm. I gave them a third try because I really like Seiko, and the watch is good looking.
UPDATE.....I shouldn't have spoken so soon, the watch stopped keeping time right after I wrote the review. I thought I wasn't wearing it enough, approx 12 hours a day, every night it would stop working, I would reset the time the next morning and move on. But after wearing it for 48 hours
straight, I took it off and it still stopped working during the night. I have returned it to Amazon again, this time I have learned my lesson. These are not real Seiko watches. Seiko would not produce three watches in a row that are defective.
on June 4, 2015