Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on December 25, 2013
seiko 5's are great.
i bought this one with the knowledge that it was going to get a different band right away, so i won't be reviewing the band.
right out of the box it looks better than the photo you see here (i will be posting a couple pics with the band i chose) because the gold trim isn't as gold as it looks in the pic.
the lume is very good and the way the hands and markers catch the light makes this watch super readable in low light situations.
the face of the watch couldn't be better. great detail work, as always, by seiko.
the case is just the right size for my wrist.
after a tried a couple leather bands, i dug out a modena 20mm rubber diver strap and squeezed it on (this watch actually calls for a 18mm) and for some reason i just loved the way it looked...and felt.
after that i pulled off the case back and popped out the crown and lubed the seals (probably voided the warranty so beware!!)...and then i spent a few days regulating it and the results were pretty great. i put up a pic about that, too.
hope i helped.
review image review image
66 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2013
Masculine, bold, handsome, eye-catching, auto self-winding, keeps good time...what more can you ask for in such a reasonably priced watch? If you are still unsure, let me tell you, GO FOR IT! You won't regret it.
on December 31, 2013
What a nice watch! Bought from Amazon for 59.00 and the price tag on watch says 185.00! What a steal :) Got the watch 2 days early!
On a video website You - Tube, has directions on how to adjust watch band, did it myself in 15 minutes! Very easy to do! Very happy with this purchase. Sharp looking watch!
on February 14, 2014
I absolutely love this watch. It keeps time, no noticeable change. It looks great and I wear it everyday for work and can wear it out to dinner. This Seiko is lightweight but durable. The band may feel light, but I have no issues with it so far. great deal for the price. i am shopping for another in a different color.
on May 28, 2016
This watch is gorgeous! I bought it as a gift for my husbands birthday and he loved it! It's very durable and has a professional look to it. The price is very reasonable for the extremely high quality of the watch. The blue face plate gives it a sophisticated look and the silver metal makes it strong yet fancy looking. You can really wear this watch for many occasions, from every day wear to a night out. My husband doesn't like big bulky watches nor does he like dainty watches, this watch is the perfect size for the average mans wrist.
on December 23, 2014
This Watch just arrived Just arrived about 20 minutes ago, I really don't see how they ship this fast.
This is a really beautiful watch the craftsmanship is excellent and I really like the clear back, the hour markers are really easy to see and the day and date are plenty big enough to see even for someone like myself who can't see all that great. The face is kinda a silvery Blue with a darker blue circle in the middle and I think it looks awesome, I am going to really enjoy owning this Seiko The tag on the band says it is $ 185.00 but I paid I think about $55.00 with free two day shipping with amazon prime what a great deal I can't believe I bought a Seiko this awesome for this price
review image
on September 4, 2015
I purchased this watch less than a year ago today. This morning I find that the Second/Sweep hand had simply fallen off. It is now inside of the Crystal floating loosely. I cannot return it, so I don't recommend it!
on July 23, 2014
I purchased this watch in January for my husband. It is a nice watch with a good wrist band. It was working fine when I got it. It just stopped working suddenly today. This watch is supposed to last. I purchased it because of the convenience of not having to wind it and not needing to constantly replace a battery.

Update: My husband took it to the jeweler and he got it working again. He said it was a bit of dust inside. Don't know how that happened when it was never opened before. Didn't cost anything at the jeweler.
on June 12, 2014
Great watch!! Love it ! The picture does not do it justice very beautiful . I have had it about a month now and have had no problems what so ever if you read the instructions on how to use an automatic watch it will keep great accurate time without any problem .
on December 6, 2014
Purchased, but sent back. The shade of blue in the picture is highlighted and contrast with gold hour,second, and face. However the blue is actually much darker, and not easily seen from a distance. Since I didn't keep the watch for that reason alone, I can speak to the overall quality of the watch.