5.0 out of 5 stars Great value

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch
Published on October 16, 2012 by Jason

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, November 12, 2011
Javor Kolev (California, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNN241 Stainless Steel Watch with Black Leather Band (Watch)
I have only had the watch for a month and cannot comment on long-term quality. However, it looks very good, feels good and more expensive than it is. Actually, I picked it for the looks and as an interim watch while looking for replacement to my swiss watch. For the month I have had it, I got quite fond of it - not too big, not too small, not too heavy. An elegant, sporty and manly watch.
The only additional function I would like to have is a fast-dial for the date. If you don't get this right (and do not set the date between 9pm and midnight as this is when the mechanism is setting it) you will have to wind for hours, or wait until the end of teh month. Also, the date indicator is a bit small. I still give it 5 starts. I like the watch a lot!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Seiko, November 9, 2011
This Seiko is an excellent watch. Quartz movement is accurate as expected of the pioneer of quartz timekeeping technology. The large face and numeral markings, hands etc. have excellent luminescence and are legible all night. The chronograph features are excellent and very usable. It could use a unidirectional bezel for quick reference.

Great watch. I would recommend it to anyone, collector or otherwise.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, July 25, 2011
very nice shape, look and feel.
the colour is more brownish that the maroon picture, but still very very nice
not heavy, not big or small in size
thanks sieko

update (after 1 month of use):
most of whom recognize the watch in my hand give me positive comments, best watch i have ever had

4.0 out of 5 stars Everyday Watch, October 4, 2012
I purchased this watch in Feb 2012 after my "everyday" Quartz Bell and Ross Demineur suffered a broken band and had to be sent out to be serviced. I decided it was time for a more econimical work watch anyway, and this one caught my eye.

I have been pretty happy with this purchase. I wear this watch everyday: in somewhat harsh weather conditions (hot, cold, snow, rain), in very dirty field work enviroments, at the office, doing yardwork etc... and to the naked eye it still looks perfect and it runs good overall.

A few times over the past 8 months, it has stopped completely, but a time-set starts it back with no issue. I am absolutely clueless as to why this has happened. It really is not a big issue for me as it only happened twice, and I am pretty hard on watches. I do not wish to send it back to Seiko to try to figure it out. No pun intended, but I do not have the time for that.

It has a standard buckle (not sure what all that clasp talk is about), and the stiffness of the band did take a while to loosen up, however it is showing signs of wear so I am replacing it this week.

I have been asked about the watch a few times, and even though it is dismissed by watch nerds in the know, someone wanted to know what it was.

4.0 out of 5 stars Leather Stop, October 20, 2013
There is no question that when it has came down to watches, Seiko has always known how to make a great standard in timepieces. They have shown about all different grades from Solar, to automatic. They are one company that show all boundaries for the dollar. That also has shown with the contemporary as well. This beautiful watch is a classy and contemporary quartz watch that looks great on any gentleman. From the contemporary and classy with business for the office, to the sporty and outgoing. I also like this one because it has a very easy to read stopwatch that doesn't feel as complex as other chronograph watches on the market do. The illumination on the hands doesn't feel bad either. It looks pretty good, that can even stand farther than other Seiko's on the market. If you are looking for a great watch to step into with Seiko, this is one you can simply start with.

Price: B

Setup & Comfort: B+

Overall: B 1/2+

5.0 out of 5 stars Spanish review, July 20, 2013
English: I love my new watch!! This watch is all that i want it. it's a elegant watch with the leather band, but I bought a NATO green watch band and change it. now looks like an sport watch... The watch with the leather band it's a clasic watch, elegant, nice, comfortable...

Spanish: Me encanto este reloj! buscaba por un reloj que me sirviera para eventos elegantes y para el dia normal. Este reloj complace esas dos necesidades. Compre una correa estilo militar para cambiarle las de cuero con las que viene el reloj. lo hice y me quedo un reloj deportivo muy cool! El reloj por sí solo es muy bonito y elegante.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, October 16, 2012
I bought this watch looking for something that wasn't too flashy. The band is a little stiff and I spent a lot of time bending and rolling it to work in lather softener. It a little too big for my taste and I don't ever wear it anymore after finding a a slightly smaller chronograph with a lower profile that is easier to wear with sleeved shirts. Seiko makes similar model with a black face, black band, and nicer numbering that is a perfect all around watch for day to day wear. Unless you have really big wrists, I wouldn't buy this watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Watch, December 11, 2013
Great watch, looks even nicer in person. Very comfortable, good size, easy to set, and keeps time well. My only complaint (and notice it wasn't enough to give it less than five stars) is that in order to reset the stopwatch you have to pull the crown to the second position, which is the, "set time" position. In other words, to reset the stopwatch you have to re-set the time as well. A slight inconvenience, but I would guess the stopwatch function isn't the reason most people who are drawn to this watch's appearance will end up buying it. All in all, another quality product from Seiko.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift!!!, January 3, 2011
I got this for my boyfriend for Christmas. He LOVES it! He likes the style/design. He says it is comfortable and feels substantial, but not heavy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Seiko for less than $100, July 29, 2013
PJB (bay area) - See all my reviews
Cool dark brown color, good for casual or dress
Band a bit short for big wrists
Nicely packed and presented in box