5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly beautiful watch
LOOKS: Beauty is only skin-deep right? Yes this watch is extremely beautiful. The gold tones are just exquisite. Everything about this watch is lovely, but there is more to it then just looks right?

Published on September 29, 2010 by steveski

3.0 out of 5 stars good, but not for me
Published on April 21, 2012 by Lamar Clemons

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly beautiful watch, September 29, 2010
steveski (Washington DC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNXJ94 Automatic Goldtone Gold Dial Watch (Watch)

WEARABILITY: This watch is extremely comfortable and a delight to wear. I've owned a number of watches over the years and this is perhaps the most comfortable to wear, or at least in the top 2 that I own.

FUNCTIONALITY: Keeps great time. The automatic movement is very nice and smooth and maintains its "charge" for a fair amount of time.

Bottom line, this watch is definitely worth the price and worth it if you're looking for a nice classy time piece with the good Seiko name.

5.0 out of 5 stars Second time is the charm, January 30, 2012
I first ordered this as a Christmas present for my husband. It was beautiful. However, when he got it and started wearing it, it lost time. He was very disappointed as this was the reason he got a Seiko, for the accuracy. We complained to Amazon and they immediately sent a new one and it has been excellent. They were very good about the exchange,sending a new one immediately and I sent the other one back after getting the new one. This one has been very accurate.

5.0 out of 5 stars looks JUST like rolex presidential/datejust! So many compliments, November 9, 2013
looks exactly like a rolex presidential or datejust! So many compliments from random people who walk past me.. "nice rolex son!" hahaha they can't even tell the difference I love it!

[...]

3.0 out of 5 stars good, but not for me, April 21, 2012
In 1970, I got a used Seiko for $16 at a pawn shop when I was in Ft Polk, La., during my National Guard days. It lasted 20 years or so; I got another Seiko similar in appearance to this one about 10 or 12 years ago. Both kept great time and felt just fine. The latest one began stopping or keeping late time sporadically; my jeweler exchanged batteries twice and said the batteries were fine so the watch must be the problem, and watch repairs are a thing of the past. I decided to get another one for backup when it stopped completely.

This one looked great online and I tried it. I did not realize it was automatic, what we called "self-winding" back in the day. What I liked about the quartz is that I could remove it for a few days if I wanted to use another one for a while, and when I came back to the battery powered watch, it was still going keeping perfect time. This one does not do that; it requires movement or a winder or some kind, and I was not going there.

Additionally, this watch is quite a bit thicker than the quartz, probably because the winding movement is thicker than a battery. It did not fit flush on my wrist as did the other one, and continually moved around, quite annoying. I returned it and got a refund.

I ordered another Seiko SGF206, I believe, a battery-quartz style, but it has not been received. It should be a nearly exact replacement for the quartz style I now have.

This watch will be perfect for some because Seiko is a really fine watch, but this model is not for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as accurate as most Seikos, January 10, 2007
Richard Foote (Silver Spring,MD) - See all my reviews
This is my third Seiko in 20 years, and maybe I got a bad one, but this one lost 2 minutes per month twice since I bought it. My other two Seikos were accurate to within 2-3 seconds per month. This may be a results of being battery-less, but for someone who works with high precision GPS instruments, it is not acceptable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Time flys, November 12, 2013
Watch has been in twice for repair...gains at least 10 minutes per day. Rather than send it in for a third time,I am returning it for a refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beauty, November 5, 2012
M. Azim (Seabrook, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I have several high end European automatic and manual wind watches that are hundreds of times more expensive than this Seiko but this watch does not feels inexpensive or cheaply made.

This Seiko has an automatic mov't [7s26] that is used in numerous Seiko Divers and other watches.
It is a tried and true movement and exceedingly reliable. You will need to either wear it every day or have a watch winder to keep the movement going if you do not want to have to set the time and date every time you use it.

Now as for the case, dial and bracelet, I do not know how Seiko can sell this absolute beauty of a watch for this low price.

It is a beautifully designed and exceptionally well made watch with an automatic movement that would cost many times more were it a Swiss or German product.

Get it and you will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this watch....., August 12, 2008
I ordered this watch, as my last one (Croton) that I ordered elsewhere stopped working in a short amount of time. I love my new Seiko watch---it's comfortable, looks great and keeps great time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable, December 7, 2010
The watch looks good and I love the watchband. The watch, however, gains over one minute per day, rendering it unusable as a reliable timepiece. My ancient 25-year-old Seiko is accurate to within a few seconds after 6 months -- I only reset it when the time changes in spring and autumn.

Seiko has clearly lowered their standards and I won't buy another Seiko again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Gold already rubbing off, December 10, 2011
Love the look and feel of this watch. But after wearing it for the last six months, the gold is already rubbing off on some of the links. I don't wear this watch daily so it's not even getting heavy usage. Also, because I don't wear the watch daily, I have to set the time and date frequently. That was to be expected, but just a little annoying. I really like this watch, but its wearability will end as soon as the gold rubbing off becomes too obvious. Pretty pricey for a watch I can't wear for a long time.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›