5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice and Stylish
Published on May 2, 2012 by Keith LeDuc

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch is ok, band is not so good.
I’m disappointed in this watch. Actually the watch itself is just fine.
It keeps great time if you wear it every day. It does stop if you don’t wear it for a day, but it easily winds and restarts by shaking it just a little.
Published 6 months ago by General28

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice and Stylish, May 2, 2012
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNXS77 Seiko 5 Automatic Blue Dial Stainless-Steel Bracelet Watch (Watch)
I feel these are very nice and stylish watches. I have two now and I love them both. Watch bands mesh evently with the watch base. The fact that the watches NEVER need a battery replacement is totally awesome! You just have to shake them for a few minutes before putting them on and away you go. Once I adjusted the watch band for a good fit, it is totally comfortable. I truly feel that owning a watch where you don't have to worry about replaceing the battery either once a year or if you own the 10 year kind, is really a plus for the future. Unless the parts fail inside the watch, it will ALWAYS work. I have read by other reviews that these watches may not be as accurate as your battery operated counter parts but, to me, unless you are one of those people that are wound up a bit too tight and just can't live with a watch that may loose a few seconds here or there, then these watches are for you. They are classic in styling and well worth the price in my book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, April 20, 2012
We just received this watch and have to say that it is even more beautiful in person. The Seiko 5 is known for being rugged and durable which is perfect for my husband. This watch also glows in the dark which is what we wanted. He doesn't like anything flashy but this is classy for casual wear and he loves it! I would also like to add that he is finicky with watches and this one is perfect for him. Love Seiko's and all in all extremely pleased with this purchase. Love Amazon! Oh and with free shipping and no tax you really can't beat the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko makes quality watches, even at the low end, January 12, 2013
I originally purchased this watch about 1 year ago through Amazon. I had been looking for a watch that appeared flashy/nice, but wouldn't break my pocketbook. I didn't want a plastic (or fake metal) watch that you see at a grocery store or retail shop. This Seiko 5 was a great buy without a doubt.

Positives:
-The watch originally came in a Seiko box with a pillow around the band. (Not in a plastic container.) It would have made an excellent gift.
-The blue is an excellent color. The hands and face markers typically glow in the dark.
-After 1 year of daily use, there is very little wear and tear. The face of the watch only has 1-2 scratches on the glass, but it still looks flashy. There is also no sign of wear on the steel.
-No problem keeping time on my model, but I generally set it a few minutes fast.

Negatives:
-The watch band is large to begin with. I didn't want to take it to a jeweler because I purchased it online, and it is on the lower end of the jewelry price spectrum. I was able to adjust the band by using a pin to shorten the length by sliding the bar down the metal clasp. I did not remove bands because I could never get them to separate. (I saw the arrows to insert a tool, but I was unable to get the bands to split.) I would recommend just sliding the bar down the clasp - it would have saved me a lot of time starting there.
-As others have pointed out, the watch does die if it is not worn (or swung back and forth a few times) daily.
-The calendar on the phone can sometimes be hard to set because adjusting the time will sometimes affect the day. This especially becomes a pain when you try to set the watch in the evening and the watch thinks it is still the AM. (This sometimes causes the day to switch from English to Spanish.) It might take a couple resets to ensure the watch is correct.
-Another issue with the calendar is that the phone doesn't know the month, so it always goes to 31 days. This is an easy fix (if you know your 30 day months and remember early in the month after).

Overall, I highly recommend the watch. It was an excellent buy without having to shell out hundreds on one of the higher level Seiko watches. Great for casual, everyday wear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking watch !!!!!!!!!!!!, July 9, 2012
I am giving it to my boyfriend for his birthday today he'll be 52. The watch is so much nicer in person , the color of the dial is a deep blue ,the watch is classy , can be worn for any time . I am sure he will have a similar reaction to the watch . I always liked Seiko watches . highly recommended . The price is also great !!!!!Hope this review helps.

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch is ok, band is not so good., December 31, 2013
I’m disappointed in this watch. Actually the watch itself is just fine.
My big complaint is the band. It’s a different metal than the watch and is poorly designed. It pulls the hairs on my wrist making the watch uncomfortable to wear. You can easily see that the band is made from a different metal than the watch, so it’s easy to see you’re wearing a cheap watch. The watch is inexpensive, so maybe my expectations were too high. I would go with a little more expensive model next time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will your watch always work?, October 23, 2013
Have owned another one for over 20 years. They are remarkable and WILL ALWAYS WORK! When all else goes bad, no electricity, no mall to change batteries, ??no sun?? for solar.....who really knows! This watch WILL ALWAYS WORK! Think about it. They aren't super-fancy, but they are super-affordable, look nice, and, oh yes... they WILL ALWAYS WORK!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, February 7, 2013
I purchased this watch for my husband. This is what he has to say about it. "Meets all my expectations! Very classy looking. Easy to adjust time and date. Works very well." It was a hit!

2.0 out of 5 stars Sold as new, received a used, torn up watch in Arabic, August 13, 2012
I bought this watch because I trusted that seiko would deliver a quality product. Unfortunately, the same can not be said about Amazon anymore. The watch I received had a tattered manual and a disheveled over all appearance. The biggest reason why I returned the watch was that the days of the week were displayed exclusively in Arabic. I don't know any Arabic,therefore the watch had to be returned. I bought another Seiko watch on Amazon (not sold by Amazon) and I am extremely happy with it. Be wary of things sold cheaper by Amazon. They are probably not the highest of quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars only problem, band made for midget. 1/2 inch ..., July 11, 2014
only problem,band made for midget.1/2 inch too short.

2.0 out of 5 stars Seikos made in China very poor quality, May 2, 2014
I've own moderately priced Seikos in the past, very good quality, probably not made in China. The SNXS77 is made in China. I received it from Amazon and was setting the time and date, the time I could set but the day/date I wasn't able to set. To set the day/date the instructions said to pull out stem to first click and set date, when I turn the stem after the first click it didn't do anything. Not acceptable. I'm going to return (free), I may get a replacement hoping the one I received was a lemon, that still doesn't say much for the quality control. Regardless of the condition of the replacement, if I get one, my impression of Seiko quality has gone down hill. My personal thoughts are pricing should not necessarily determine quality. Those were my thoughts on most Japanese products in the past.

Rate and Discover Movies