5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko delivers again!
Published 22 months ago by FullCategories

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap watch
Looks solid on photographs, but in hand bracelet strap looks and feels like a budget product. Will definitely replace the strap with something that doesn't look tacky or has sharp edges.
Published 21 months ago by Got_Had

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko delivers again!, September 13, 2012
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNZF15 Seiko 5 Automatic Blue Dial Stainless-Steel Bracelet Watch (Watch)
This watch is a great watch for daily wear. The brushed aluminum bezel is quite attractive without being overly flashy. The glow in the dark hands are among the brighter ones in a diving watch. A subtle design pro is that the hardlex crystal face is just under the bezel, so any direct contact with say, a metal doorframe is mainly absorbed by the bezel which is much more easily replaced. However, there are only three things that stop this from being perfect. First, the thicker hands completely cover the date a few times a day. Second, the crown is pop out, which means this isn't really waterproof to 100m (think 30ish to be safe). And lastly, to adjust the actual date number, you can only turn the dial's time forward, which takes a while. With that being said, this watch is excellent with little faults and a three year warranty (2nd and 3rd US only).

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Daily Beater Watch, September 6, 2012
The only reason I did not give this 5 stars is due to the variable accuracy - some days it gains 5 seconds, others it loses 10 (still within the VERY wide range specifications). Also, the movement does not hack so the seconds keep ticking away when setting.

I wear this every day during the week. I bang it on metal bars, wear it inside a freezer at 0 degrees F for hours at a time and generally abuse it like a cheap plastic watch. It takes scratches very well - they barely show up besides on the bezel insert. Also, the crystal is surprisingly strong and has not received a single scratch in the same way a Sapphire crystal would hold up. The watch is light, does not pull on hairs and does not make that cheap rattle sound found on so many sub $300 watches. The see through case back is a huge plus also in my opinion and has not received a scratch yet from setting the watch down flat.

Perfect daily beater watch!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT watch for $ - Does not have a screw down crown, October 18, 2012
I REALLY like the Seiko SNZFI5 and would buy another one tomorrow if I needed 2 watches. I bought the watch directly from Amazon, but discovered it would lose 5 minutes a day. So, I called Seiko and the said that I could send it in and they would adjust it for free. I was a bit worried that I would not get a working SNF15, but figured if the 2nd watch was slow, I would just send it in, as the price was so low that it would be worth the postage to have it adjusted. Fortunately, the second watch works great.

Again for the money, you cannot buy a better watch. However, if you are willing to spend more on a watch, you can buy the similar version of the same watch (SKX009K2) for about $75.00 more. It is better in two ways: Screw down crown and can will go under water 200m. So, if that is important, I would pay the extra $ and get the skx009k2. I was willing to pay the extra $, but at the time I was looking, the Skx00k92 was not sold by Amazon, and Seiko said that you need to buy form a Dealer (Amazon) to get the 3 Yr. warranty, plus if there was an issue with the watch, I wanted to be able to exchange it without any problems.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good watch, November 7, 2012
This isn't my first seiko I've own several watches over 20 years and this will be my first sports 5 model. First I noticed it was a little lighter then my older sekio automatic for a stainless stell almost felt it was a titanium one, the face was a little smaller and instead of the movement of the second hand is smooth. I liked the clear crystal back to see the gears. My only complaint was the second hand continues to move as your adjusting the time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap watch, October 27, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars A great watch, October 15, 2012
I've had many Seiko watches in the past with great results, this one is no exception.
I love the look.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seikp Men's Automatic Blue Dial SNZF15, October 8, 2012
The size is right for a small and medium wrist. The watch itself is well made and well executed with smooth polished stainless steel. In another word, the quality of this watch is on par with some of Swiss watches. It is reliable you can count on to wear on daily basis. I recommend to anyone who would like a good reliable watch but without spending a lot of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars A hefty, good look'n timepiece ..., October 6, 2012
grrtrainman (Granville, Ma.) - See all my reviews
One thing for sure, this puppy is hard to miss, it's no featherweight either! I especially like the smooth operation of the sweep second hand. Typical great Seiko quality too. Just remember, if you don't plan on wearing this watch every day, you might want to invest in an automatic winder. A lot of timepiece for not a lot of $$$.

5.0 out of 5 stars crafty lady, October 6, 2012
This was a gift for my father. He had One like it for many years that he really loved till he broke it. Searching amazon I found this one. Made the perfect gift and he loves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Seiko quality, as expected., July 13, 2014
I had every reason to be confident in the Seiko brand, as I have owned their timepieces in the past. I have been very pleased. The case is very hefty and substantial, and it the watch has been very reliable mechanically and keeps accurate time.

To clarify issues cited in a couple of negative reviews:

Keep in mind that this watch is entirely mechanical—no batteries; it has to be wound, which happens automatically. The self-winding design transfers the kinetic energy from your arm and wrist movements to the main spring by means of an eccentric-shaped 'flywheel,' or winder. (All of the internal mechanics are visible through the backside crystal that faces the wrist). Thus, the watch is wound continually while it is being worn, but not after you remove it. The instructions specifically state that the watch must be worn a minimum number of hours per day in order to run continuously, without stopping. On the weekends, or if I'm doing a lot of typing at the computer, I'll remove the watch and go without wearing it for a day or so. Sometimes there is enough energy stored in the spring that it is still running when I put it on 24-48 hours later. Other times, it needs to be reset.

Another negative review stated that the bracelet was too big. I have a very large wrist, and the bracelet was a perfect fit for me; I can certainly see how it would be too big for other folks; however, I do believe that a jeweler can remove links and size the bracelet accordingly. I have never experienced any discomfort with the bracelet, save for long typing sessions, when I opt to remove it, mostly because it comes into contact with the surface of my wood desk, and I don't want to abrade the finish on the desktop.

Overall, I think that this is a fine timepiece—one of the best I've owned, and very modestly priced.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›