5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko Diver's Automatic SNZF17J2 ShockWatch
Published on June 19, 2012 by ShockWatch

1.0 out of 5 stars Seiko Men's Series 5 - Save your money!
Sorry but in my experience and comments from friends who have purchased Seiko Series 5 watches. Save your money and get a Deep Blue or Freestyle watch. These Seiko Series 5 are unreliable and undependable. They loose time or just plain stop even when you wear them 24/7.
Published 11 months ago by Dr. Rob

5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko Diver's Automatic SNZF17J2 ShockWatch, June 19, 2012
Got this today. It's a set back in time as in the days when watches weren't as extra large as they are today. I was a bit not sure at first due to the smaller size compared to my collection of G shocks and Invictas but this is Seiko's style that has stood the test of time. It's black with shiny metal and the numbers on the bezel do not look like Invicta's cheap material that looks like a sticker foil. This Seiko's is matte and very rich in texture and look. The bezel is solid and tight. The rubber strap looks better than G Shock's of Japan and Thailand and I do admire their quality but this Seiko's is a level richer, softer yet durable feeling. It's a classy-looking and classic quality dive watch.

The crown however, is not the turn/push/lock type so I need to make sure it's pushed down tightly before I plunge in the ocean depth.

Why I chose this model is due to the fact that it's got a see-through back and it's "Made in Japan". I have yet to test its luminiscence tonight.

The package came in a Seiko box with the vendor's (BlueDial) packing slip with a person's initials that the watch was inspected free of scratch or damage before shipped and a photo-copied 1-page manual somewhat giving a short description of what "automatic" means and a couple of warning and how to initialize the watch by winding it for 3 minutes. I wound it for 5 minutes, then adjusted the time first making sure it's past the 12 midnight hour, then the day and date. One warning is, not to remove the "Return Seal" if you're not sure of keeping the watch or it won't be returnable unless you're exchanging it for another piece that's of equal or greater value.

I finally found an automatic watch that will be a family heirloom to be passed down to my son (he's currently 4 years old).

Despite the crown and size, I still give it 5 stars.

Made in Japan (it says so on the face and the back, oh yeah)

Thank you.

SPECIFICATIONS:
1. Vibrations per hour 21,600
2. Operational temperature range -10°C - +60° (14ºF - 140ºF)
3. Driving System Self-winding type
4. Jewels 23 jewels
5. Magnetic resistance 4,800 A/m (60 gauss)
6. Water resistance Water resistant up to 200 meters.
The watch is suitable for scuba diving.

Taken from downloaded manual. Reading more from the manual I found out that it is a "screw down crown". Hmm..

4.0 out of 5 stars I love it, September 10, 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNZF17K2 Series 5 Rubber Strap Watch (Watch)
I love this watch but it turns out the band width is listed incorrectly for this watch. I bought a nato strap in sync with this and found out the band width of this watch is actually 22mm and not 20mm. Ended up having to put in a new order for the straps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Watch!, June 3, 2011
This watch is the real deal. Manly, yet still sophisticated. It's rugged, high quality style at it's best. The watch is just the right weight, can obviously stand up to lots of wear, but still looks professional - the right balance between dressy and rugged. Can't go wrong here!

5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko Watch, March 8, 2011
Delivered so fast; I got it in three days, on Dec 23rd! Beautiful. Bigger and heavier than I expected. Definately a man's watch. I need to go buy a Hummer now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, April 30, 2013
Bought this for my husband, and he loves it. The only downside is the glow in the dark doesn't last long enough so it's not easy to read at night, but it will be great for the beach, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what he wanted!, March 24, 2009
S. Cash (CA United States) - See all my reviews
This watch does everything my husband wanted in a watch, for a good price. I accidentally ordered 2 for him for Christmas, and didn't realize it until the shipment arrived. JustCalculators (the seller) was awesomely easy, in the middle of the Christmas crunch. I sent one back, and was credited very quickly with no hassles at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars What else can I say ?, August 29, 2013
I`m tired to say that I love Seiko.
Anyone !
And this is not an exception.
Reliable , nice , well finished ,etc.
Too much for a small price.
In particular this is a 100mts waterproof.
But if you are not a ProDiver , is more than enough.
Enjoy it now !!! they are forever
And is MADE IN JAPAN , like in the old days !! (Nikon,Sony,Panasonic,Luxman,National,Sharp)
Remember?
Made in Japan = Perfection

Pd:
China : go home....

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 7, 2014
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNZF17K2 Series 5 Rubber Strap Watch (Watch)
Amazing watch. Simple, elegant, perfect motion, reliable, and high quality. My favorite watch in my collection. Must have!

5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko 5 100M Diver Made in Japan!, April 23, 2014
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNZF17K2 Series 5 Rubber Strap Watch (Watch)
My everyday Watch! why? because its tough, durable, easy to use and elegant too!
I have a Seiko solar 200M Diver Chronograph but I prefer the Seiko5 diver 100M.
Thank You Amazon and Watchzon! Till next order.

ernesto

5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko quality, April 9, 2014
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNZF17K2 Series 5 Rubber Strap Watch (Watch)
I really love this watch. The first thing i did was swap out the strap for a NATO, and it's been good to go ever since. Something you need to consider about this watch since it is an automatic, is that if you do not ware it daily it will lose time- It maintains time by movement. All the reviewers complaining about it losing time don't understand the product they bought.

Also, despite some people saying theirs said "Made in _______" mine clearly displays "Made in Japan"

Seiko Men's SNZF17K2 Series 5 Rubber Strap Watch