Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Seiko Men's SNZH53 Seiko 5 Automatic Dark Blue Dial Stainless Steel Watch
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on September 18, 2015
This is a very substantial, great looking automatic watch. Keeps great time too for a non-chronometer grade automatic watch. I modified the watch by adding a blue sailcloth strap from Bradystraps dot com and a deployment buckle to give it more of a Blancpain Fifty Fathoms look. Check it out!
on May 29, 2013
A great timepiece with an excellent value for money, you get a stylish automatic watch that pays tribute to Blancpain's Fifty Fathoms series. The pictures here do not do it justice and I strongly recommend to do a Google image search for SNZH53.
on May 19, 2015
I wanted to wait a couple months to see how I liked it after the initial excitement of New Watch Day. It's been about 10 weeks and I've worn it probably 3-4 days a week and love it. As mentioned in other reviews, the internet just doesn't translate the gorgeous color of the dial. It's deep, nearly navy blue that looks incredible in the sun. I own other watches that have SUN in red text on the day display, but none that have SAT in any other color than the weekdays...but this Seiko has a bright royal blue SAT that makes me want to wear it even more on the weekends.

I'm not a fan of bracelets, so I switched it out immediately for a blue and gray nato. However, it's kind of a tall watch for it's size (14mm height x 42mm width) and the nato makes it tough to tuck under a shirt cuff. I also snagged a tan leather strap that looks good, though I wish I got something a little darker (More of a medium brown). The bezel is a dark blue and gets a lot of spinning when I'm bored or fidgety.

The crown is a little plain, but doesn't stick out too far so it won't bother your hand by poking it. I love display casebacks and sometimes spend a minute starting at the movement before I strap on the watch for the day.

All in all, it's an excellent watch and an unreal value at <$150 for an automatic from a brand as dependable as Seiko. Buy it, switch out the strap and you won't regret it.
on March 18, 2013
Great diver!!! I decided to buy it based on the review at the worn&wound website (see below). I even got the same Hirsch leather strap. I gotta tell you, the combo is a killer!!! For the money it is hard to beat. I have plenty of waterproof divers so this one is going to be more of a dress/casual watch but I'm sure it would easily withstand an occasional splash of water;)

Worn&wound link: [...]

If you prefer different bezel/dial colors, Seiko makes three different color combinations, too: SNZH55, SNZH57, SNZH60...

Specs:
Case: Polished and Brushed Stainless Steel
Movement: Seiko 7s36B 23-Jewel Auto with Day/Date
Dial: Metallic Blue with Steel inlays
Bezel: 120 Click Unidirectional with Blue Acrylic Insert
Lens: Domed Hardlex
Case Back: Screwdown Display Back
Strap: Steel Bracelet
Water Res.: 10atm (100m/330ft)
Dimensions: 42m, 45mm to crown
Crown: Pull-out
Thickness: 14mm
Lug Width: 22mm
on June 17, 2011
The watch arrived as promised and was expertly packed and absolutely brand new. The on-line photos do not do this watch justice. A no-brainer considering the price. Buyers should note,however, that this is a "diver style" watch as opposed to a true divers watch. the crown is a non screw down and the WR is 100 meters. OK for me though as I don't wear watches in the water.
on November 22, 2012
The back is transparent which I somehow managed not to realize but I like it, so its all good. The hands are easy to read in low light and the band is comfortable with a secure locking system that probably has some cool name, but it holds secure whatever it's called. The only nit to pick is that the band feels...?...light?, hollow?, chincy?, not substantial?....you get the idea. It is just a nit, after all the watch is not expensive and the band is perfectly serviceable. I would A) buy this watch again and 2) recommend it to a friend.
Oh....it keeps accurate time too!
on May 31, 2016
I waited three weeks to write this review as I wanted to get over my initial exuberance and make some objective observations about this watch.

First impressions; it's beautiful! I was attracted to this watch because of it similarity in looks to the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean line. No, you'll never fool an Omega buff but you just might get a compliment or two from your co-workers. The blue face is attractive until the sunlight hits it-then it becomes downright gorgeous.

It's a heavyweight at 5.76 ounces with the included bracelet; compare that to the Rolex Submariner at 4.7 ounces. I'll be honest-the weight bothered me just a bit, but not enough to take it off my wrist. This slight annoyance was remedied with the purchase of a "Bond" (as in James) NATO strap* (as seen in the pic I've included). In addition to lowering the weight, it gave the watch a unique "aficionado's" look.

Over the initial three week evaluation period the SNZH gained about two minutes' and most of that was during the first week (approx 1.5 minutes). As a former Rolex owner I find this completely acceptable-my GMT Master would easily lose 5 or 6 minutes a month.

I took the watch of Sunday night prior to retiring for the evening and left it off until it ran out of power. That was Tuesday afternoon at 1:45, over 36 hours later. That too is acceptable to me.

Other than being suspect of the durability of the domed crystal, I have nothing but good things to say about this watch. In closing I am compelled to ask no one in particular, "All this for $138-are you kidding me?"

*It's called the "Bond" strap because it's a reproduction of the strap that Daniel Craig as James Bond wore with his Omega in the movie, "Spectre."
review image
on July 7, 2012
I received this watch as a gift on my 22nd birthday from my beautiful and loving girlfriend. For anyone wondering it is the SNZH53J1 ie J1 and not K1 so it is the one with the tiny "Made In Japan" on the face between the 8 and 6 mark. Which is a good thing if you're not sure. Arrived in less than 20 hours thanks to Amazon next day shipping. Very happy. Oh yea did I mention it's a beautiful watch. Some say its an homage to the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms, either way it's beautiful.
on April 14, 2011
I received the watch today and I am very impressed. I believe that the current picture shown doesn't give it justice. Be sure to search the web for other pictures to get a true idea of what to expect. The watch arrived well packaged with the original gift box, instructions and warranty. For an automatic watch under $150 it is a steal! The seller that I received the watch from was Time Outlet. I was very satisfied with their service and will have no problem buying from them again.
on July 8, 2015
For the money it's difficult to find a better automatic watch. Fist thing I did was replace the band with a nato strap and it completely changed the look and feel of the watch for the better. The strap that comes with the watch is probably the only negative because it is a bit flimsy and makes noise but when you pay this little or a watch some things like this are to be expected. Luckily this was easy to fix and the rest of the watch is rock solid. My favorite features are the domed glass which really catches the light nicely, and the blue face/bezel. Like others have said you really need to see this watch in person to appreciate how nice the blue looks. If you are looking for a slightly casual automatic then this is an excellent choice.