Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on July 4, 2013
I have the first generation orange and black. The orange had the metal band, was beautiful and pretty accurate. The black had the rubber bracelet so was great for diving but was very inaccurate.

This Monster is by far more accurate than either of the first gen ones. I really like all three but will wear this one more for its sleek looks, great running movement and intense luminescence.

The only problem that I have with this one is the band adjustment. Like the first gen stainless band, this one has tiny bushings that can be easily lost when you are pressing out the link pins. This is something that Seiko should stress as it is very difficult to adjust the band length. If you lose the bushing, the pin will fall out and the watch will drop to the floor. In my view, Seiko should redesign their bands without this annoying bushing. I purchased a replacement rubber bracelet and will probably change over to it soon.

In all, I think that this is the best watch that I own in spite of the bracelet flaws.
44 comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 18, 2013
Great looking watch! Seiko really made this 2nd Gen Monster a winner with the black divers bracelet, Sunburst Orange dial, and the orange numbers on the bezel really sets of the face! The hackable movement is a great plus also. The lume glows like Chernobyl at night, same as all the Monster series!
I have a first gen Orange Monster that has been my favorite everyday watch for years, I hope to get many years service from this fine watch too!
My biggest concern is if the black PVD bracelet chips or scratches easily. I would hate for it to be all torn up in a year or two from everyday wear. Only time will tell.....other than that it meets all my expectations. 3 year warranty is a plus also.
on January 1, 2014
Big, noticeable, bright glow in the dark, accurate, durable, perfect size, not to large or to small. I have a 7.5 in wrist. Mine is the k variant not the j. Some say the "j" variant is made in Japan and the "k" variant is not. A phone call to Seiko US up in NJ will tell you these have no bearing on where the watches are made because all come from the same plant. The "J vs K", according to Seiko in NJ, is the intended market designation only. The front face @ 6:30 position says "4R36", the movement, then "01J4" then "R" then "2". I dont know the last code reference. My understanding is the case is Chinese with movement made in and from Japan. Eitherway an awesome watch and highly recommended.
on January 12, 2014
This is a good solid Seiko Automatic Divers watch. The dial markings are distinctive and glow very well in the dark. The new mechanism is hackable which is an advance.I like the design but do think that black on white is better for the day and date. It seems to keep good time. I replaced the strap as the original is heavy and (if my experience with PVD metal straps is anything to go by) likely to become scrapped and chipped too easily.
on September 13, 2015
I just began getting into seiko dive watches...Damm I have been missing something special all these years.
Great watch in function as well ad style...already have recieved several comments on how attractive it is.
As far as performance has a workhorse movement...depth rating down to 200 meters and from what I've tested so far..excellent luminous markings.
I recomended this watch to anyone looking for an attractive and very capable dive watch
on April 22, 2014
I've worn a Seiko Diver 7002 since about 1992 with a brief interlude with a Luminox carbon fiber watch. I loved the lume on the Luminox, but the band broke during a canoe trip (Booo!). Seiko's have always been my "go-to" watch due to value and durability. I priced the SRP311 at a local shop and wound up purchasing via Amazon. Delivered price was $189.00 less than the local guy who offered 40% off retail of $595.00. The watch has a really nice heft and is heavier and somewhat "taller" than the 7002. The lume is outstanding from normal ambient lighting to dark. Haven't seen it after several hours of dark yet but suspect it will be very readable based on brightness after several minutes. Love the fact that this watch has a "hackable" movement whereby you can freeze the second hand in order to set a precise time, and also very convenient to be able to wind the stem to get the movement going. Overall, this is a terrific looking watch that feels great on the wrist, and Amazon offers an amazing price. Highly recommend!!!
on January 22, 2014
Very nice, pics online do not do this watch justice. Very easy to see time in a wide variety of lighting conditions and as claimed all over by many sources Seiko's lume is some of The Best...Black PVD bracelet is very good looking,feels great and easy to operate. So far after having it for the short time I've had it; time keeping is well within what's expected of an automatic, about +8 seconds per day. The overall build and quality of this watch is flawless and is in the rotation a lot. No watch regret here...Has some good heft to it; but not heavy, feels just right I likey ;)
on June 10, 2015
I like this watch quite a bit.

Pros: very sturdy and heavy (could be a con in some people's minds)
dial seems pretty bright in the dark
number are easy to read

Cons: watch band is hard to re-size (I took it to a jeweler and they struggled with it a bit but finally succeeded)
as others have pointed out, if you don't keep wearing it the auto wind mechanism stops working and the watch stops pretty quickly
the stem screws into the case (presumably to keep water out) and can be slightly tricky to screw back in (which you have to do frequently if
you don't wear the watch a lot).

A nice watch overall and I'm glad I bought it.
on August 17, 2015
Great watch, looks wonderful and easy to wind and set time and date. Took off metal bracelet and put on 20 dollar Hadley Roma black silicon strap with orange stitching for dive trip to Mexico. The wife saw it, and the great Luke, so she took it from me for our night dive!

This is a great watch at a great price for an auto-wind non Quartz for those of us who prefer these type of watches. Looks really cool.

One caution, if you have to adjust bracelet, PAY the ten bucks to a jeweler or watch shop to do it. The little pigs and collars will break. Did on me but I did not care since wanted on a silicon strap anyway.
on October 1, 2015
Nice second generation Monster also goes well with Nato straps in different colors. I have mine on a solid orange zulu with black fittings. It has a better movement now with hacking and hand winding features that the first generation models lacked.