5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish great value, and accurate
I've wanted a blue-dial for a while now. Was going to get an SKX blue-dial with the Pepsi bezel, but those are hard to find. Most of them have the black dial with Pepsi bezel.

I came across this watch, and I liked the fact that it had screw down crown and pushers.

Published on January 19, 2013 by Charlie B

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not perfect.......
A good looking watch but beware the painted bezel which is very easy to scratch. Luminous markings easy to read in dark, and so far a good timekeeper.
The rubber strap leaves a corrugated pattern on your wrist if you fasten it tightly, but in fairness it is a divers watch and would be worn over a wetsuit on many occasions. Otherwise I would advise the metal strap...
Published on May 19, 2012 by hegsandmo@yahoo.co.uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish great value, and accurate, January 19, 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's SSC031 Stainless Steel Solar Dive Watch (Watch)

The reviewer who stated that there is no date window is incorrect. Its small, but its there, between the 4 and 5 o'clock markers.

I don't dive at all, but I do snorkel occasionally to about 15 feet or so. My work takes me to extremely wet conditions almost daily. Because of this, I like to wear a diver's watch rated to at least 200m (20atm), although my old 150m Seiko 6039 has taken all I've thrown at it while snorkeling.

I got the black band version to save a few dollars - and because its shipped by AMAZON. I've pretty much "had it" with all the various non-North American companies. First - you never really are sure what you're getting, second - the warranty is often a "store" warranty, not from Seiko, and third, it takes forever to get things. On that last item, it took two and a half months to get another Seiko watch just recently.

For my black band version, there is a matching stainless Super Oyster bracelet that is available on AMAZON, from Strapcode. These are outstanding Oyster bracelets, head and shoulders above the Seiko stainless bracelets. They feature solid links, solid end pieces, very sturdy clasps, and screw type band adjustment (not the push-pin Seiko type). Worth every penny.

I don't plan on wearing this watch daily, but just for the occasions when the plain SKX007 wont do.

I currently own four Seiko dive watches.

(UPDATE)
Some things not mentioned in other reviews:
The pusher button locks unscrew, and screw back in differently than the hour/date adjusting stem does. The push buttons simply unscrew to a point and stop. You screw them back in with no need to push them down to get them started. This drove me nuts until I figured it out, because the manual doesn't cover it.

My watch came completely "dead" and it took a good 10 minutes of charging to get any motion from the second hand, and another 10 minutes to get "2 second skips" from the second hand, and yet another 10 minutes to get single second increments from the second hand, which show an adequate (but low at that point) charge.

The rotating bezel is 120 clicks, unidirectional, but the whole feel of the bezel is not quite as nice as the SKX007 type bezel found on the automatic winding mechanism watches.

The bezel diameter is just a little larger than the SKX007, yet this watch has a smaller strap attachment width. This makes for an interesting combination of features... the watch looks smaller than it is.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, with a couple of reservations, September 5, 2013
I've had Seiko Dive watches for over 30 years and have been more than happy with them. I wanted a stylish yet rugged every day watch. I chose the SSC031 for a variety of reasons; color combination, rugged design, chronograph features, water resistance depth, reasonably priced, & etc. Since receiving it I have worn it exclusively, overall I am very satisfied with this watch. I wish I could give it 5 stars, however I do have two problems that detract from the watch, marginally. The first, I am not a big fan of the unidirectional bezel, I would prefer a bi-directional bezel. Secondly, though it does have an slightly narrow lug width of 20mm for a dive watch, that doesn't mean it necessarily requires a dinky band. The original band measures out at 22mm at the widest point outside of the lugs down to just a hair over 17mm at it's narrowest. I'm a bigger man, 6' 3" 245 Lbs; this watch with it's stock band, looks like a child's watch on me. I have had other dive watches and just happened to have a replacement band for a Casio DEP 600 dive watch on hand. This band measures out at 23mm at the widest and tapers down to 21mm at the narrowest, this band fits perfectly and gives the watch a more masculine appearance. I also believe that with the wider band it helps to improve the size appearance as well. Some reviewers have commented on the watch appearing to wear on the small side, even though it is a reasonably substantial watch. If anyone is interested in ordering this band, it can be ordered here at Amazon, I've included a link to the band. For these reasons I have decided on giving an overall review score of 4 stars.Casio #10110792 Genuine Factory Replacement Band for Model DEP500, DEP510C

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Watch, May 1, 2012
Very attractive but heavy watch. It would not be suitable for smaller wrists.
Also, the rubber strap seems a little narrow for such a big watch. Good choice if you are looking for a thick divers watch that really stands out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko Win, July 27, 2012
"I'll never have a Pepsi bezel," I said more than once. When I saw this watch, I knew it was time to eat those words. It's got great wrist presence and looks great on any boot you put it on. A man's man's watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Way Beyond My Expectations, July 24, 2013
I'm a bit of a watch nut. Own a number, from very expensive to very cheap. Recently I got the urge to own something that emulates the Rolex Submariner. I have several old Seikos that still work fine after 20+ years. So I took the plunge, thinking that they still must make high quality pieces.

I never imagined I would get such a quality watch for so little. I've tried on watches 10 to 20 times as expensive that don't feel this substantial. It just seems rock solid.

Because it's solar, I'm set forever. I'm now thinking about getting one in black (without the chrono features.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch! Bought it knowing it would need a NATO band., January 31, 2015
First thing is the rubber band had to go. Was able to use a pocket knife to get the to the spring bar for an easy swap. Now with a navy nato band this watch is ready for business casual and the beach.

5.0 out of 5 stars rinse after salt water or you'll be sorry!, September 19, 2014
I've had it less than 2 months,..I went on one dive and now the bezel doesn't rotate any more. I should have just kept my $25 Casio diving watch,..looked cheap but worked fine for several years.

UPDATE: my bad,..I should have rinsed the watch in fresh water,..OK, did that,..and now the bezel works fine. So, went from "defective, 1 star" to "uhmmm, this is a neat watch, 5 stars". I guess I was spoiled by my old cheapo Casio,..I never rinsed it and it was too cheap plasticky to care.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, and even better looking on the wrist, August 27, 2014
You get a lot of watch for the money, and I've received a lot of compliments and questions from people about this watch. Initially, I purchased it as a substitute for my Rolex Sub to wear when I travel outside of the US -- but now I find myself wearing it all of the time. Nice job, Seiko!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking Seiko, June 12, 2014
I really like the looks and design of this watch. The face is not cluttered and the sub-dials are easy to read. Accuracy is very good, just one second fast in over 2 weeks. The rotating bezel is smooth and has about 2 clicks per minute of movement. I'd prefer the bezel movement to be a bit firmer, it doesn't take much of a bump or rub to move it but I usually avoid bumping stuff with such a nice watch. The luminosity is bright and lasts fairly long. The watch has a screw-down crown and stopwatch buttons for water tightness. The buttons have a smooth, quality feel to them. It will be nice to -not- pay $$ down the road for battery replacements. The rubber strap is comfortable but on my smaller wrist (and no planned diving) it's a bit long. For a good source of nylon watch straps check out natostrapco dot com. This watch is a bargain for what you get.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's "time" to "dive in" for a great watch review!!!, January 6, 2015
I don't really know anything about dive/chronograph watches, but I love the looks of this one. Seiko has an excellent reputation as a watchmaker and this watch doesn't disappoint one bit. It has a nice big dial with luminescent markings. The watch fits my wrist very nicely and it keeps time perfectly so far. I like the silicon watchband and the fact that the watch is water resistant. I feel fortunate to have found this watch on Amazon as the local brick and mortar store where I first saw it had it listed for a little over a hundred dollars more! Can't beat this watch with that kind of savings. I fooled around with the stopwatch function a bit and it works as it should. I've been very pleased with the look and feel of this watch. This is really the first real watch I have ever purchased!!!

Seiko Men's SSC031 Stainless Steel Solar Dive Watch