5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish great value, and accurate
I've wanted a blue-dial for a while now. Was going to get an SKX blue-dial with the Pepsi bezel, but those are hard to find. Most of them have the black dial with Pepsi bezel.

I came across this watch, and I liked the fact that it had screw down crown and pushers.

Published 20 months ago by Charlie B

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not perfect.......
A good looking watch but beware the painted bezel which is very easy to scratch. Luminous markings easy to read in dark, and so far a good timekeeper.
Published on May 19, 2012 by hegsandmo@yahoo.co.uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish great value, and accurate, January 19, 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's SSC031 Stainless Steel Solar Dive Watch h (Watch)

The reviewer who stated that there is no date window is incorrect. Its small, but its there, between the 4 and 5 o'clock markers.

I don't dive at all, but I do snorkel occasionally to about 15 feet or so. My work takes me to extremely wet conditions almost daily. Because of this, I like to wear a diver's watch rated to at least 200m (20atm), although my old 150m Seiko 6039 has taken all I've thrown at it while snorkeling.

I got the black band version to save a few dollars - and because its shipped by AMAZON. I've pretty much "had it" with all the various non-North American companies. First - you never really are sure what you're getting, second - the warranty is often a "store" warranty, not from Seiko, and third, it takes forever to get things. On that last item, it took two and a half months to get another Seiko watch just recently.

For my black band version, there is a matching stainless Super Oyster bracelet that is available on AMAZON, from Strapcode. These are outstanding Oyster bracelets, head and shoulders above the Seiko stainless bracelets. They feature solid links, solid end pieces, very sturdy clasps, and screw type band adjustment (not the push-pin Seiko type). Worth every penny.

I don't plan on wearing this watch daily, but just for the occasions when the plain SKX007 wont do.

I currently own four Seiko dive watches.

(UPDATE)
Some things not mentioned in other reviews:
The pusher button locks unscrew, and screw back in differently than the hour/date adjusting stem does. The push buttons simply unscrew to a point and stop. You screw them back in with no need to push them down to get them started. This drove me nuts until I figured it out, because the manual doesn't cover it.

My watch came completely "dead" and it took a good 10 minutes of charging to get any motion from the second hand, and another 10 minutes to get "2 second skips" from the second hand, and yet another 10 minutes to get single second increments from the second hand, which show an adequate (but low at that point) charge.

The rotating bezel is 120 clicks, unidirectional, but the whole feel of the bezel is not quite as nice as the SKX007 type bezel found on the automatic winding mechanism watches.

The bezel diameter is just a little larger than the SKX007, yet this watch has a smaller strap attachment width. This makes for an interesting combination of features... the watch looks smaller than it is.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Watch, May 1, 2012
Very attractive but heavy watch. It would not be suitable for smaller wrists.
Also, the rubber strap seems a little narrow for such a big watch. Good choice if you are looking for a thick divers watch that really stands out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko Win, July 27, 2012
"I'll never have a Pepsi bezel," I said more than once. When I saw this watch, I knew it was time to eat those words. It's got great wrist presence and looks great on any boot you put it on. A man's man's watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, with a couple of reservations, September 5, 2013
I've had Seiko Dive watches for over 30 years and have been more than happy with them. I wanted a stylish yet rugged every day watch. I chose the SSC031 for a variety of reasons; color combination, rugged design, chronograph features, water resistance depth, reasonably priced, & etc. Since receiving it I have worn it exclusively, overall I am very satisfied with this watch. I wish I could give it 5 stars, however I do have two problems that detract from the watch, marginally. The first, I am not a big fan of the unidirectional bezel, I would prefer a bi-directional bezel. Secondly, though it does have an slightly narrow lug width of 20mm for a dive watch, that doesn't mean it necessarily requires a dinky band. The original band measures out at 22mm at the widest point outside of the lugs down to just a hair over 17mm at it's narrowest. I'm a bigger man, 6' 3" 245 Lbs; this watch with it's stock band, looks like a child's watch on me. I have had other dive watches and just happened to have a replacement band for a Casio DEP 600 dive watch on hand. This band measures out at 23mm at the widest and tapers down to 21mm at the narrowest, this band fits perfectly and gives the watch a more masculine appearance. I also believe that with the wider band it helps to improve the size appearance as well. Some reviewers have commented on the watch appearing to wear on the small side, even though it is a reasonably substantial watch. If anyone is interested in ordering this band, it can be ordered here at Amazon, I've included a link to the band. For these reasons I have decided on giving an overall review score of 4 stars.Casio #10110792 Genuine Factory Replacement Band for Model DEP500, DEP510C

5.0 out of 5 stars Way Beyond My Expectations, July 24, 2013
I'm a bit of a watch nut. Own a number, from very expensive to very cheap. Recently I got the urge to own something that emulates the Rolex Submariner. I have several old Seikos that still work fine after 20+ years. So I took the plunge, thinking that they still must make high quality pieces.

I never imagined I would get such a quality watch for so little. I've tried on watches 10 to 20 times as expensive that don't feel this substantial. It just seems rock solid.

Because it's solar, I'm set forever. I'm now thinking about getting one in black (without the chrono features.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice. Love it. But..., July 20, 2014
What I thought was the second hand does not move. The large red hand is for
The timer and only moves if you are using that. The small dial by 9 o'clock is what the second hand really is. The watch is handsome, accurate, and eye catching. But the second hand thing is a bit of a miss IMO. I'm keeping it and love it but it's a little strange. Watch looks stopped to
The untrained eye.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, September 19, 2013
Now I can add it to my collection.
I really like the bezel and the tight movement, I use that the most and works great.
I DID CHANGE THE BAND TO A MILITARY NYLON BAND FOR $14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, significant value!, August 3, 2013
I love the look of this watch. Great Pepsi bezel that really pops. Dial is a rich blue and I love the depth and detail of the dial. Chronograph offers great functionality without making the watch look busy. Like is outstanding. Watch is solar powered so no battery is needed. Also came from Amazon with the warranty card from Seiko. My only miunor gripe is the band while looking fine is not the most comfortable. Had this watch been more I might have deducted a star but for the discounted price paid this is an outstanding value. Will probably grab a NATO strap and a blue Isofrane and watch will be a perfect addition to the collection. Highly recommend this watch!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal, July 23, 2013
What a great deal on a name-brand watch that is solar powered and looks good. Has all the features without the inflated price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not perfect......., May 19, 2012
The rubber strap leaves a corrugated pattern on your wrist if you fasten it tightly, but in fairness it is a divers watch and would be worn over a wetsuit on many occasions. Otherwise I would advise the metal strap option.

Seiko Men's SSC031 Stainless Steel Solar Dive Watch h