Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro STEM

on August 1, 2013
I read good customer reviews about this watch before I decided to buy this watch. As mentioned by the other customers, it appears to be more expensive than I paid for it. It looks really great! As soon as I took it out of the packaging, it ticks right away at the first beam of light inside the house. I however put it on the window sill for two hours to allow it to be fully charged. After that, I adjusted the date and time easily. Finally I adjusted the alarm clock to Hong Kong time because most of my relatives living over there. The next morning I check it up and found that everything ran fine. Another great product from Seiko. Besides, a big plus is that I am free of the hassle of replacing batteries! I can boldly say so because I owe a Citizen Eco Drive watch for seven year now and it runs well for all these years. I believe that this Seiko Solar watch can at least matches the same performance. So pleased that I made a right decision of acquiring this good watch.
on February 10, 2014
I am a watch collector and this is probably my favorite watch to date and I have several watches to compare. It is a medium sized watch and I am a fan of larger watches but what it lacks in size it makes up for in looks. It looks even better in person and looks a lot more expensive than what the price tag says. Awsome watch and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a watch for a gift or just to wear!!
on November 24, 2015
The watch looks absolutely beautiful. The two tone color of the watch makes it look excellent. The date window is absolutely useless. You can not even read the date during the daylight. The watch charges really fast. This watch is not at all big or heavy as some reviewers said. Take my word for it. I have a small wrist and this fits nice. I don't feel awkward at all. In my opinion this watch wasn't built for big wrists. Changing the strap size was super easy, just with the help of a push pin.
Setting the alarm can be a little bit tricky. Pull the main crown out to the first latch and then press the bottom button to adjust the alarm time and push the crown back to the normal position. To turn off the alarm, pull the crown to the second latch and press the bottom button to the current time. I hope this helps in making a decision whether to buy or not.
review image review image review image review image
on June 21, 2013
It's too early to tell how well I will like it as I only wear a watch a couple of times a week now that I am retired. I do like the looks and feel and was hooked on not having to replace a battery. I've owned Seiko watches before an been very satisfied. I know the alarm will take some getting used to, I wish the date window was larger (did I mention I'm old and retired). Don't know if I'll ever use the stopwatch but it's there.
on December 30, 2013
The watch is very good looking in person (better than in the picture), and it can serve as both a casual, going-out watch, and a professional, at-work watch. The date, for me at least, isn't hard to see, but if your vision isn't great, perhaps the date is a bit on the small side. (I note the date size merely because other reviewers gave me the impression that it was microscopic - it's not.)

The weight off the watch is substantial, perhaps an ounce too much even, but I suppose we all get used to the weight, so I can't knock the watch for that.

The solar cell seems to work great...within a minute in the light, the hands started moving. Setting the date and time were no problem - very easy to do. I haven't messed with the alarm yet...sorry I can't report back on that.

The feel of the watch against my skin is good. I have slightly hairy arms, and the watch doesn't tug at my arm hair, which is definitely a plus!

All in all, for $190, you're getting a sharp watch that is known to be reliable and long-lasting...you can't really go wrong.
on October 2, 2013
Beautiful Watch! It came as pictured and as ordered. Works as well as you might expect from Seiko - Perfectly!
on June 8, 2013
It gives the impression of being larger than the stated 44mm case diameter, and it's really heavy; it looks like it should cost 10 times the price. Excellent.
on October 18, 2015
I had been considering this watch, but on seeing it in an upscale store decided to purchase it from Amazon. It is excellent in all details except one. I had read that the date is basically unreadable & those reviews were correct. I don't mind this problem otherwise I wouldn't have purchased it
on August 23, 2013
The last few watches I have owned have been Eco-Drives, and I have been extremely pleased with them. Then I bought this Seiko, and it has been a very nice purchase. Is one better than the other? I don't know, I am still debating that, however, I have to say that I am very pleased with this new Seiko. It is sharp looking, classy and fits very nicely into my wardrobe.
on December 31, 2014
As another reviewer said, this watch looks better in person than in the picture and it looked great in the picture. Have had it a week and it is keeping very accurate time.

I only had trouble setting the date. The watch comes with two booklets, one is the instruction booklet and the other is a warranty booklet. The warranty booklet has a quick setup guide in it. As I found out, the date setting instuctions in the instruction booklet are not quite correct. Follow the quick setup guide on in the warranty booklet instead.