5.0 out of 5 stars It's beautiful and elegant!
Published 13 months ago by SimonSF

3.0 out of 5 stars Elegant but not perfect
Unlike many people, I only have two other watches and spending $200 for watch is a significant investment. So it was frustrating not to be able to get solid information to be able to make an informed purchase. After reading many "awesome watch, wear it on my wrist" type reviews, I wanted to write a more substantial review.

Substantial would be a good word to...
Published 9 months ago by BBlair

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars It's beautiful and elegant!, August 1, 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's SSC138 "Excelsior" Stainless Steel Solar Watch (Watch)
I read good customer reviews about this watch before I decided to buy this watch. As mentioned by the other customers, it appears to be more expensive than I paid for it. It looks really great! As soon as I took it out of the packaging, it ticks right away at the first beam of light inside the house. I however put it on the window sill for two hours to allow it to be fully charged. After that, I adjusted the date and time easily. Finally I adjusted the alarm clock to Hong Kong time because most of my relatives living over there. The next morning I check it up and found that everything ran fine. Another great product from Seiko. Besides, a big plus is that I am free of the hassle of replacing batteries! I can boldly say so because I owe a Citizen Eco Drive watch for seven year now and it runs well for all these years. I believe that this Seiko Solar watch can at least matches the same performance. So pleased that I made a right decision of acquiring this good watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars love the watch, February 10, 2014
I am a watch collector and this is probably my favorite watch to date and I have several watches to compare. It is a medium sized watch and I am a fan of larger watches but what it lacks in size it makes up for in looks. It looks even better in person and looks a lot more expensive than what the price tag says. Awsome watch and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a watch for a gift or just to wear!!

4.0 out of 5 stars My first solar watch, June 21, 2013
It's too early to tell how well I will like it as I only wear a watch a couple of times a week now that I am retired. I do like the looks and feel and was hooked on not having to replace a battery. I've owned Seiko watches before an been very satisfied. I know the alarm will take some getting used to, I wish the date window was larger (did I mention I'm old and retired). Don't know if I'll ever use the stopwatch but it's there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Watch, October 2, 2013
Beautiful Watch! It came as pictured and as ordered. Works as well as you might expect from Seiko - Perfectly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Even more beautiful than the photo, June 8, 2013
It gives the impression of being larger than the stated 44mm case diameter, and it's really heavy; it looks like it should cost 10 times the price. Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch and great service, August 15, 2013
I ordered this watch after reading some reviews and am quite happy with this purchase! The watch is excellent in quality and looks great, the service is also very good and very fast. I received this watch promptly. Will use this company next time when I will need a watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars value rating: excellent...but if price is no object, it's a good, but not great, watch, December 30, 2013
The watch is very good looking in person (better than in the picture), and it can serve as both a casual, going-out watch, and a professional, at-work watch. The date, for me at least, isn't hard to see, but if your vision isn't great, perhaps the date is a bit on the small side. (I note the date size merely because other reviewers gave me the impression that it was microscopic - it's not.)

The weight off the watch is substantial, perhaps an ounce too much even, but I suppose we all get used to the weight, so I can't knock the watch for that.

The solar cell seems to work great...within a minute in the light, the hands started moving. Setting the date and time were no problem - very easy to do. I haven't messed with the alarm yet...sorry I can't report back on that.

The feel of the watch against my skin is good. I have slightly hairy arms, and the watch doesn't tug at my arm hair, which is definitely a plus!

All in all, for $190, you're getting a sharp watch that is known to be reliable and long-lasting...you can't really go wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for spouse, August 29, 2013
Rating was chosen since my husband loves this watch.
It met all of his requirements of a watch..
He definitely would recommend this watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko and Eco-Drive, August 23, 2013
Jim Spencer (Houston, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
The last few watches I have owned have been Eco-Drives, and I have been extremely pleased with them. Then I bought this Seiko, and it has been a very nice purchase. Is one better than the other? I don't know, I am still debating that, however, I have to say that I am very pleased with this new Seiko. It is sharp looking, classy and fits very nicely into my wardrobe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, April 6, 2013
My first Seiko Chronograph only lasted me 23 years, it was a battery style one and I had to replace the battery about every 6 years. I loved that watch and the last repair to it I decided to go with a new style watch. I went with the Seiko solar chronograph and I love it so far. If it gets close to the longevity of my last one I will be very happy.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›