Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on January 22, 2014
The picture almost gives the watch the appearance of having rose gold accents but the accents are in a yellow gold and looks a lot better in person and in a nice size. "Dress Sports" is an accurate description, it is an all occasion watch. Runs great and have not made any extra effort to keep it charged, just normal use is enough. Very highly recommended.

Update

It looks like they updated the color tone of the picture so the accents no longer appear to be rose gold but the yellow gold is a little more vibrant than pictured. Amazon has free returns on watches they sell themselves so you have nothing to lose in seeing the watch in person and making a decision but don't worry, you won't be returning it, you'll love it.
on March 23, 2014
Elegant. Easy to set-up. Reasonable priced for this quality. A bit heavy. I switched from Citizen solar that is difficult to set-up.
on January 20, 2014
Recieved this watch as a gift. It is very elegantly looking and good for wearing with suits. It keeps excellent time; it's always in sync with the time on my cellphone, which is pretty amazing to me. When you're wearing it, it feels substantial, but not heavy enough to be burdensome. I love the fact that you don't have to put a battery in it either. I highly recommend this watch for someone who wants to look like boss but doesn't necessarily want to spend $2000 in the effort!
on October 23, 2015
I have had this watch for several months. It's perfect. I get a lot of complements. I will say that the inside wrist portion did get scratched up, but the face is pristine as the day it was acquired. I have worn it every day for just over 4 months at this point. I'm quite hard on it. I cannot count the number of times I've smashed it into a door frame. It still keeps perfect time, and looks great. It's my favorite watch, and I have a Britling, and a tag heuer, a Citizen Eco Drive, and countless digitals.

This is the one I picked out. 2 tone with a black face so I can wear it constantly, alarm function (that is a pain to use) date window, chronograph. Solor powered, with a 9 mo. power supply. It's a good one. I wanted sapphire glass, but whatever, this one is seemingly just as scratch resistant. Very comfy. I can even sleep in it.
on October 9, 2015
I have only had this watch for a few days but really like it! It is a little heavy but a very solid watch. the band fit my wrist and there are links you can remove if you have a small wrist.
I don't understand the post that said it wasn't readable in the dark. The hands have luminous hands which tell you the time. If you want anything more buy a timex indigo.
I had my Seiko Kinetic watch for 15 years. When it died I sent it away for repairs they wanted as much as this watch cost so I went solar. Put it in the sun for 4 hours and it has been running ever since. Won't go back to kinetic again.
Will update this post if anything changes.
on November 13, 2015
This is a beautiful watch at a reasonable price. It has been only four days and I have already got a few compliments. The watch is easy to setup; the band is sturdy and solar charging feature is going to be good. Not having to need battery replacement is a great feature. The watch also has an alarm, but you can set only one alarm event during a 12 hour period. In this day and age of smart phones, I already have multiple alarm facility. So this limitation does not bother me.

The watch felt rather heavy when I first held it in my hand. But after adjusting the band by removing a couple of links, it does not feel heavy on my wrist. Weight distribution is quite uniform.

There is only one feature I would like Seiko to add to this watch, which is "Hands that Glow in the Dark." It is impossible to read the watch at night. The otherwise near perfect watch will then become perfect.

My previous Seiko lasted 22 years (1984-2006). If I can replicate this kind of reliability, I will be very happy.

By the way, the same watch would have cost me $ 266.00 at JC Penny (after heavy discounts) and $ 230 at SAMS Club including tax. At Amazon, I only paid $ 200 for home delivery including tax.

I strongly recommend this watch.
on June 15, 2014
Amazon listed as SSC142. Seiko website says this model has lumabrite hands and dial. It meas it will glow in the dark so you can tell the time. This watch did not glow in the dark. Also warranty card provided did not come stamped with serial number, model number etc. This should come stamped from the seller to validate the warranty. I will not buy another watch from Amazon. Buyer beware.
on April 30, 2014
I could not set the alarm. After 3 days, I went to a retailer and found out that the alarm was not working at all. The "test" for the alarm did work, It was barely audible, having to hold to my ear to hear it. The day I took it to the retailer, the chronograph minute hand quit setting correctly. When it resets, it will go to the 45 minute setting only.
on July 10, 2014
Excellent watch. Looks great and runs to the second. No instructions to adjust watchband, but was not hard to figure out.
on April 8, 2014
Got this to give as a gift- but have other solar watches and it's great not to have to change batteries every few years.