Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on October 17, 2013
I love the solar charging aspect of it so I don't have to change batteries, and the watch itself looks amazing and extremely classy. But there are a few downsides:

1. The link edges that touch the skin are a bit sharp so the first few days I was constantly itching, and I don't have the band tight either. I guess the skin will get used to it.

2. The color in the center of the links is black, not dark gray like in the photo, and unless you are in bright daylight, the watch looks black. Fine for some, but if you are looking for a gray/dark gray watch, this is not it. It's way darker in real life than in the picture.

3. The second hand that goes around the dial like in other watches is instead a stopwatch, so it just sits there at the 12 o'clock position, while the actual second hand is the tiny dial on the left at the 9 o'clock position. I would have liked if it would function instead as a stopwatch when needed, and as a second hand the rest of the time as it just sits there taking up space and looks a bit weird - exactly as it is in the picture.

4. No day of the week dial. Instead of the top small dial being used as a stopwatch minute dial, would be better if it had the day of the week. I mean, I check my watch for the day of the week waaay more often than I would use a stopwatch. I don't think I'll ever use the stopwatch functions on this watch, so the dials are going to sit there wasting space.

To summarize, the watch looks very very very good on your hand, but lacks usability and some functionality.
on August 4, 2013
Seiko makes great watches. My wife bought me this for our anniversary and I can't say enough about it. It is very classy and I like the solar feature. It is a nice looking watch, and I rely on it heavily in my profession (timeliness is important, no time to look at a clock/cell phone). I'm a pharmacist and always need to know what time it is, what date it is, etc. Medication administration times are important, too.

I have an older Seiko I received as a gift 10 years ago that still keeps exceptional time. It is accurate to about 15 seconds per month (still). It is showing some wear and tear as I wore it every day for those 10 years. It's on its third battery. These things will last a lifetime with proper care. Bravo to Seiko!
on November 10, 2015
The watch coloring is not as pictured. I purchased based off another reviewer here who said the picture was incorrect also and that the band was a deep black.

It looks matte in the picture but it extremely glossy and more gunmetal with the accent color having a hint of gold.

The glass is highly reflective which is not unusual at this price point but the face is difficult to read because of the reflection.

It is a nice looking watch but difficult to read especially the numbering for the tachymeter. If the coloring was more representative of what is in the picture seems like it would be much easier to read.

Pretty heavy but if you like a heavy watch not a bad thing.
review image
on November 6, 2013
I was not looking for a Seiko watch as this brand always reminded old fashioned watches. Like the one my grandfather would buy.
Got really attracted to this one and also found many others beautiful as well.
After reading that Japanese movement is good as the Swiss ones decided to go for this $200 solar watch. It is very beautiful and looks a more expensive watch.
Battery is charged by any type of light, not only sun's.
Maybe because its different gray color it captures more attention than my white Tag Heuer. It's not as heavier as the Tag, but it still has a good weight.
The Hardlex window looks as good as the Saphire crystal from more sophisticated pieces.
on August 12, 2015
Looks even better in your hand than pictured. Takes a bit of time to get used to a stationary second hand, or at least that's how it appears at first till you start to use the small dial second hand. The chrome accents contrast nicely with the dark gun metal (not black). Comfortable without binding or pinching, not excessively heavy. Main reason I bought a solar Seiko is because a jeweler changed the battery on my last Seiko, which is no longer waterproof. Now, no battery changes.
on September 11, 2015
I was so pleased to hear the glowing reviews from other customers that I took a leap of faith buying something of this nature on amazon but I'm glad I did. This is my husbands early graduation gift and he couldn't be happier. Great weight to it and the watch face isn't humungous (we're learning that's a rare feature among stylish watches). The pins were reletivley easy to adjust and put back together. We left it to "charge" in the sun for 5 hours and he loves it's functionality. If we encounter any issues, I'll be back to update but so far, yeah- I'd recommend this to anyone who's considering it.
on March 26, 2016
The bracelet is hollow and flimsy. The dials are very hard to read at night because the face of the watch is too busy. This watch was a mistake. After purchasing this watch I bought a Steinhart Ocean One Vintage Red which I love. I also bought a Christopher Ward C60 Pro 600 GMT which is beautiful....but the loom is not as good as the steinhart and it does not sit as well on the wrist as a steinhart. Spend a little extra and get a really good quality watch for around $500. The Seiko Sarb033 seems like a great buy at $325 from amazon.
on December 17, 2015
Wife ordered this for Christmas and I got to take a peak before wrapping. This is a beautiful watch. Almost too nice to wear casually. It has nice weight and the face is large and easily read. My review is only on appearance but the quality of Seiko speaks for itself.
on November 18, 2014
This watch is everything I hoped it would. Stylish, easy to navigate the functions, great fit. Great value when consider quality, functionality and style. I'm an avid Seiko purchaser and highly recommend this watch.
on January 15, 2016
The watch is essentially what I expected in terms of design, color, and functionality. What I didn't expect was to receive a lightly used/worn watch.
Half of the band had wear-marks when I received it (where it presumably rubbed against table tops, counters, or similar mildly abrasive surfaces). Given the spare links in the box, I'm nearly certain someone else returned it after having it sized and spending some time wearing it out-and-about.

Thankfully the price was ~50% off of MSRP. So...The watch was a fair value, but the product description did *not* suggest it was in fact a "used" item.