Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on May 1, 2015
It is really a great looking watch. Very comfortable. I love the weight and the simplicity. Everything I was hoping for. I don't have tiny wrists but they're on the skinny side of average and this watch is a perfect fit for me.

Update: I measured my wrist and it is just about 7" around. See photos for how the watch looks on a 7" wrist.
review image review image
0Comment61 of 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 6, 2014
This is a terrific catch for anyone who wants a bit of the military style in their selection of watches. I have had mine now for 10 days and found it to be accurate; so far it has only gained one second in that time. My only concerns in acquiring the watch was that Amazon's description stated the watch was 43mm diameter by 11 mm thick. I was concerned it was a bit too large. But by my measurement it is actually 42mm x 9mm, since it is NOT a chronograph, just your standard time keeper with day, date, hours, minutes and seconds, it doesn't have the complications that might make it thicker. So that concern turned out to be no worry. The other concern was that this is the only watch I have that does not have a crown guard. I was thinking the crown might catch on my pocket and change the time or pull out the crown. Also, since I am a politician, the same might happen when I put my hand in other people's pockets. That's a joke, I'm not really a pol. Anyway, that never materialized either, so both concerns were not a concern.

I like the watch style, the 12, 3, 6 and 9 numerals are large, but not overly so, the other indicators are likewise, but are bold enough to make it easily readable. The numbers and indicators are NOT luminous, the only points that are is the hour and minute hands and the small triangles just outside the 12, 3, 6 and 9. The second hand is not luminous but looks really very unique. All hands are white, while the indicators are sort of a creme color, a very nice combination.

There are two things I don't like. The nylon band is too thin and is 22mm wide throughout, too wide for me plus it's really not even water resistant and will likely get funky from sweat and dirt, etc.I put one of my quality rubber straps on it and it looks great. The second thing is very minor, but it is the unnecessary little yellow triangle on the bezel above the 12.

If you want a military style watch that is reasonably priced with quality I would definitely recommend this one and as stated by the previous reviewer, if you can snag it for around $100, it's a GREAT deal without a doubt.
55 comments39 of 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 24, 2014
The Watch looks just like the picture. The Face is nice and the Seiko on the dial is raised up and adds a nice touch to the face of the watch, so everything is not flush like it was just painted on. The markings are easy to read and are cream colored while the hands are white. The band is comfortable but can get stuck on the skin when moisture is present since the back of the band is a leather like material. The stitching is very nice and looks clean. It's very easy to read in all lighting conditions and the hands and 4 triangles at the (12, 3, 6, 9) on the face are luminous. The seconds hand lines up with all the lines on the face of the watch when sweeping across, which most people won't notice but if your attention to detail like me, it makes a difference. The day and date are easy to read and the date changes at 12am but the day doesn't change until 2am. So if your up past 12 the date is right but the day is wrong, you will have to wait till 2am for the day to change. Also Sunday is in red and Saturday is in blue, for some reason all the days are white except SAT and SUN. The Bezel is textured and catches lint and fabric easily also the crystal is above the bezel so it's not protected from scratches. All in all great watch if you can get it around 100 bucks. The box that it came in had a retail price of $195.00. I can't comment on the solar part except when the second hand starts skipping to 2 second marks, it's time to charge your battery. So far I am happy with the watch, time will tell, no pun intended if the solar saves me a trip to change the battery or is reliable.
on July 20, 2015
I never been one to wear watches but I often pull my phone out of my pocket multiple times a day to check the time or date so I figured a watch would keep me off my phone more. I like that the watch is solar. Automatics are cool but the ones in my price range aren't know for accuracy. Very clean, casual design.
review image
on September 13, 2015
This watch has that simple and sleek "military style" I was looking for. The black / tan color palette matches a few of my firearms / knives, which was definitely the selling point for me personally. The simplicity and minimalistic design also intrigued me, as I don't have the need for any other fancy features other than being able to read the time and date. The bezel does not rotate, and if it did, I'd probably never use it. Knowing that I won't have to replace batteries makes me feel confident about its time being spot-on. The watch is not small, but it is not huge. I'd say it is just perfect, even with my very skinny wrists.

The only gripe I have with this watch is the lack of luminosity. The hands, and the triangular marks at 12, 3, 6, and 9 are the only luminous characters. They also have to be exposed to decently-intense light for them to illuminate brightly. Other than that, it's a great product and I see myself wearing it for years to come!

Pro's:
- Great looking watch if you're into military-styled items.
- Nylon band is plenty strong and nicely made.
- Solar-powered.

Con's:
- Not the most luminous watch. Hard to tell the time in poorly lit areas.
review image review image review image
22 comments8 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 14, 2014
This is a very attractive man's watch. The strap is the right length for most men, but could be short if you have unusually large wrists.
It stopped the second day, which I attribute to not enough initial charging time in the light. Since then, it has been fine. Very happy with the purchase.
I paid only $108 for this watch (mid-August 2014) from a different Amazon seller (Watchsavings) and noticed the price has increased quite a bit.
on March 25, 2014
Great design and weight; not too large and masculine yet trendy; fits well on wrist and doesn't slide around...band is comfortable and does not itch. Hopefully it will last a long time as it does not need batteries...shop around for a good price as I did on this purchase; Macy's sells them for $195.00. Good deal if you can find one for $100 or under as I did.
on August 25, 2014
happy with this watch, I had the another (eco) brand similar military solar watch with the fake leather band but the design and weight and band were not right. continue to be pleased with this design, and unlike my seiko 5, it is spot on accurate over a few weeks vs checking the time on the iPhone. The only drawback is the tan band material leached some black dye from the leather underneath when the watch got wet in the rain or sweat outdoors, discoloring the edges slightly, it also collects sunscreen in a messy way ( the band) but given this I'm still pleased with the watch more than 4 stars, maybe 4.5 rounded up.
on February 20, 2015
It's a great watch. I've owned Seiko watches since 1967. I bought my first one in the PX in Viet Nam. I still have four Seikos. The quality can't be beat for the price. With respect to this particular watch, I'm very pleased. The numbers are easy to see. The only suggestion I would make is to enlarge the calendar a bit. It's somewhat difficult to find a reasonably priced watch that has a day/date calendar. Being solar powered is a plus. No more battery changes! If you're looking for a watch that has a large enough face, attractive, nice band and solar powered then you should buy this one now.
on November 8, 2014
good looking watch, not too heavy or large. I like the solar recharging feature (this particular model can hold a charge from a single, sunny day for 10-months according to the SEIKO paperwork in the box). the bezel surrounding the face has a small yellow triangle at the 12 o'clock position, however the bezel doesn't spin in either direction, so this triangle serves no purpose (some watches have bezels that spin to allow for manual stopwatch timing). There is also a triangle at the 12 o'clock position on the face of the watch, so you have two triangles pointing to the 12 for some reason. My biggest gripe is with the night-time illumination. the only illumination you get at night is from the hour and minute hands and the small triangles at 12,3,6,9 o'clock. if you could manually light these up, it would be better. however, you only get illumination from these glowing sections that charge in the sunlight and only last a couple hours.