5.0 out of 5 stars High Value Sport Watch
Published 19 months ago by DRH2015

2.0 out of 5 stars looks great, but inaccurate and scratches VERY easily
Here is a photo showing the scratches on this watch after 1 month of very light use. The crystal is even chipped at 5 o'clock, and I never even dropped it. I am very skeptical that this watch contains Seiko's "hardex" crystal... seems to scratch easier than acrylic.

[...]

I am required to adjust the watch's time every couple of days. It seems to...
Published 13 months ago by Dianna

5.0 out of 5 stars High Value Sport Watch, January 23, 2013
This review is from: Seiko 5 Sport Automatic Navy Blue Canvas Mens Watch SNZG11 (Watch)
Bought this for a nice entry level automatic sport watch. Good price on Amazon, best I found around on the web. The construction appears solid and so far it is keeping nice time. I haven't calculated it out completely yet, but less than a minute from set time over the first week of wear. The strap is comes with is a bit tough and needs some breaking in, I plan on replacing it with a NATO band in the future. Unlike other reviews around on the web, I found it very easy to set the time and date. Seiko has a good reputation, as does the automatic movement they chose for this watch. Very nice looking in person, I have already received multiple compliments on it.

2.0 out of 5 stars looks great, but inaccurate and scratches VERY easily, July 8, 2013

[...]

I am required to adjust the watch's time every couple of days. It seems to run about a 30-60 seconds fast each day.

Great looking watch, but I would gladly spend 5x this price for a more durable, quality product. I am disappointed with Seiko. The watch continues to scratch after the picture above was taken, and will likely be un-wearable in a month or two.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic automatic, rugged and reasonably accurate, April 18, 2014
I love this watch. The hardex crystal has so far resisted scratching even after one year of daily use at work and home. The bands are cheap and plentiful and the watch keeps time fairly well. Folks, owning an automatic means you will be adjusting the time occasionally. If that seems unreasonable perhaps you should buy a quartz movement. Both have their pros and cons. For the money, though, I don't think there is a better buy in the automatic watch scene.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, June 28, 2013
Jim Corter (Jonesboro, Arkansas USA) - See all my reviews
Looks and feels good with excellent accuracy. First Seiko 5 the I have owned but there will be more now that I've experienced the value.

1.0 out of 5 stars SEIKO & AUTOMATIC WATCH is a rip,....seriously,....no joke!, July 9, 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's SNK809 Seiko 5 Automatic Black Canvas Strap Watch (Watch)
I was gifted with this watch in October 2012....it worked ok (lost 2-5 minutes every week) until May 6th when it
just STOPPED RUNNING - no reason, it just died. Contacted Amazon, had to deal with Seiko repair. contacted
Seiko, had to ship it back to them (new jersey) and pay for shipping.....why a 3 year warranty if we have to pay to ship their defective item?
Months go by, receive a postcard 7/7 dated 7/1 asking for our response to a repair authorization they supposedly sent 5/22. It was
never sent, never received, Seiko is blowing smoke....
So Seiko wants $95.91 to fix a $87 watch that was 6 months old and carried a 3 year warranty
I called the office - oh, they close at 5 call back tomorrow, I called today and was told the warranty is no good. The
sellers on AMAZON are not recognized by SEIKO and therefore not covered under warranty.

DO NOT BUY ANY SEIKO FROM ANY SELLERS ON AMAZON, ACCORDING TO SEIKO THEY ARE NOT LEGIT!
That seems a pretty strong statement to me, but that's what Christine said on the phone to me today and we
are out the cost of the watch.....I told her to ship it back unprepared and I'll be danged if I'll pay return shipping.
it never kept perfect time, the watch band which was a selling point to me began to fray within 1st weeks of use.

I bought a TImex experience and it's 10x the watch and they stand behind their products......
SEIKO has proven they are not to be trusted, Sellers of SEIKO products on Amazon are not to be trusted....
Seiko says their goods are counterfeit - you have been warned.......It's only a watch, not worth this grief, screw 'em!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking, functional watch., July 5, 2014
I like automatic watches and wanted an inexpensive, but stylish piece when working in the shop, etc. Great automatic watch for the money! Keeps acurate time. Good quality finish. Luminescent markers are bright and long lasting at night. Date is easy to see on white background during day. The see thru backside is a nice feature. The canvas strap is ok, but I swapped it out for a thick, blue calf leather strap which is more comfortable and upgraded the overall look and feel. The "owners instructions" are a bit skimpy and weren't that clear but it took only 5 minutes to figure out how to set the right date. Wish the watch had a manual winding function as it wont last more than 30-42hrs without wearing it, but I knew that when ordering.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sharp watch, May 27, 2014
Love this watch. It's very sharp looking and you can't beat the price for a watch of this caliber. I get compliments all the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeds my expectation!, July 22, 2014
Sharp looking and great quality. Left it on by mistake a couple times in the shower w/o any problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, August 6, 2014
Very cool and efficient !

5.0 out of 5 stars great watch, June 24, 2013
This is a very cool seiko 5 watch. I would say that the accuracy of this watch is close to most other high-end swiss watches. My experience after 1 week of use is that it is accurate to +1-5 seconds a day. Also the watch is as beautiful as any high end swiss watch I own- mostly omega moon watch, bond seamaster watch, etc. I believe this watch is made in malyasia rather than japan, however I think it's probably made by robots so it's somewhat of a mute point. I have owned seiko watches since I was in high school and this watch does not dissapoint. It has a see thru back and the inner mechanics are seen. It's not as decorated as my omega speedmaster moon watch which is the sandwich sapphire see thru. This watch is beautiful yet utilitarian in that the mechanics seem spartan but very capable and reliable. I think the analogy would be be a toyota corolla. Love the watch!!

Rate and Discover Movies