5.0 out of 5 stars High Value Sport Watch
Published on January 23, 2013 by DRH2015

2.0 out of 5 stars looks great, but inaccurate and scratches VERY easily
Here is a photo showing the scratches on this watch after 1 month of very light use. The crystal is even chipped at 5 o'clock, and I never even dropped it. I am very skeptical that this watch contains Seiko's "hardex" crystal... seems to scratch easier than acrylic.

[...]

I am required to adjust the watch's time every couple of days. It seems to...
Published 18 months ago by Dianna

5.0 out of 5 stars High Value Sport Watch, January 23, 2013
This review is from: Seiko 5 Sport Automatic Navy Blue Canvas Mens Watch SNZG11 (Watch)
Bought this for a nice entry level automatic sport watch. Good price on Amazon, best I found around on the web. The construction appears solid and so far it is keeping nice time. I haven't calculated it out completely yet, but less than a minute from set time over the first week of wear. The strap is comes with is a bit tough and needs some breaking in, I plan on replacing it with a NATO band in the future. Unlike other reviews around on the web, I found it very easy to set the time and date. Seiko has a good reputation, as does the automatic movement they chose for this watch. Very nice looking in person, I have already received multiple compliments on it.

2.0 out of 5 stars looks great, but inaccurate and scratches VERY easily, July 8, 2013

[...]

I am required to adjust the watch's time every couple of days. It seems to run about a 30-60 seconds fast each day.

Great looking watch, but I would gladly spend 5x this price for a more durable, quality product. I am disappointed with Seiko. The watch continues to scratch after the picture above was taken, and will likely be un-wearable in a month or two.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic automatic, rugged and reasonably accurate, April 18, 2014
I love this watch. The hardex crystal has so far resisted scratching even after one year of daily use at work and home. The bands are cheap and plentiful and the watch keeps time fairly well. Folks, owning an automatic means you will be adjusting the time occasionally. If that seems unreasonable perhaps you should buy a quartz movement. Both have their pros and cons. For the money, though, I don't think there is a better buy in the automatic watch scene.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking, functional watch., July 5, 2014
I like automatic watches and wanted an inexpensive, but stylish piece when working in the shop, etc. Great automatic watch for the money! Keeps acurate time. Good quality finish. Luminescent markers are bright and long lasting at night. Date is easy to see on white background during day. The see thru backside is a nice feature. The canvas strap is ok, but I swapped it out for a thick, blue calf leather strap which is more comfortable and upgraded the overall look and feel. The "owners instructions" are a bit skimpy and weren't that clear but it took only 5 minutes to figure out how to set the right date. Wish the watch had a manual winding function as it wont last more than 30-42hrs without wearing it, but I knew that when ordering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, June 28, 2013
Jim Corter (Jonesboro, Arkansas USA) - See all my reviews
Looks and feels good with excellent accuracy. First Seiko 5 the I have owned but there will be more now that I've experienced the value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read my review!!!, January 4, 2015
I love watches! This one is no exception. I have found that wearing for a full day will last another full day without needing to be worn or (rewound). I have noticed that the timekeeping of this watch is excellent as long as you keep it wound. As for me I am tired of replacing batteries and my new watches will either be solar or automatic. I love the look of this watch and yes I would re-buy this watch in an instant. For reference I am reviewing the Seiko 5 SNG11 automatic.

1.0 out of 5 stars not sure, January 2, 2015
1. No papers what's so ever (Seiko Manual, Waranty info, etc.)
2. Unknown origin as far as the country of manufacturing
3. When contacted the seller I found out that warranty is through the seller only and not through Seiko USA. And the argument was "it is original because I say so"

Other than that, the watch looks good. Do not expect "perfect time" - This is not quartz or certified thermometer. It keeps great time for what it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy with my choice in watches, January 26, 2015
I am more than happy with my watch . When I bought it , I didn't realize I was buying a self winding watch , but now I am glad that I did , because it means the waterproof seal won't ever have to be compromised to change the battery .
The watch , so far , has kept perfect time .
I guess if I had any complaints it would be in color of the face . It was sold as being blue , actually it is more black than blue .

4.0 out of 5 stars Sharp watch, May 27, 2014
Love this watch. It's very sharp looking and you can't beat the price for a watch of this caliber. I get compliments all the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great watch, love everything about it including the price, January 2, 2015
This is a great watch, love everything about it including the price. I own different watches and were more expensive, but this watch has so much more for less price.