Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on March 10, 2015
I like this watch, but boy is it a whopper. I don't have large arms, but I'm 6'4 and 220 so I don't have small arms either. This watch covers my entire wrist. I was torn between getting this one and the smaller model at half the price, the SNK807. If I had it to do over, I think I would have opted for the smaller one. But, perhaps I'll grow accustomed to this one. It is easy to read and love the way it lights up at night. It was easy to set up and runs great. Band is very durable.
review image
44 comments22 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2013
Bought this for a nice entry level automatic sport watch. Good price on Amazon, best I found around on the web. The construction appears solid and so far it is keeping nice time. I haven't calculated it out completely yet, but less than a minute from set time over the first week of wear. The strap is comes with is a bit tough and needs some breaking in, I plan on replacing it with a NATO band in the future. Unlike other reviews around on the web, I found it very easy to set the time and date. Seiko has a good reputation, as does the automatic movement they chose for this watch. Very nice looking in person, I have already received multiple compliments on it.
on July 5, 2014
I like automatic watches and wanted an inexpensive, but stylish piece when working in the shop, etc. Great automatic watch for the money! Keeps acurate time. Good quality finish. Luminescent markers are bright and long lasting at night. Date is easy to see on white background during day. The see thru backside is a nice feature. The canvas strap is ok, but I swapped it out for a thick, blue calf leather strap which is more comfortable and upgraded the overall look and feel. The "owners instructions" are a bit skimpy and weren't that clear but it took only 5 minutes to figure out how to set the right date. Wish the watch had a manual winding function as it wont last more than 30-42hrs without wearing it, but I knew that when ordering.
on September 11, 2015
Never was a watch guy. The weight of the watch and the metal bands annoyed me to no end and I would just take the watch off and forget it at my desk for days collecting dust. Then I saw watches with nylon bands which suited even an adult. Weary about wearing a watch, I did my research and the size, brand, movement and price of this watch hooked me. Got this Seiko Sport and have been loving it. No longer do I have to pull out a phone. The glow in the dark coating is vibrant. It definitely impressed my 4 year old the fist few night I wore it to the bed, and truth be told, I was too. The glow in the dark feature yes, but also it was so comfortable that I forgot I was wearing it. It's that good.
on April 18, 2014
I love this watch. The hardex crystal has so far resisted scratching even after one year of daily use at work and home. The bands are cheap and plentiful and the watch keeps time fairly well. Folks, owning an automatic means you will be adjusting the time occasionally. If that seems unreasonable perhaps you should buy a quartz movement. Both have their pros and cons. For the money, though, I don't think there is a better buy in the automatic watch scene.
22 comments7 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2015
I bought this watch in May 2015 and have been wearing it almost daily for last 6 months or more. First off, the watch is not as bright a blue as what is shown on the image. It is more of a navy blue or ocean blue, more subdued but unmistakably blue. Better pictures can be found on the internet or watch fora which depict true color. There are also a few other colors of the same design available on Amazon.

The watch looks very casual as sold with the blue nylon strap, especially when paired with jeans. With a black stitched leather strap, it has become more of an all rounder. The continuous sweep second hand with the red arrow tip is very cool to look at. The hardlex crystal (not sapphire) is very clear and so far hasn't taken any scratches in daily wear. It's not lumed like divers still all the 12 markers and the hour & minute hands are readable in the dark (the seconds hand has too small area for any practical lume). There is also a see through caseback to look at the automatic movement (7s36) inside.

My watch is quite accurate at a consistent -3 seconds a day. There is a day/date function at 3'o clock which is useful. SAT is colored Blue and SUN is colored RED which adds an extra variety. The day/date function is not instantaneous though, it takes a couple of hours around midnight to flip over gradually to the next day.

Seiko does sell other models for lesser but they are either too dressy or the dial size is too small for modern taste. For the cost, this is an excellent automatic casual watch.
on July 8, 2013
Here is a photo showing the scratches on this watch after 1 month of very light use. The crystal is even chipped at 5 o'clock, and I never even dropped it. I am very skeptical that this watch contains Seiko's "hardex" crystal... seems to scratch easier than acrylic.

[...]

I am required to adjust the watch's time every couple of days. It seems to run about a 30-60 seconds fast each day.

Great looking watch, but I would gladly spend 5x this price for a more durable, quality product. I am disappointed with Seiko. The watch continues to scratch after the picture above was taken, and will likely be un-wearable in a month or two.
0Comment16 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2015
I really like this watch. I replaced the nylon band with an oil tanned leather band, which I highly recommend - look for my other review. The mechanicals of this watch are a little unrefined. I can really feel the spring winding, especially when I'm intentionally winding it in my hand after it's gone dead. Much less so when I'm wearing it. Handsome watch.
on June 24, 2013
This is a very cool seiko 5 watch. I would say that the accuracy of this watch is close to most other high-end swiss watches. My experience after 1 week of use is that it is accurate to +1-5 seconds a day. Also the watch is as beautiful as any high end swiss watch I own- mostly omega moon watch, bond seamaster watch, etc. I believe this watch is made in malyasia rather than japan, however I think it's probably made by robots so it's somewhat of a mute point. I have owned seiko watches since I was in high school and this watch does not dissapoint. It has a see thru back and the inner mechanics are seen. It's not as decorated as my omega speedmaster moon watch which is the sandwich sapphire see thru. This watch is beautiful yet utilitarian in that the mechanics seem spartan but very capable and reliable. I think the analogy would be be a toyota corolla. Love the watch!!
on June 28, 2013
Looks and feels good with excellent accuracy. First Seiko 5 the I have owned but there will be more now that I've experienced the value.