Published 21 months ago by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars If you don't wear it for a few hours, it quits.
Published 4 days ago by sublimetxn

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars First one obviously defective.....a year later second one seems great so far, January 23, 2013
This review is from: Seiko 5 Sport Automatic Men's Watch SNZG07 (Watch)
I had this watch and returned it. First, the accuracy was horrible, even for an automatic. It was off my minutes every day...that is the days it did not stop working...Yes, I know an automatic must be worn or it will stop. But the one I had would shut down after less than 6-8 hours off my wrist. So if I went to sleep without the watch it was stopped (and needed to be reset) when I awoke.

That being said, it was a very attractive watch and I was disappointed it did not work out. I did buy the smaller and less expensive version (almost identical in looks) made by seiko and that one is my favorite watch now and I no longer bother with the TAG or the Tissot. I wish they made this watch in a battery operated version which would give it all the positives and no negatives.

UPDATE: A year went by and I still wanted this watch, so I bought it again from a different seller. I do suspect last time that the item was previously returned/used since it did not have any instructional paperwork, as this one did, but regardless it sucked as far as functionality. The seller was not amazon (Jomoshop) and I had to actually do a reverse charge with the credit card to get the return properly resolved. So far this one, the exact same model, is great. It seems to keep great time (for an automatic, less than 30 sec a day off so far ) and keeps running when I have had it off my wrist for as long as 10 hours.and I have not tested it yet at 12 hours. I wish that this was the watch I had received the first time.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, April 1, 2013
This review is from: Seiko 5 Sport Automatic Men's Watch SNZG07 (Watch)
Had the watch 4 days now. Perfect out of the shipping box. Very easy to set day and date. Band is stiff, but seems of high quality and hopefully will have longevity. Product is just as described and, like many others watch buyers on Amazon have noted, looks better in person than in the pictures. One key difference is the difference in color of the watch face (ivory) and the internal "bezel" I guess you would call it containing the hour and minute markers, which is tan. The color combo looks well together, but is hard to discern from the pic on Amazon. Very pleased so far. Great value based in purchase price from Amazon. Would purchase again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good watch, good price. I like it., September 26, 2014
This review is from: Seiko 5 Sport Automatic Men's Watch SNZG07 (Watch)
I like the watch a lot, and will probably buy the other colors as well. I also own the smaller Seiko military watches--the ones with the minute markers on the outer ring and the hour markers on the inner. The only reason I'm going with 4 stars instead of 5 is that the raised ring with the minute markers is a slightly different shade than the dial. When I put it on a dark brown strap, the difference became more pronounced, and not in a good way. I put it back on the nylon strap and it looks better.

4.0 out of 5 stars seiko self winding watch review., October 2, 2013
This review is from: Seiko 5 Sport Automatic Men's Watch SNZG07 (Watch)
I really like the watch, great looking, comfortable to wear. It's a little slow, a minute or so every few days. I know it's not a quartz watch so that's probably acceptable. If I had bought it locally I'd take it back and see if they could adjust it to a little finer tolerance.

All in all I'm happy with the watch,.

2.0 out of 5 stars If you don't wear it for a few hours, it quits., October 26, 2014
This review is from: Seiko 5 Sport Automatic Men's Watch SNZG07 (Watch)
Maybe I don't understand enough about mechanical watches. I definitely didn't know that I would have to wear it all day every day for it to keep time. I'm probably past the return date, but would return if I could. It is too bad, the watch looks great in my opinion. Really good looking face, and the band matches well. But the pressure of every day wear or it will quit is a bit much.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love a Seiko watch and I have been looking for ..., July 10, 2014
This review is from: Seiko 5 Sport Automatic Men's Watch SNZG07 (Watch)
I love a Seiko watch and I have been looking for a military style watch in this size for ages. The watch keeps perfect time and I am sure it will last me for ever. Add to that a great deal and you have one very pleased retired Air Force MSgt.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice gift for a friend, June 15, 2014
This review is from: Seiko 5 Sport Automatic Men's Watch SNZG07 (Watch)
This was an appropriate gift for a good friend. Wanted to purchase a tasteful automatic, that would look right with the uniform without worry that it would get too scuffed up with regular use. It works great, and keeps good time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good watch if you use it regularly., May 19, 2014
This review is from: Seiko 5 Sport Automatic Men's Watch SNZG07 (Watch)
This is a great watch but I just don't wear it enough. I switched out the band and used a leather one that fits nicely with the face size and style. Every time I wear it I have to adjust the time because I don't wear it enough to keep it wound. That is purely my fault but it doesn't keep me from wearing it occasionally.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Watch but doesn't last more than 12hrs, April 13, 2014
This review is from: Seiko 5 Sport Automatic Men's Watch SNZG07 (Watch)
Really nice watch that keeps time very accurately. The face is very easy to read and I love that is has both the day and the date. For this price there is no other mechanical watch that comes close. I have, like the other reviewers, received multiple compliments when wearing this out. The glow works well, but doesn't last from day to night, but is easily reactivated. It's a very solid construction and comes in the original packaging and box from Seiko that looks nice. Setting the time/day/date is a bit tricky at first, but since you will have to repeated do this if you don't wear it everyday or if it sits for more than 10hrs, you will soon find yourself resetting it every time you want to wear it. Also, to wind it you have to shake it, you cannot twist the crown to keep it wound. Overall, I'm very happy with it, but winding it each time can be a drag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love seiko watches, April 4, 2014
This review is from: Seiko 5 Sport Automatic Men's Watch SNZG07 (Watch)
This watch is bigger than others, really cool, love seiko watches and this is not the exception, good watch to have

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›