HTL Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Outdoors Gift Guide on

on January 23, 2013
I had this watch and returned it. First, the accuracy was horrible, even for an automatic. It was off my minutes every day...that is the days it did not stop working...Yes, I know an automatic must be worn or it will stop. But the one I had would shut down after less than 6-8 hours off my wrist. So if I went to sleep without the watch it was stopped (and needed to be reset) when I awoke.

That being said, it was a very attractive watch and I was disappointed it did not work out. I did buy the smaller and less expensive version (almost identical in looks) made by seiko and that one is my favorite watch now and I no longer bother with the TAG or the Tissot. I wish they made this watch in a battery operated version which would give it all the positives and no negatives.

UPDATE: A year went by and I still wanted this watch, so I bought it again from a different seller. I do suspect last time that the item was previously returned/used since it did not have any instructional paperwork, as this one did, but regardless it sucked as far as functionality. The seller was not amazon (Jomoshop) and I had to actually do a reverse charge with the credit card to get the return properly resolved. So far this one, the exact same model, is great. It seems to keep great time (for an automatic, less than 30 sec a day off so far ) and keeps running when I have had it off my wrist for as long as 10 hours.and I have not tested it yet at 12 hours. I wish that this was the watch I had received the first time.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 1, 2013
Had the watch 4 days now. Perfect out of the shipping box. Very easy to set day and date. Band is stiff, but seems of high quality and hopefully will have longevity. Product is just as described and, like many others watch buyers on Amazon have noted, looks better in person than in the pictures. One key difference is the difference in color of the watch face (ivory) and the internal "bezel" I guess you would call it containing the hour and minute markers, which is tan. The color combo looks well together, but is hard to discern from the pic on Amazon. Very pleased so far. Great value based in purchase price from Amazon. Would purchase again.
on July 15, 2015
This is my second Seiko watch. Recently I purchased a blue SNK model. The SNZ is a large watch. It's definitely larger than the SNK. Just as the SNK, the SNZ is a nicely finished watch with some heft to it. It functions just fine, assuming a potential customer is familiar with mechanical watches.
This being a "K" model i noticed the movement rotor does not say "Malaysia", instead is has "Seiko" on a few pieces. Japanese or Malaysian, these are still nice watches at a good price. Though I haven't worn this one yet, I'm thinking i'll prefer the size/weight of the SNK (I'm 6ft 200lbs). I'll still keep this for the variety. Some advice for those not familiar with automatic watches: Right out of the box I swung the watch in an arc and counted to
60, not fast. This gave the spring a good wind. When I put the watches down for the day i'll give them the same swing in an arc and count to about 20 or 30. This should guarantee them to stay running. If you don't wear it, plan on winding it in this motion once or twice a day. If you don't, you can expect any automatic to stop in a day or two (or maybe three). If you like auto's, give the Seiko 5's a try. Can't beat them for the price. Also, unless you buy direct from Amazon, don't expect to receive an owners manual, registration card, or warranty card. Read on the listing who provides the warranty; Seiko or someone else? This watch only came with the blue Seiko box. My SNK from Amazon direct came in the box with the factory documents. FYI
on October 2, 2013
I really like the watch, great looking, comfortable to wear. It's a little slow, a minute or so every few days. I know it's not a quartz watch so that's probably acceptable. If I had bought it locally I'd take it back and see if they could adjust it to a little finer tolerance.

All in all I'm happy with the watch,.
on May 28, 2015
This watch is awesome. The band is supercomfy, and for a canvas band it has a leather like sheen The watch feels like a real watch, and it only takes 6-8 hours a day to keep it going. My Eco Drive died from the dark winters and long shirts. On weekends I wear it 2-4 hours and it still keeps perfect time. Watching the open caseback reminds me of my Grandfathers pocket watches. My other Seiko is 16 years old and starts kicking after 2 shakes.This watch looks even better on your wrist, very unique and good to know it will keep ticking even when playing Call of Duty at night. A few minutes under the cell phone light and it glows all night. This watch deserves 6 stars!
on June 16, 2014
I have many watches and this is definitely one of my favorite casual watches. Looks great. Feels great on the wrist. Love that the automatic mechanism can be seen on the back. I have read some reviews that it doesn't work well, but I have found that it keeps near perfect time - and I have had it for six months - functions great. I highly recommend it. Quality nice looking watch that stands out in a subtle manner - and a very affordable price. You won't be disappointed.
on June 24, 2015
This watch is priced competitively for an automatic watch and the quality is pretty decent as well! I had this watch for about four months and it's still running strong. I would definitely recommend buying this watch if your looking for a casual, inexpensive and quality automatic watch. Seiko 5 sport fits the bill!
on October 5, 2015
This watch is a blend of elegant engineering philosophy (no batteries. Well, no chemical batteries because the mainspring is technically a mechanical battery), timeless outdoorsman design, and economics. I bought this watch for a specific purpose and wanted instant confirmation of military time without having to "add 12". Is it the finest made, most beautiful, or most durable? Probably not, but there's not a lot of reputable automatics out there for $100, especially one reminiscent of the Hamilton Khaki.

Some non-obvious thing buyers may wish to note:
- There are various pictures of this watch. On the one I received, the ring around the face is distinctly more greenish than the "cream" color in the center of the face.
- It makes a bit of noise as the weight turns.
- You can stop the second hand, but it's not the easiest thing to simultaneously set the second and minute hand. I usually set mine to the minute, so I can't tell you if it looses or gains a bit. Videos on Youtube show how to get the accuracy down a few sec/day.
- The back is stunning. Automatics are complex and amazing machines (they were invented in 1923 AFTER the invention of internal combustion engines, airplanes, radios, etc.)
- The crystal is perfectly flat and give it an old-fashioned look that I really like.

I think this is a great budget automatic. I deduct a star for the band (canvas, meh) and a few small things such as the second hand setting difficulty, but overall, I love it.
review image review image review image
on November 13, 2015
My goal with this purchase was to replace my Casio Pathfinder (digital quarts fishing watch) with an automatic analog for $100 bucks.
I had realistic expectations for the automatic accuracy issues and must say my watch only lost about one minute per week, which I can live with.
This watch is incredibly well made and wears fantastic. It has a lower profile on my wrist than a dive watch and I was able to attach my Suunto band compass, which is required equipment for me. While I do not intend to use for diving, the 100 meter water resistance is adequate for my fishing and shower use, because I typically rarely take off my watches. The band is very comfortable and wears better than any rubber or silicone band in the Florida humidity.

I was going to give four stars, but honestly HAD to give it a FIVE STAR rating because I could not find anything that needs improving
or warrant less than the highest rating.
on April 13, 2014
Really nice watch that keeps time very accurately. The face is very easy to read and I love that is has both the day and the date. For this price there is no other mechanical watch that comes close. I have, like the other reviewers, received multiple compliments when wearing this out. The glow works well, but doesn't last from day to night, but is easily reactivated. It's a very solid construction and comes in the original packaging and box from Seiko that looks nice. Setting the time/day/date is a bit tricky at first, but since you will have to repeated do this if you don't wear it everyday or if it sits for more than 10hrs, you will soon find yourself resetting it every time you want to wear it. Also, to wind it you have to shake it, you cannot twist the crown to keep it wound. Overall, I'm very happy with it, but winding it each time can be a drag.