Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Seiko Sportura Black Dial Black Steel Black Rubber Chronograph Mens Watch SNAE89
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on September 20, 2013
My new go-to watch. Feels great on the wrist and JomaShop customer service is the best! Will definitely order from again!
on August 25, 2013
Very nice watch! Looks and feels great! I read some reviews where the size of the face was questionable (possibly too big), it's actually about the size of a $.50 coin. Looks very nice on my wrist (definitely not too big and
doesn't look like a hip hop or kiddie/teen style watch you see at the mall).
on April 22, 2013
I've been looking at Seiko's Sportura watches for a while: they look sporty yet classy enough to wear in all situations. I just didn't like the leather band that came with the other Sportura I liked (black case, black dial). I wear my watch all the time, and I didn't want the leather getting wet or sweaty.

So, when this new model showed up, I got it right away. I am not disappointed. It's a great watch; it has a nice weight (but not too heavy to wear as much as I do), the band is exactly what I wanted, and it is very well made. The screw-down crown is a nice touch.

Just a few points that may not be obvious from the watch's description:
- the three smaller dials are (from top, going counter clockwise) the chronograph minute dial, the watch second dial, and the alarm dial. The long, red "second hand" is only for the chronograph, or stopwatch. It sits at the 12 o'clock position unless the chronograph is going. There is also a small date window.
- the alarm is pretty weak, and only usable if you want the alarm to go off in the next 12 hours. I rarely use a watch alarm,, so this is fine with me.
- the watch does tend to catch the light a little... the small amount of metal in the bars at the number positions and around the small dials "sparkle" a little, especially in bright light. I didn't really like this at first, but I've gotten used to it. The watch is eye-catching, and I do get compliments on it.
- the hands do glow, especially when they've been exposed to light for a while. I can tell time in the dark if I stare at it a while, but it's no Indiglo

The only parts of the watch that I would change (and the reason for deducting a star) are the silver metallic bars extending the into the band at the 12 and 6 o'clock positions. They seem really out of place on the watch, which has an all-black case. The bars aren't part of the case; they're really just little inserts that have the spring bars going through them just the band does. While I have gotten used to these as well, I would change them out to black ones to match the case if I could.

Still, it's a great watch... the best I've ever owned, actually. Highly recommend.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse