5.0 out of 5 stars super quiet wall clock
This wall clock is whisper quiet. Highly recommended also for its understated elegance. We love it.
Published on July 2, 2010 by Ms Margy

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as quiet as I expected
Published on September 16, 2010 by David

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as quiet as I expected, September 16, 2010
David "luphoto" (Castro Valley, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seiko Wall Clock Silver-Tone Metallic Case (Watch)
I placed the order after reading previous 4 reviews. Now I regret it that I bought it: it's not as quiet as what those 4 reviewer's say in their review. It's not "dead quiet", it's not "absolutely silent", it's not "truly silent", instead, I can hear the sound of the moment of second hand of this clock hanging on the wall in my bedroom. It's not as annoying as those ordinary clock, but definetely you can hear it in utter quietness. To me, the click is as loud as the sound from my wife's Timex watch placed by her side.

Well, amazon's description doesn't mention anything about quiet like other quiet sweep clock, so I have nothing to complain about amazon. I just hate it when people giving out false testment, or maybe they are just old people with bad ears?

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Silver, May 2, 2011
Jennifer H. Ware (Alexandria, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seiko Wall Clock Silver-Tone Metallic Case (Watch)
I ordered this clock for its quietness and color. When I got it out of the box I was sad to see that it is not silver. It is much more matte light grey than silver. It is a very nice looking clock, but if you are looking for a silver clock this is not the one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Clock but Funny Convex Angle Makes it Hard to Read, June 11, 2012
This review is from: Seiko Wall Clock Silver-Tone Metallic Case (Watch)
I bought this clock because it was: a) a Seiko; b) clean and simple looking and c) affordable. The only problem when I got it was that there seems to be this funny convex/concave thing about the glass/plastic face that protects the clock. It makes it hard to see the clock hands from more than 6' away. I found myself bobbing my head left and right up and down to try to "get around" the funny glare that's produced from the surface. I even tried it in different lightening situations. The same thing. I thought it was me until my whole family started going, "What's up with the new clock?"

Now, I've banished the clock to the garage workroom which is relatively small so I'm up close to it all the time. Good looking clock but disappointing about the face. You can't see it in the photos online but the distortion is there.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very quiet clock AT FIRST!, November 29, 2010
Elaine Hokansson "Elaine" (New Bern, NC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seiko Wall Clock Silver-Tone Metallic Case (Watch)
Some reviewers complained because the clock isn't silent. It isn't completely silent, but I have to get within one foot to hear the very soft sounds and I have excellent hearing. I'm very pleased with the size, appearance and quietness.
Update 5/17/13: The ticking has become so annoyingly loud I'm planning to replace the clock.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it if you're looking for a quiet clock, January 23, 2009
aerotive (Arkansas, USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this clock because it's described by Seiko as having a "Quiet Sweep" second hand. Well, it's as loud as an average analog clock, maybe a little worse. I even sent it in for a warranty replacement, and the second one was as bad as the first.

1.0 out of 5 stars Simple, classic, quiet clock, February 13, 2012
This review is from: Seiko Wall Clock Silver-Tone Metallic Case (Watch)
Simple design that goes well with our bedroom decor. About a foot across and even with the smallish numbers, very visible from the bed or bathroom door, which helps in the morning rush. As far as it being quiet, we have no trouble sleeping with it and you basically have to have your ear next to it to hear it ticking. Up on our wall, it's essentially silent. Cased in China, movement made in Thailand. We've had good luck with Seiko products before and expect the same from this clock.

Update - clock worked fine for first weeks but has been losing time drastically. Thought it might have been the battery that came with it and used new battery - same problem. Would be 30 minutes slow after 12 hours. I'm returning it. Disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars super quiet wall clock, July 2, 2010
Ms Margy (middle America) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars close to silent, April 28, 2014
This review is from: Seiko Wall Clock Silver-Tone Metallic Case (Watch)
It's is quieter than most other clocks. Not exactly silent though.
It looks nice and is well made. Glass face on it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quiet and accurate, January 20, 2011
Daddy Z (Southern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seiko Wall Clock Silver-Tone Metallic Case (Watch)
I bought this clock for my sons' bedroom. We have 3 clocks, including this one and I have to say this clock is one of the better clocks we have.It also wonderfully matched my sons' furniture. It's not really "super" quiet. You can still hear it ticks but not as loud as the other two. It doesn't seem to bother my sons that much. And Seiko has a reputation for time accuracy which I like best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bedroom clock on a Budget, August 10, 2010
This review is from: Seiko Wall Clock Silver-Tone Metallic Case (Watch)
Excellent value, and great bedroom clock as it truly is "silent". This clock replaced a Marshal store bought quartz that was so loud it would keep me awake at night. Accuracy of this Seiko is as expected. Recommend this wall clock where noise would be an issue.