Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on July 20, 2007
This watch is really great. The face is a nice deep blue, and the band is a shiny silver. The watch works great, and feels like a real metal watch (unlike some that just feel like cheap plastic). The face is small and feminine, but also very professional. It doesn't feel too heavy, nor is it so light that you don't notice it while wearing it. My only complaint is this: There is no second hand. While this is a rather insignificant detail, some people prefer having a second hand. But there is an upside to everything, and in this case it is that there is no annoying ticking sound. My old watch used to drive me crazy at night when i was trying to sleep, even when I wasn't wearing it!
Overall, I feel that this watch is wonderful. =]
on April 2, 2013
This is simple and elegant watch that reminds me of a Movado. It's hard to tell from the picture, but the face is satiny dark blue. I saw it in a store first and liked the blue and silver combination well enough to check Amazon for a better price.

There are two things I don't like about this watch so I gave it four stars rather than five. First, the stainless is too easy to scratch. Second, the bracelet links are pretty big so I have to wear it either a little too tight or a little too loose. I wish it fit my wrist a little better.
on August 6, 2011
I purchased the watch in January as a birthday present based solely on the Seiko name and my positive prior experiences with them. The new watch was worn for less than one month before scratches appeared all over the watch band and crystal. The wearer is an office manager in a dental practice, not exactly a place that should scratch something like a Seiko. Or so I thought.

We returned the watch and the short story is they don't cover cosmetic issues. Paid another 50 dollars to have the band replaced (crystal was supposed to be replaced to, but they forgot - wasn't charged).

In subsequent phone calls to Seiko, was eventually told we should have bought their Pulsar brand, as they are fully covered. They have an effective system of keeping you from talking to a manager, which just added to the frustration.

Granted it was an inexpensive watch, but I now have 50% more invested in just the new band (plus it came back un-sized so it meant another trip to the jeweler for sizing).

A lousy experience all around, and a surefire way to make sure I don't by another Seiko. Makes me look at my two other Seiko watches with disappointment despite both being solid and tough as a tank.

-- I should add that the watch was purchased here on Amazon but fulfilled by BBQGuys who were completely unresponsive. I wonder if the the watch isn't a counterfeit, esp. after looking at the other reviews.
review image
on February 27, 2008
I bought this watch for my wife's birthday, and now she only takes it off to shower or bathe the baby. She normally does not wear jewelry, but she will not let this out of her sight. Also, the people that sent it to her got it to her in plenty of time for her birthday, which is a really hard thing for a soldier in Iraq to do anything on time for someone stateside. Thanks, Amazon!
on June 7, 2007
I just received the watch, it was exactly as described and pictured. Solid construction, but it fits a larger wrist. I will be taking out two of the links, but it doesn't look too difficult to accomplish.
on December 27, 2012
My Aunt for whom I purchased the watch for tells me she loves the look and feel of the watch and that it keeps perfect time and that she'll love never having to replace the battery. I have purchased Seiko watches in the past and have always found them to be of excellent quality.
on January 13, 2006
The watch is wonderful, however I received 2 watches because amazon did not remove the watch from my wish list. I have contacted wristking which refers me back to amazon, I contact amazon and they refer me to wristking. Unless the returns policy improves I cannot see myself ordering anything else from either wristking or amazon.
on October 3, 2013
This watch arrived on time. The battery was dead, however, so I had to take it to a watch repair shop. At the same time, I had three links taken out and now it is working fine. The only thing I wish I had considered ahead of time was the dome-shaped crystal. After only one week, it's scratched up. From now on, I'll only be buying flat ones.
on February 21, 2014
This is the second time I bought this watch. I bought this one because I loved the watch but water got under the dial and the clasp failed. This time I realized that it cannot be worn in the shower which means I take it on and off every day. After less than 3 months, this clasp, too, has become extremely difficult to open and practically impossible to close. I usually resort to using pliers because I don't have enough strength in my fingers. It's a great disappointment and probably will be returned since the problem will only get worse.
on June 27, 2009
I like this watch very much. It both looks and feels nice on my wrist and is easy to read. The bracelet is quite long, I had to remove several links. So this will work well for someone with a large wrist.