5.0 out of 5 stars Super Seiko Solar Watch
This is a beautiful, comfortable, and classy watch. Best of all? No more batteries!

Published 14 months ago by M.C. Shopper

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking watch, but bad quality control
I bought this for a friend of mine who complains about having to replace her watch battery every year or so. I figured a solar watch would solve this problem.

The first one looked very nice, but the applied hour markers at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock were tilted at an angle relative to all the other markings on the face, so I returned it.

On the...
Published 9 months ago by Gary Kinsman

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Seiko Solar Watch, July 6, 2013
This review is from: Seiko Women's SUP043 Stainless Steel and Black Dial Baguette Solar Watch (Watch)

The dial is slightly iridescent in the light, similar to a black pearl, which is stunning. Although the watch face photographs as though it were solid black, it is not. I could not be happier with this watch. I bought it to replace a 10 year old Seiko tank watch I lost in June, due to a clasp that had become faulty over the years.

The clasp on this new Seiko is more secure, and the whole piece is more streamlined and modern. Shipment was fast and delivered on time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant and modern, December 30, 2011
I love this watch! It is so slim and pretty on the wrist. Works well for day to day wear as well as when I dress up. And no more batteries? Come on, what is better than that! I was told that a 20 minute charge on this watch is supposed to last up to 2 years. I haven't taken it off my wrist, so I don't really know...but I look forward to no more dead watches on my arm all of a sudden. I am much like the other reviewer, I got tired of looking at my phone for the time. Also, it is becoming frowned upon to continually look at your phone. I rather prefer having a watch on anyway. Much less bulky and easier to access. I did not purchase my watch from this seller however, so I have no helpful feedback for that. Just for the watch. Thanks Seiko!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lady watch, September 5, 2013
The nice-looking and elegant watch fits perfectly my small wrist. Power is on right away when I took it out of the box. No battery is necessary and four bands are removed when I brought my watch to get length adjusted. Greatly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, April 26, 2013
This a very nice watch and very dressy and elegant the best is no batteries Fast and great service would recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made quality warch, September 10, 2013
Great watch! Beautiful, dressy but can still wear it everyday. Lightweight but very well made. Nice clasp mechanism. Love the solar aspect. Face has linear texture radiating from center that has a nice reflective effect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, September 18, 2013
sleek, lightweight, classy, can hardly feel it on your wrist. I wish this came in other face colors, would buy more

4.0 out of 5 stars Seiko Solar..., January 6, 2014
Aside from it being an attractive, contemporary design, will let you know, perhaps, in 5 years on performance criteria. I have two Seiko (self-wind) that are 38 and 37 years old respectively. One gold/one silver, that I now only wear for special occasions. Love these watches as they have provided tough, high quality performance for all these years. (Lost one in a pond for over 4 weeks underwater, and found, by accident, against the odds, by a nephew who was snorkeling)

However, this particular watch (SUP043), was purchased for my wife that add to her "deep" collection of watches worn for "matching outfits". Own '0' solar watches, and was curious as to how they would function and endure. Seiko, is a brand I've come to trust over the years, and thought why not for the price? My wife has several varying levels of functionality in this brand, and ALL are still running.
Bottom-line....she really likes it. And really, can't complain about the price!

The only complaint I have thus far, is that the bracelet can only be adjusted by removing links that needs an eagle eye and the hands of a surgeon to remove and relink. (A few cuss words were produced per minute rate). I suggest that any adjustments be done by a local jeweler who have the equipment to do this without having to worry if the grandchildren are within earshot...heh

4.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to read., February 13, 2014
It is very pretty and stylish. I like the fact that it is always the correct time, exactly. It does not show the minutes very clearly.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking watch, but bad quality control, December 23, 2013
Gary Kinsman (Simi Valley, CA USA) - See all my reviews

On the replacement sample, the whole face was rotated at an angle relative to the case. All the lettering on the face went uphill, from left to right. The two applied markers were off at a different angle than the rest of the face.

This is a nice looking watch for the money, but Seiko really needs to pay more attention to the quality control before shipping them out the door.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant watch for a delicate wrist, November 18, 2013
Very nice, delicate watch. I wanted something professional, unobtrusive, and elegant that I could wear to work, and this fit the bill. I did have to go to a local jeweler to have 7 links removed to fit my tiny wrist, but that only cost me $4. I love the simple design of this watch and the fact that I won't have to worry about replacing the battery. I'm thinking about getting it in gold, too.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›