Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

VINE VOICEon January 7, 2012
I bought this Seiko Women's SUP052 Two Tone Stainless Steel Analog with White Dial Watch for my wife for her birthday (which has not yet arrived). She had seen it in a major department store's advertisement and had shown it to me. But she had no idea that I would actually buy it for her.

Of course, prior to purchasing it, I checked here on Amazon. (I ALWAYS do that before I buy ANYTHING!) I'm glad I did. Not only does Amazon offer this watch for MUCH less than that department store's 'sale' price, Amazon is now offering the watch themselves with free shipping (when I bought mine, receiving it on December 15, 2011, Amazon was selling it only through a 'partner' which nonetheless offered excellent service and an excellent price).

As my wife does not yet know that I have bought the watch, I have kept it hidden from her. Since it is a solar watch, each day I put it on a windowsill (well out of her sight) so that I can keep the battery fully charged until I give it to her.

I have had it for three weeks now - and it keeps perfect time. It has not gained or lost even one minute (there is no second hand). Seiko has always had a good reputation for reliability and this one certainly lives up to that reputation.

I can highly recommend this wristwatch to any woman who likes its styling (and to any man who wants to surprise a woman in his life).

Thank you for reading this and for considering my opinion.

Lawrence H. Bulk

==================================================================================================================================

Update: February 1, 2012

I gave the watch to my wife on her birthday. I had hidden it in our kitchen (in a place where she would never find it) and, the night before, I put out a birthday card for her. She always goes down to the kitchen before I do, and she saw the card, but no present. When I came down and wished her a Happy Birthday, she grumpily said, "Well I guess that's what I would expect from you - no present."

I had kept the original major department store advertisement and just then I "accidentally" found it.

I said to her, "Now why did I keep this?," showing her the advertisement which had several watches featured.

She replied, "Because I liked one of the watches."

"Which one?," I asked.

"I don't remember," she replied.

I then asked, "Could it be THIS one?" as I pulled out the watch from its hiding place and opened its box.

I won't tell you what happened next - but I WILL tell you that she was both VERY surprised and VERY pleased.

By the way, the watch has STILL not gained nor lost even one minute!
on July 23, 2011
I am so delighted with this Seiko watch. It replaces one that my husband purchased for me for our first Christmas in 1994. It is sheer elegance. I had seen it at Smyth's for $250.00 last year and refused to send that much. then I saw it at Macy's for $200.00 and figured I should be able to find it online even cheaper. It was well worth the wait.
on March 6, 2012
The solar watch is very nice and my wife like is styling. The band size is a little on the small size and it would be nice if there were one or two links that could be added.
on October 27, 2012
I obsessed for months over which watch to order online. I finally settled on this watch. However, at the time I ordered it, I think the black faced watch was pictured with the part number of the white face watch. Sure enough, when I received it in the mail, I had the black watch. I thought I would put Amazon and the seller to the test -- I went through the procedures, corresponded with the seller, and exchanged the watch. The process was very easy. I am happy I have the white face watch. I found the previous reviews very helpful. It is the right mix of simple and sparkly. It is worth it to have a tape measure with you while viewing the watches online. I wanted a small watch and I got a small watch!
on March 12, 2012
It not only arrived on time, but almost 2 weeks before the given delivery date, without any issues. And that's the kind of things you don't experience very often when ordering from overseas.
Now, regarding the product, a really very impressive watch, fine and yet functional. My wife just loved its delicate details and how lightweight it is.
on February 24, 2013
This watch was a replacement for my last Seiko watch (which I loved too) This one has a bigger face, which I like and a little dressier, so I can use it for both everyday or dress. It had to have a couple links taken out to fit my wrist, but that's usual for me. Great price, great look, and it's a Seiko. I would definately recommend it to anyone who want a dependable watch that also looks classy.
on May 13, 2014
Actually..it was more beautiful once I received it than it was looking at it on the computer! Was more than worth the price!
on March 2, 2014
I've always enjoyed Seiko watches. I was looking for a watch which could be worn at a more formal affair and this watch is perfect for that.The face is easy to read and very attractive. The band is great with the two tone as it can be worn with either other gold or silver jewelry. I also like that it is a solar watch. No need to worry about a battery.I found the band to be more than ample in length, actually had to bring it to a jewelry store to have some links removed.I definitely would recommend this watch.
on August 23, 2014
I bought this for my wife for her birthday a few months ago. She's been wearing it daily ever since and loves it. It looks great and and has performed well, keeping accurate time (as compared against my "atomic watch").

She works in an office without windows so I was concerned about whether it would stay charged. But that concern was unfounded.

In summary, the watch is elegant, stays charged and keeps accurate time.
on January 4, 2015
I bought this watch for my wife 8 months ago. Everything was fine except that the pin that the clasp hooked on was broken last month. I had to go to the repair shop to fix it. The repair man managed to put in a pin (non OEM part) and it is holding up now. I did not want the hassle of finding an authorized repair shop or shipping back to Seiko. I was disappointed that a mature part like the clasp pin is so fragile.

See 1 answered question