5.0 out of 5 stars This really does the job!
This mask is great. It's thin and feels like foam. But it's comfortable to wear and really stays velcroed on your face while riding.
The mouth holes are cool because you can breathe great without sucking lots of cold air and no bugs!
Looks funky too. You should see the looks I get.
One thing though..
They list the sizes with no chart system to tell...
Published on December 13, 2010 by Swinkle

3.0 out of 5 stars Size L is too small
Granted I have an large head but it's not abnormally large (23 3/4 inches above the ears). This mask is way to tight. It flattens my nose and lips and is very uncomfortable. So I had to track down some double sided velcro strap that was not really cheap to make an extension. That works ok but I wish they made a size XL.
Published on February 5, 2011 by doubleganger

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This really does the job!, December 13, 2010
Looks funky too. You should see the looks I get.
One thing though..
They list the sizes with no chart system to tell what size you really need. I called and the service agent at Amazon was kind and professional but also did not know.
I took a chance and ordered medium. My head is 22" and I wear a medium helmut.
It seems fine but if you are a man, take a large.

I really recommend this!

3.0 out of 5 stars Size L is too small, February 5, 2011
This review is from: Seirus Innovation Original Masque (Apparel)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good winter mask, January 2, 2014
The mask is all neoprene. It is a little tight around the face as I have a bigger head....seems like a one size fits all. It really keeps the face warm even in -20 windchill. Besides begin a little tight for me, the vapor holes by the mouth are not big enough. It builds up the moisture on the inside.

I would recommend buying this mask.

4.0 out of 5 stars Has Been Working Great for about 25 Years!, November 19, 2013
Eric E. Haas (Holland, MI USA) - See all my reviews
I've been using this product for about twenty-five years. It remains an important part of my "go-to" kit for dealing with extreme cold weather. Here's what I like about it:

- Adjustable with velcro at the back
- Covers Nose
- Air holes for mouth (though I wish there were more/bigger airholes)

I also used to have the larger version of it, whose modern successor is called the Neofleece Innovation Extreme Masque. I LOVED that larger one too. The Innovation Extreme differs from this one in that it covers the lower part of the ears (this one does not) and it covers part of the back of the neck (this one basically does not). Sadly, I lost the larger one many years ago. Am thinking of getting another of the larger one to supplement the standard (smaller) Original Masque.

I'm currently using this for winter camping (last night it was 27 degrees and my face was fine with the Masque).

Note that an updated version of this product is now known as the Neofleece Innovation Comfort Masque. It looks like it is different in that it claims a more evolved multi-layer material (this one is basically just plain-old neoprene (i.e., wet-suit material). I haven't tried this new Neofleece stuff, so I can't comment on whether it is superior to the old stuff in this product. But this product (which I've been using for so long) is the old one.

The only reason I gave it four and not five stars is that it has never fit as well as I'd like. Perhaps it was just too large a size and the next size down would have been perfect -- don't know.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wet, January 21, 2014
This is a great idea. It fits well, and I can breathe easily through nose and mouth. But moisture gathers quickly inside. This limits how long it helps outside. As for glasses: one wrong move, and they're fogged. Are there other versions that wick moisture away?

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Warm--But Held Together By Velcro, December 27, 2010
Columbo in PQ (Penn Quarter, DC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Seirus Innovation Original Masque (Apparel)
I bought one mask for my wife and one for myself and they are very warm and fairly comfortable on our winter runs. But I wrongly assumed you put it on by pulling it over your head; instead this is a mask which clasps together at the back of your head via (very strong) velcro. The mask does it's job and keeps my face warm (hence the 5 stars) but I personally would have purchased a pull over mask and not this one, had I known.

5.0 out of 5 stars My kid loves it, May 29, 2014
tmdk (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
My son loves it. It keeps him cozy warm when there's a wind chill. Good thickness. Easily washable. Thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, April 20, 2014
I walk everyday. In the Winter, it gets very cold where I live and my face feels like it is freezing. This mask keeps your face warm and toasty. It also allows you to wear your glasses without getting them all fogged up when you breathe,

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well., April 14, 2014
Would have liked the nose portion to cover the bottom of nose, with holes to breath through, rather than it being totally open.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, March 19, 2014
Dave in Connecticut (Oxford, CT United States) - See all my reviews
I'm quite pleased with the "Masque". It's easy to put on and stays in place. Just for reference, I'm a six-foot tall male with an average build and take a size Large. I use it to survive using my snow blower after risking frostbite on my face and it does a good job at that. I expect it to perform well when you're engaged in more exciting pursuits.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›