5.0 out of 5 stars Bought These In the Army - Best Gloves For Me
Published on February 3, 2012 by Guy Incognito

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as Good as They Say
These gloves are NOT as warm as advertised. I ski a lot and wanted something light for warmer days. They fit well and look great but are thin. I only wear them if it's over about 40 degrees. They work well for ACTIVE sports but not really cold days.
Published on January 18, 2008 by D. Levine

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought These In the Army - Best Gloves For Me, February 3, 2012
This review is from: Seirus Men's Xtreme All Weather Glove (Sports Apparel)
A few years ago I was stationed in Germany with the US Army. Germany gets pretty darn cold, particularly when you are running in shorts in the morning or out doing field exercises for weeks on end. So, of course, I'd tried several different types of gloves and these are by far the best in my opinion. Once I got out of the Army, I wanted another pair and bought these from Amazon.

First, to those of you complaining that these are not warm enough for you, of course they are not going to be as ward as your fuzzy mittens with snowflakes on them. Nor will they be as warm as your ski gloves with ten inches of padding on them. However, they come pretty close.

I needed a glove that would allow me to actually still use my hands. It needed to be thick, allow for a range of motion, waterproof, and rugged. In order to get the most out of these gloves you need to buy the right size - not so small that you cut off circulation to your hands but pretty tight. That will help a lot with the coldness issues. The elastic portion at the bottom of the glove should be inside the sleeves of your coat and keeps snow, etc. from bothering you.

I can say I've had these gloves immersed in water/slush before and they do get wet but it takes a while. I've been in sub-zero temperatures with these (and have run in sub-zero temperatures) and have been comfortable. I've stood around in 20+ degrees and been pretty uncomfortable all over but you really can't blame the gloves here - when you get cold your body pulls blood from your extremities to keep your core warm. If your body starts getting cold your hands will get cold regardless.

For me these and a hat are great for running - my hands stay warm and avoid windburn but do not sweat terribly. The gloves look sleek and are very durable - I've had pairs for over a year of rough Army work before I finally managed to work a hole into them. They have a pad that adds grip which for me is a huge plus.

So, if you are looking for a flexible, durable glove that keeps you warm while still letting you use your hands, in my opinion these are the best.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as Good as They Say, January 18, 2008

4.0 out of 5 stars Good gloves, but ignore the "XTREME" label., December 1, 2014
Okay, first off, ignore the grating "X-TREME" label. If it's -10F, get yourself some heavy duty ski gloves or mitts, and forget about dexterity. Need real waterproofing? Get some neoprene gloves and put up with sweaty hands. These gloves will not compete in those categories. In fact, you can find gloves that beat these gloves in just about any category.

So why four stars? What these gloves do right is provide just the right balance between warmth, dryness, breathability, and dexterity. They are a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none product. That means that there will be compromises, but I think the end result is very good.

For me, when I'm working outside, the worst conditions aren't when the temperature drops well below freezing, or when there's lots of snow, but when it's cold, but not freezing, and wet, but not snowing (rain, sleet, freezing rain, or partly melting snow). I'll take 10 degrees and snow over 38 degrees and rain any time! It is in this environment--damp with temperatures in the upper 30s--that the Seirus gloves come into their own. They provide excellent protection from the wind, just enough insulation to ward off the cold, solid water resistance to handle working with wet tools, and still provide a level of dexterity above most other gloves.

It's a shame these gloves are marketed the way they are. People come in and are expecting gloves not much thicker than driving gloves to provide all the warmth of a ski glove. That may explain the poor ratings. Sorry folks, with all the advances in technology today, you still aren't going to find a glove that's both super-warm and super-thin. And *no* gloves, in my experience, are 100% waterproof AND breathable, especially since every glove has a big, gaping hole in them (that would be where you put your hand) which will allow water in, eventually. All that said, I have yet to find any other gloves that are this thin and dexterous, while also providing the same level of protection from the cold and rain/snow.

So again, if you ignore the marketing hype, and often encounter the same conditions I do, definitely give these gloves a try. I've found them to be very good.

1.0 out of 5 stars Trash, December 14, 2010
Doesnt keep your hands warm in under 40 degree weather and the lining in one of the gloves keep coming out when I take my hand out and its not easy getting the fingers back in. Dont waste your money. I'm sorry I did.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good, November 4, 2009
These gloves are not warm at all. I work in the cold and these gloves make my hands colder than any other gloves that I have ever had before. These large sized gloves fit like they are a small or medium. These gloves has been one of the worst investments that I have made in my life over $50 dollars wasted. I ended up just giving these away so that I would not have to deal with them. I will just chalk this up as a loss.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT waterproof, January 10, 2014
I bought these gloves to use on my fishing trips. I used them for the first time this week. They were soaked just from grabbing a wet rope. I had to take them off and use my $10 gloves to keep my hands warm. They are definitely not worth the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Total Waste!, March 4, 2013
Almost completely worthless. I read other negative reviews before buying but opted to ignore them and try for myself. I thought people were just being soft or expecting too much from a glove, nope. They are about as good as a soggy pair of cotton gloves.

They may look cool and are comfortable with decent Dexterity, but they are NOT WARM. I honestly cant tell if they are windproof or not and it really doesn't matter, your hands will not be warm regardless. They do NOT warm up after having them on your hands for a while either. My guess is the "moisture wicking technology" wicks heat away which keeps hands cold. I'm not sure if the Original All Weather Gloves are any better, (they have a polartec lining) but i'd be cautious to try since these are so bad.

I submerged them cold water for 2 minutes to test their waterproof claim. Although my hands did stay dry, they appear to soak up some liquid and again my hands did not stay warm. The cuff does not appear to be waterproof, some water leaked in at the seam.

I would highly suggest looking at a different brand all together. A pair of thin wool gloves for the same price would have been a better investment. I really wish I could post a positive review but I can't. Please don't waste your money!
Hope this is helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent every day gloves that work fabulously for fair weather skiing, January 9, 2011
I received these gloves as a gift over the holidays this year. Being a Chicago native and an active skier, I know the importance of good, dexterous, warm gloves that are versatile enough to wear to the store and to the mountains. These gloves do exactly that.

For the brisk 15-20 degree days in a wintry Chicago January, these gloves are thin enough to be stuck in a jacket pocket and pulled out on a moment's notice as soon as you walk outside. After several days of urban protection, I headed for a ski day at Vermont's Mount Snow, where on a clear 20-25 degree day, these gloves held up extremely well. Although not as warm on the lift as my Gore-Tex insulated Saloman gloves, their water- and wind-proofing kept my hands warm and dry when hitting the slopes.

I'd definitely recommend these gloves.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, January 28, 2012
I don't like the bulky gloves required for skiing, so I bought these hoping I could use them for all but the coldest days. I just returned from Utah and they performed as hoped. Only on the coldest morning (20 degrees) did I have to use the bigger gloves. From 25 degrees and above, these were the only gloves I wore. Hands remained dry, even in heavy snow conditions. I don't know if they would be warm enough just standing around, but during physical activity they worked great.

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't handle 30 degrees F, December 6, 2011
This review is from: Seirus Men's Xtreme All Weather Glove (Sports Apparel)
THis is a sad excuse for a glove. I currently live in Michigan, today it was 30 degrees F in the day time. I put on my gloves, w/n 10 minutes my hands felt like popsicles. And yes I did put my gloves on as soon as I got outside. My hands should not get cold in these gloves, based on the price, brand and "supposed" quality. I would expect this out of 99 cents gloves but not the "great" seirus...

I am very disappointed to say the least.

Seirus Men's Xtreme All Weather Glove