Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon David Ramirez $5 Off Fire TV Stick Labor Day Sale in Wine Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Now Deal of the Day

on March 21, 2012
I bought this solar charger off Amazon specifically for my Epad Transformer. The Transformer charger overheats, and has a thermal kill switch. You can leave it in a zip loc bag in the freezer and it will reset, but thats a hassle. It also costs around $59 to replace. I opted to go with this charger, as I like to camp and be on the go. I am also a prepper, so I like to have the solar option.

The package came on time in a nice box. All the attachments were present. There is a power cord. It comes in two pieces. One has the typical AC/DC box that connects to the unit, like you would expect with a laptop, with a seperate cord that connects to the box and plugs into the wall. I bought this unit with solar in mind, so I don't intend to lug the AC cable around, but I was expecting something a little less bulky. No big deal.

There are two seperate charging cords for each set of attachments. The power connectors have two posts and the phone connectors have one post. It would have been nice to have them both be the same type so you only have to use one cord. Once again, a bit bulky to be truly mobile, but I'm not complaining.

The actual charger has a voltage selector on the side. The impact of this is that you can only charge one device at a time. I can't charge my Transformer at 18V and my iPhone at 5v at the same time. I was secretly hoping there would be a way, but I dont think so. Maybe you could set the charger to 5v, plug in an iPhone, and trickle charge the Transformer with the 19V output at the same time.

Performance. The charger came fully charged out of the box. Perfect. I set the charger to 18V and plugged in the Transformer. Voila! It worked like a charm! The charging light on the Epad came on, and the charging indicator as well. It charged FAST!The unit did not get hot at all. One time I put a hole in my bed sheet when I left my Epad charger laying on it because it got so hot. FIRE HAZARD! This will be my new charger every night. After I finished charging my laptop I plugged in the iPhone and it worked great.

The LED light is ok. Nothing special. The power button slides to "light", "off", or "Charge. It's on the other end from the light. So this unit will not be much of a flashlight. Not sure if it charges with the light in use, but once again, I bought it for the charger, not the flashlight. The light will work well enough to hook everything up in the dark, which is the whole point in my mind.

I will take it camping and update my review. Disclaimer: I did get a sheet of paper laying loose in the box that stated this charger will only charge your phone to 50%....yada yada. It charged my laptop to full on solar and the 100% light never went off. 12000mAh is awesome. I would recommend this product to anyone, and especially anyone with an ASUS Epad Transformer.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
this thing randomly started blowing up like a balloon without even charging. the light that turns green when the solar charger is being used is just a photosensor triggering it.. you can shine a normal light and it thinks its charging using the sun haha. however it did work for a little bit for my laptop.. this may be 12000mah but it turns to 1000mah- maybe.. after a few months. the customer service was not bad for sending me out the correct tips and doing it promptly.. but this unit sucks.. maybe its just mine.. maybe if the seller reads this they may offer to switch out for a new unit? .. until then this stays 2 stars for kinda working for a short while and the guy i talked to was nice.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 31, 2013
I have purchased this unit for Green Energy purposes and for Emergency situations. I must say that after rigorous testing on my end the product performed well. Its dependability is just as described in the details for the item. I also give the highest accolades to the customer service who has been patient in trying to get the Unit shipped to me in the Western Pacific. Where I live....you might as well be on the moon.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 15, 2013
I was quite disappointing after using this product, the charge indicator is completely inaccurate and there is no way this thing stores 12000mAh, also I put the charger in the sun for three days straight and it hasn't charged past 25%, and like the other person who reviewed this product, there were scratches on the front.

However, after contacting the seller and returning the charger they swiftly refunded the full cost; great customer service was provided and the time to reply taken to reply to my emails was surprisingly fast.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 20, 2012
The battery and solar panel works, but there are cosmetic defects on the covering of the solar panel.
The covering has a great deal of bubble-like marks and a few heavy scratches. While it works, why would any company send a visibly marred product, claiming it to be brand new and passing QC tests, to a customer at full cost?

I bought this directly from the supplier, so keep this in mind.

Also there is no supplied Asus adapter, but rather you use your own USB cable and the female USB adapter plug.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: It's been ~5 days since I put in a request for a refund. I received only one reply the day after, which asked if the package was sealed in plastic upon arrival (with horrible grammar consistent with chinese sellers), to which I replied in the affirmative within the hour. Nothing else since then.
So the rating goes down to one star because of the lack of prompt customer support. I may fix this if things soon change, but foreign dealers like this are often VERY difficult to work with.

I will post an update once I receive a return number.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...