Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Size: Pack of 1Change
Price:$8.49+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on March 19, 2012
I realize we're only talking nail clippers here but once you use these bad boys you'll never go back to "regular" clippers again. Not only are they sharp and easy to use but I simply love the nail clippings catcher. Also, I've never understood why they bother adding files to metal clippers....I've never liked steel files; they just don't work. I usually need to dig up a wooden file if any shaping or smoothing is needed. The file on this clipper is different. I tried it out and found it to function well ( at least for my minimal needs ) so I didn't have to hunt one up. When I'm done, I leave this pretty thing out on display in my bath...it looks that nice. I highly recommend this brand and style of nail clipper. They're expensive, true enough, but they're also likely to be the last pair you'll have to buy (unless folks start stealing them from the bathroom).
0Comment47 of 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon May 4, 2011
I don't want to overanalyze something that just clips nails. But what this thing does, it does well. It's built strongly, its easy to hold, it makes precise and accurate cuts, and it catches clippings without flinging them all ofer the floor of the room you're in. It feels like a completely different instrument than the disposable drugstore models I've been using for decades. Of course this is expensive for what it does, but in the big picture I think this is a fairly small splurge that you won't regret making.
0Comment32 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 26, 2012
I definitely had my reservations about spending so much on a NAIL CLIPPER, but now I understand what all the hype is about. This nail clipper rocks. I bought it primarily to use on my kids' nails, and it works perfectly for that. I have been through a variety of "baby" and "safety" nail clippers that just did NOT work (cheaply made, misaligned, dull). THESE clippers are clearly well-made. They are as sharp as they need to be, precise, and clean-cutting! Now I actually look forward to trimming my kids' nails. ;)
on November 15, 2013
Perhaps I got a defective clipper/catch, but this product is terrible. The clippers work fine, when separated from the catch. But when attached, it is very difficult to get your nail where it needs to be to get clipped. Also, NO nails were trapped in the catch, which was disappointing because the catch was the entire reason I bought this product (trying to hold a toddler still to cut her nails and worry about the nail clippings is nearly impossible). I kept trying it, thinking that I must've been missing something, but it still didn't catch any nail clippings.
11 comment10 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 11, 2014
Ninjas don't even mess with my pretty hands because they know I cut my nails with clippers handcrafted by the decedents of Samurai from Seki, Japan. And that makes me intimidating.

To be honest, I haven't seen a single ninja since I bought these. Coincidence? I don't believe in coincidences.

Also, no one has ever seen a ninja because if you saw a ninja (not that you would -- they're too stealthy), it would be the last thing you saw. Ninjas a totally cool and flip out all the time and are basically invincible. But if you own these clippers, only then will you have REAL ultimate power.
0Comment11 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 29, 2012
While this is a pretty good nail clipper, it's no better than a much less expensive Revlon. Revlons tend to vary in qualiy; at least one I bought recently was incorrectly ground and did not cut well. Frustrated, I expected more from the Seki Edge. While it cuts very well, the attached plastic clippings receptacle doesn't do a particularly good job. Worse, it obscures the user's view of the clipper's blades when trying to position the tool on your nail. I removed the receptacle -- it just pulls off -- and that problem disappeared. The nail file attached to the receptace is quite good, much better than the Revlon file.
My recommendation: get the Revlon for less than half this price of the Seki. If it isn't made right, return it or recycle it and try another. Most work just fine. Skip the off-brands as they are difinitely inferior to the Revlon or the Seki.
44 comments17 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 2, 2013
I keep my nails short and neat. Unfortunately, clipping them is near torture because they are wide, somewhat flat and naturally strong, making it hard to get a clean cut. Although this clipper still isn't wide enough to clip my nails with one cut (which probably isn't a good idea anyway since my nail beds are also short), I can easily and quickly make two to three cuts from corner to corner on each nail without worrying about the results.

Cheaper clippers are very hit and miss in terms of sharpness and usually have a sweet spot that clips just fine while the rest of the blade ends up bending, tearing or partially piercing the nail. (Eek!) When I use these Seki clippers, I never feel like they are bending the nail before cutting through. I never have to re-clip a section of nail, and the clipped nails edges are never ragged.

I haven't used the file--the only thing worse than clipping my nails would be the sensation and sound of filing them--so I can't comment on that. The clipping catcher isn't particularly useful unless you're clipping at the right angle so everything falls inside, and I actually find that it compresses the clipper a bit to the point that the lever jiggles and feels loose when you flip it around for use. This does not affect the performance of the clipper however. (Sliding the clipping catcher off does take care of the jiggly lever though.) The lever is still easy to press, has the right amount of resistance and makes a satisfying click when clipping the nail.

I'm glad I splurged a bit and opted for these over another pair of $3 drugstore clippers.
on June 4, 2013
I just cut my nails, forgot my nail file, but the file at the bottom of the case actually worked pretty well. I say this cause the Seki Edge Nail Clipper will cut your nails easily, but leaves it quite sharp or rough. Basically they need to be filed. I see no problem with this, but in case you need to cut, but don't have a nail file with you the one on the bottom of the holder will suffice.

NOW, about the clipper itself, its a good size, and is easy to use. It will cut a huge thick toe nail with ease and I like the thumb indent on the tip of the lever, makes it more ergonomic and easy to squeeze. Sometimes I feel like its a bit flimsy where the top lever is attached, but I think its because I don't feel any tension or tightness when I fold it into clipping mode.

Great buy, easy to use and will cut a thick nail quick...no need to clip twice to cut through that huge toe nail.
on August 21, 2014
My finger nail clippers usually come from the store as the $0.99 special or are lifted from a family member / room mate. To say the least I've never been "wow'd" by a finger nail clipper. They all seem to dull too quickly and end up ripping instead of cutting the nail. Another thing I noticed when using the cheaper nail clippers is that the resulting cut is much rougher. Usually I would wash my hands and not notice it but with these cutters the cut was clean and smooth. Fresh out of the packagethe Seki Edge Delux Fingernail clipper with nail catcher is great. for 8 bucks, i'm expecting 8 years out of this bad boy/girl. w/e.
Thanks!
on May 3, 2013
I had tried three different clippers to replace my 15 year old, worn out Revlon clippers. All of them, including the new Revlons, were junk. So I took a chance on these. They are well made - the cutting edge is very sharp and fits together perfectly. The handle is cast or forged, not stamped, and they feel very solid. The plastic clippings box comes off. The box seems like a good idea, but I find that it gets in the way so I leave it off. But the box has a nice nail file on the bottom. I would prefer the nail file had been on the clippers. These cut perfectly, and I expect they will last a *long* time.