Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 31, 2010
This clipper is fairly narrow -- about the width of my pinkie -- but comfortably long. It has a high quality sander built into the handle. The metal and cutting edge are excellent quality. The conturing of the handle and bottom feel nice in my hand.

I purchased a Seki clipper in the Kyoto airport (uder the "Green Bell" brand name) to use up my remaining Yen. That clipper was so amazingly high quality, that I searched for another available here in the US. The narrow width of this clipper surprised me, however it works just as well as a wider clipper for all of my nails except my big toes.

I highly recommend this nail clipper.
on December 28, 2011
I never put much thought into high quality nail clippers, that is until you ask to use your husbands that he carries in his pocket and they're dull & partially broken. How can you use those? So I surprised him with these because he clips his nails outside to avoid the clippings getting everywhere. The clippings catch is a great feature and he told me last night these were super sharp, he wasn't used to it at all from his last pair. So beware and be careful if you're coming from using an everyday drugstore pair of clippers to these.
on May 23, 2012
I am not one to usually write reviews however I do read and rely on them. Since I read and rely on fellow customers reviews for my own purchase decisions and I found this to be the best product in this category I feel compelled to write a review. I recently found a super high tech mens nail clipper in a mens online gadget review called "Klhip". It looked cool got good reviews in this online magazine and was fairly expensive enough for a nail clipper that I thought it had to be the best thing ever. For the record I as replacing a nail clipper I had loved that just recent snapped in the handle after about 7 years or so of use. Anyway the special nail clipper i bought was $50 usb plus shipping, i know a little crazy. Bottom line I never use it after trying it twice, it was too sharp and too flat and too difficult to get a nice cut. It left my nails cut way too close no matter what I did. After reading the reviews I just bought and received the Seki Edge Ss-109 satin slim clipper and used it today and it is by far the best nail clipper i have ever used. I know it sounds weird to get so excited about a nail clipper but after finding a product that is built so well, works so well, will last forever and all at a truly great price (value) I felt compelled to write this review for other Amazon customers to benefit off of. It's definitely worth the relatively small price for such a great product!
on September 26, 2012
These clippers are amazing. Im not a clipper connoisseur but I can safely guarantee that these will be one of the best sets you have ever owned. I was looking into getting new clippers and discovered Seki Edge. The reviews on Amazon are great. Most people had reviewed a different model though. I saw that this 109 model was a newer updated design with a major complaint addressed: built in nail file. They said it was slimmer and easier to hold but still cut sharp and clean. This is absolutely true.

The clippers are extremely well crafted and built. It screams quality workmanship. They are incredibly sharp and the nail catch feature seems to work well. The nail file is beautifully inlaid into the handle.

The only issue is, as the name implies, THESE ARE SLIM. If you have large fingers, you may be unhappy that the blades aren't larger. Also the jaws are relatively narrow as well. If you have thick nails (toenails, large thumbs, etc.), they may not fit in, though I have yet to have a problem.

This is gonna be such a great small gift to give all the men in my family on Christmas. Set of amazing clippers and a small cologne. Perfect manly gift. That's not to say these aren't for ladies as well though...
on September 30, 2012
I am now a Seki Edge believer! I wasn't really sure if I understood the hype for the nail clipper. It is afterall just a tool to cut off your hang nails..... You can get much, much cheaper ones from your local drugstore or even from Amazon. The others don't cost $20. The others ALSO all do not have 5 stars for their review. This is literally the highest rated nail clipper on Amazon, at the time of writing this review. I believe that it has earned everyone of it's stars!

When I took it out of the box, it was really tiny. It was about the size of my palm and I wear extra small gloves. Despite being dainty, it was pretty heavy for it's size. I could tell right away from holding it that it was made out of heavy steel. It was not steel plated. This thing was real. Also, I was surprised at how easily the lever swung around. The nail file part was smooth and had a nice texture. I really liked the FEEL of this nail clipper.

The real magic happened when I went to cut my nail. It snipped right off. I didn't even have the chance to blink. I had to check my finger to make sure my nail actually was clipped. I didn't feel a thing. It happened so quickly, seemlessly, and easily. The razor's edge was swift. There was no fuss. It was done efficiently, effectively, and almost silently.

In short, I LOVE THIS NAIL CLIPPER. I will never go back. I highly recommend this. I join the legions of others who also have given this a 5 star review. Also, I am in no way affiliated with the company. You can check my reviews. I have like hundreds for other products. LOL. This is the best nail clipper!
on April 19, 2012
I am so pleased with this nail clipper that I am buying another to put next to my bed. I had recently purchased a new cheapy one less than a month or two ago, and it was already broken. One night when I was using it the silly thing completely fell apart and the pin actually flew somewhere in the bedroom...never to be seen again. I had also been having difficulty using a fingernail clipper because of more arthritis in my fingers. I love this one. It doesn't hurt my hands at all to use and does such a great job that I have no interest in ever purchasing any other kind. Thanks Amazon! It's a winner!
on February 17, 2013
This is a quality product that I initially ordered, however, it is more for women than for men as the "slim" version is made for a woman's smaller nail. This was not readily evident in the descriptions I read. I ended up giving this one to my daughter and ordering the SS-106 and the SS-107 for myself. All is now well in the kingdom! Great product.
on February 26, 2013
This clipper was not what I had hoped for. The edge is quite narrow so I must make five or so cuts on each nail. Making so many cuts, it's hard to end up with a nice, smooth nail edge. The gap between the cutting edges is also small, making it hard for me to properly position the clipper for a cut. Also, for some reason, it's mildly painful to clip a nail using this clipper. That's probably somehow related to anatomy and so I suppose others may not experience pain, since I don't see it mentioned in other reviews. The clipper seems well made and likely to prove durable. And it's really sharp and cuts cleanly. However, in my use, most cuttings miss the catcher. Again, that may somehow relate to anatomy, though I wasn't aware that my fingers or nails were special in any way.

All I really wanted was a clipper as good as the old La Cross clipper I used to have. Clippers purchased at retail pharmacies have been of low quality. Some mash the nail more than clip it. Etc. I'm going to order a $0.99 La Cross clipper that seems to resemble the clipper I used to have and hope for the best.
on October 2, 2012
This is the first finger nail clipper I have used, that cut my nails with a perfect edge. Usually I have to turn the nail clipper upside-down to get a nice looking and smooth edge on the nails. This one does the job and I get rid of most of the white edge of the nails, without getting too close to my nail roots. I have a good grip on it and I don't have to sweat to cut harder nails. I am in total charge. You will see and feel the great quality on this Seki Edge nail clipper as soon as you open the package. It stands out on its own.

Not that this finger nail clipper would not do the job on my toes, but I also bought Seki Edge toe nail clipper. That one has the same great quality, but is larger in size and more suitable for toe nails. It covers a larger area and you save time :-)
on January 2, 2013
First, let me clear up a few misconceptions from the product page. This toy is not a small ball, despite what Amazon may think. It's really more of a sharp, nail clipping toy. And I appreciate Amazon warning me that children may choke on broken balloons, this product contains no balloons (alas!), neither broken nor unbroken. Finally, while Amazon lists the ingredients as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E, it's really mostly stainless steel and a bit of plastic for the label. But on to my real observations... This clipper is great! Everything about it feels precise and solid. When you flip it into clipping position, it just snaps into place without the fidgeting and wobbling I know from cheaper clippers. I used to think it was worthwhile to spring for the slightly pricier Revlons over the no-namers. Maybe it was, but neither of those can compare to the Seki. Clipping with this is easy, and results in very clean cuts. After having experienced clipping with the Seki (which feels like cutting), previous clippers I've used feel more like mashing, and the effort to make a cut is very noticeable. With other clippers, I've occasionally not been able to make a cut, and had to sort of reposition my hand or switch hands or whatever just to get a bit more oomph into it. I don't see that being a problem with the Seki. There's a little sliding bit on the bottom of the Seki, this is supposed to catch your nails? Highly unlikely, and if that little bit breaks off I won't be sad for it. There's also a file, and I guess it could be handy in a pinch. It doesn't feel particularly coarse, and it's a small and almost recessed patch on the handle, rather difficult to use. You won't need to do that much filing with a clipper this good, but I still like to round off the edges a bit, and for that I prefer a glass file. A clipper this costly in a sea of cheapies really has to be good to be justifiable. And even though its bonus features are a bit tacked-on and useless (and even though it doesn't come with balloons), this thing is absolutely justifiable.