Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: Pack of 1|Change

on May 3, 2013
I had been having problems with nail clippers, never finding the right ones that would do a good job clipping my nails cleanly and evenly, not leaving spurs, could clip fingernails and toenails, could handle the corners on ingrown nails or problem areas, could handle small clean-up spots without making matters worse, and so forth. I also had trouble finding clippers that would work in my hands with some very bad nerve tremors. I had bought individual clippers, sets of grooming tools, specialty clippers and items, and all sorts of things, all to no avail. I took a chance when I saw these Seki Edge clippers, and I could tell immediately I did not go wrong. First, they are very sharp, high-quality clippers - and sharpness makes a huge difference! They are aligned well, which eliminates the spurs and uneven spots. The basic fingernail and toenail clippers have specially formed ends and holding grooves on both the top and bottom ends to make them much easier to hold when your arm is extended, even with hand tremors.

I can't imagine using anything else now. I let my wife try them out, and she loved them. I watched over her as she used them, took them back from her immediately, hid them from her, and am buying a set of them for her for her birthday at the end of this month. All the clippers purchased are excellent products I would highly recommend to anyone who wants great clippers at a reasonable price.
on October 3, 2012
I've never spent this much money for a fingernail clipper before but when I lost my little cheap one and couldn't find a replacement, I decided to buy one online. This is the greatest find for me because it is extremely sharp. In addition, since the clipper has a straight edge instead of a curved one, you can sculpt your nail anyway you'd like.
on May 19, 2012
I have to cut my big toenail very straight to prevent in-grown nails and also because I love the look. These are perfect for getting a straight cut that is impossible with other clippers. They are very sharp and easy to use.
on October 24, 2013
Is it possible to get excited about a nail clipper? Yes, it's possible. I bought this specifically for the straight edge because I like to do my nails into a rounded square. With this clipper I can do just that. This cut so precisely it's like cutting into jello. Before, I always cut my nails after I shower so that they are easily to cut. You don't have to with this clipper because it does all the work for you. It's too bad I didn't discover this sooner.
on September 25, 2011
Finally found a fingernail clipper that works for me and does what it claims. It clips clean, is easy to handle, and I like the straight edge rather than curved or slanted. I've tried others, but this Seki fingernail clipper works best for me. Purchased through Amazon.
on October 11, 2011
I really like the straight edge on this clipper. I only wish it were just a little bit longer! A longer clipper would allow use on both finger and toe nails. Now I need to buy another one to use on my toes.
on February 21, 2014
Seki city is to Japan as Soligen is to Germany for knives. Seki has a long history of sword manufacturing such as the samurai sword. Ironically I make the analogy because I purchased a pair of toe clippers made by Wüsthof which she did like but was unhappy that unit had a curved blade. This unit has a straight blade which I'm told is superior for cutting toe nails. In addition she states the ease of use and cutting blade are better than the Wusthof's at 1/2 the price.
on April 17, 2013
As advertised, these clippers are very sharp.
I had been using clippers that came in a cheap set, and LOVED them, but lost them...
Everything I had tried over the past couple of months did a hack job on my fingernails.
Soooo.... off to Amazon to see what others thought were good clippers.
These got mixed reviews, but generally favorable, so I bit.

I like them, but due to the sharpness, and the narrower cutting width than I was used too, I have had to redo my clipping technique quite a bit. Smaller, more nuanced cutting is key here.
Minor cuticle/hang nails have disappeared, likely because I am not taking off so much nail at one time now, but rather performing light, accurate maintenance clips a couple of times a week, and again, the sharpness may be less traumatic to the cuticle area of the nail than the cheapos I was using prior.

Approach with caution if you aren't accustomed to very sharp clippers; take your time and pay attention to what you're doing, and these work like a charm.

Nice to hold & well made.
I'm not sure what he emery board like surface on the top of the clipping lever is intended for. It works in a pinch to smooth out any rough edges, but not really useful or ergonomic.

Happy so far!
on December 17, 2013
I've tried plenty, too. As I've aged, my nails have gotten thicker and harder, and I really hate that curved clippers are never really curved in such a manner to cut my nails properly. Besides, they kind of snap the nails off, causing the cuttings to fly across the room, endangering anybody entering the room. I have to wear goggles cutting my toenails to avoid shrapnel blindness. These cutters, aside from the endearing straight cutting edge, has absolutely the sharpest cutting jaws I've ever seen. They just cut smoothly through the nails without them flying around and there is no snapping as the nails fly off. I don't know how they work this, but this is exactly the way nails should be cut. A little pricey (not much, though), but worth every penny.
on January 10, 2014
I like them, but wish they were wider. You will need to navigate around your nail with a few clippings, so I would not have expectations of a single cut solution for your nails. So, they do end up slightly jagged as you round out the nail. Good quality, but the file is too recessed, and not so effective. Do like the small, portable size and form factor. They get 4 stars because they are sharp.

For men's toes, I'd try to find a wider model.