Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on March 20, 2013
First I was sent fingernail trimmers instead of toenail trimmers. So I got the return label, drove them to UPS, and was credited for the return. Then I re-ordered and was correctly sent the Toenail Clippers this time, but their opening is way too small -- only 1/16", half the size of the opening on a cheap drugstore toenail clipper I already have! Wouldn't recommend unless you have dainty toenails. See my customer image showing side by side comparison with cheap drugstore clippers.

Because the reason for return is "not Amazon's fault" they said they might charge about six bucks for return shipping, plus I'd have to make another trip to UPS, so I'm giving these away...but hopefully I'm saving you from having to do the same if you have thick nails.
review image
0Comment| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2008
The subject of clipping toenails is not really something that I expected to be writing about. However, we all have the need to clip our toenails from time to time, and performing this task is not usually something that we look forward to. Most of us pickup a cheap set of clippers from our local pharmacy. After all, one wouldn't normally consider spending much money for a tool to perform such a menial task. Therefore we come to accept the poor cutting quality of these budget clippers. Unfortunately, for those of us with very hard nails, these cheap clippers can cause splitting and tearing of the nail, and usually leaves a rather rough edge.

After using several of these low-end clippers over the years, most of which ended up breaking before I replaced them, I decided to look for something with better build quality. I figured someone has to make a quality set of clippers that will last me for years, and I hoped that their cutting ability would be better for clipping my thick, hard nails. After searching all over the Internet, and reading countless reviews for clippers that were claimed to give excellent results, I finally decided to give the highly acclaimed Seki Edge Toe Nail Clipper (model SE-02/SS-107) a try. It set me back as much as I would normally spend for roughly 4 sets of budget clippers. Still, I had faith that it would be money well spent.

Upon receiving the new clippers and removing them from their stylish packaging, I could immediately tell that these were no ordinary toenail clippers. They are moderately heavy and have a nice satin smooth finish. The handle is thicker than budget clippers, and the spring feel of the device is firm but smooth working. When using the Seki Edge clippers for the first time, I was a bit cautious because they are extremely sharp and have an entirely different feel when cutting. They don't make a sharp "SNAP" like the low-end clippers I am used to. They cut with an almost scissor like feel. The twice tempered blades slice through the thick nails effortlessly, and leave a smooth, uniform edge. The curve of the blades makes a nice, gentle curve to the end of the nail, which follows the shape of the end of the toe almost perfectly. Another thing that impressed me was the taper of the cutting blades. This allows a precise insertion of the bottom blade under the nail, and it doesn't tend to travel too far under the nail, which would cause the user to cut the nail too short. The top push handle (or whatever you call it) of the clipper sticks up a bit higher than what I was used to with previous devices, which took a little getting used to. However, this extra height allows more leverage for your thumb, which makes each cut smooth and requires very little strength.

I have been using these new clippers for the past month or so, and I can honestly say that the Seki Edge Toe Nail Clipper is an amazing, precision tool. The blades are extremely sharp and the tool cuts clean, without any cracking, splitting or tearing of the nails. The device is very easy and safe to use. If you are used to using cheap clippers then this quality tool may take a few days or weeks to get used to, just because it has a totally different feel and angle. But once you use them a few times you will never want to use anything else.

The Seki Edge SS-107 is made of twice tempered Japanese Stainless Steel, with a Diecast lever for extra strength. The manufacturer states that the cutting edge is hand-grinded and honed for precise cutting. The lever action is smooth and easy, and the overall design is quite ergonomic. The clipper assembly measures 3.5 x 0.8 x 0.6 inches, and weighs in at roughly 3 ounces. This and all other Seki Edge model clippers and scissors come with a lifetime warranty, which covers any defects in materials or workmanship. They will repair or replace any defective tool free of charge. They will also sharpen or repair any damaged tool for free, but you must send a check for $5.00 to cover the return shipping costs. I am quite impressed with how the manufacturer stands behind its product.

I couldn't be happier with my new Seki Edge Toenail clippers. They look, feel and perform like a top quality product. They don't come cheap, but for under $20 they are really not that costly. If you think of this as a onetime investment, they will certainly pay for themselves over time, as you would likely buy several cheap clippers over your lifetime anyway. After spoiling myself with the Seki Edge SS-107 clippers, I have since purchased a set of Seki Edge fingernail clippers, and also a Seki Edge Slant Edge In-Grown Nail Clipper. They are all great products, and I no longer find nail clipping to be such an unpleasant chore. I highly recommend this toenail clipper to everyone. I think you would be hard pressed to find a better clipper on the market today.
1212 comments| 384 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon November 6, 2007
A dirty little secret stains the neat homes that lurk behind the tree-lined streets and across the manicured lawns of suburbia: those little nail clippers you picked up at the Walgreens for $3.99 will never cut through a man's gnarled, oaken toe nails.

They'll make little cuts in it, they'll promise and fail to deliver, they'll even break apart in ashen resignation to the formidable power of the nail.

Those cheap little metal gizmos were made to sell on promise alone. You need a nail clipper that was not designed by the bean counters and the marketing wizards, but by the car guys ... I mean ... the toenail engineers.

That would be the Seki Edge.

It's not humungous. It's just made out of the kind of components and with the kind of leverage that can actually do the job on those ghastly chunks of horn that adorn our toes under the ironed dress socks and shined-up wing tips.

You don't need to tell anyone about this. In fact, you'd best not. Just buy the Seki already. The rest can remain a secret.
1313 comments| 300 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 1, 2007
This clipper is larger in size than other clippers I've used and so you can use it with very little effort, which was a surprise to me. Also blade is quite big which minimizes time spent on each nail. I really like it and I think it's worth the money.
There's also another Seki toe nail clipper for half the price that caught my attention just now, which may be better value: Seki Edge In-Grown Toenail Clipper
on May 24, 2009
If you are coming to this product because others won't trim your thick toe nails, go elsewhere. Very disappointed since I expected more after reading all the glowing reviews. Not close to getting on my big toe nail. And the curve of the blade is too much for toenails and will probably promote ingrown nails. I will get the pliers kind with a wider opening for the toenails.
55 comments| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 11, 2013
I got this clipper about a year ago and it was great. Unfortunately, it broke after a year of regular use - too bad.
on December 13, 2011
I just received my nail clipper and decided to give her a try. MY GOD it really is amazing. I know people say, whats the difference? its just a nail clipper? but this baby is like a surgical scalpel. it cuts effortlessly and makes clean cuttings. well worth the money. made in Japan, stainless steel. get it and clip away. thats what I did :)
on February 17, 2008
This pedicure implement is one serious tool! I bought the Seki Toe Nail Clipper for a male friend who had let his toe nails grow wild (you should see the holes in the toe area of his socks)because every time he attempted to trim them, the nail clipper he had would give out. I waited quite a while for this because it was back ordered. Let me tell you, it was well worth it. WOW!!!! With the least amount of effort this clipper cut the toughest, thickest toenails. Now my friend's feet look human again. He has tried MANY clippers and he cannot believe how well the Seki Edge clippers work. Forget those cheap drug store clippers, these Seki Edge Toe Nail clippers are worth every penny and then some. They are well made, extremely sharp and constructed from heavy duty stainless steel. You will get many years of good usage. If your toe nails seem impervious to trimming, you will find your prayers answered with the Seki Edge Toe Nail Clipper! Your socks will breathe a sigh of relief and thank you!
VINE VOICEon November 29, 2008
A mighty expensive toenail clipper--but after the pain of an ingrown toenail I listened to my podiatrist, who recommended getting a good one. Well-constructed,it clips crisply and neatly--clearly superior to the $3 clunkers at the drugstore. It clips fingernails equally well,no need to buy a separate one for that purpose.
on November 18, 2011
I bought this clipper because of the good reviews on amazon. I was very disappointed: It didn't work very well at all --you have to cut several times. In fact, its performance is much worse than any cheap (but new) clipper. The problem of seems to be that the two halves of blades are slightly misaligned. I probably got a bad one. But I think buyer should be aware of the risk.