5.0 out of 5 stars Positive Inspiration and the Wisdom of Self Realization!
Self Abidance is a book about Self-Realization.

It is amazing how much wisdom and positive inspiration is contained in such a small book!

These are some of my favorite quotes from Self Abidance:

Published on November 18, 2010 by Patricia Miller

1.0 out of 5 stars Am I reading the same book as the other reviewers?
I bought this book solely based on the glowing reviews shown here.

I have been reading it, off and on, for some time and am at a loss to understand what anyone truly interested in the path of I am would find truly useful.

Published 7 months ago by Harold Goodman

5.0 out of 5 stars Positive Inspiration and the Wisdom of Self Realization!, November 18, 2010
This review is from: Self Abidance, 2nd Abridged Edition (Paperback)
Self Abidance is a book about Self-Realization.

These are some of my favorite quotes from Self Abidance:

Truth is non-dual. It is the awareness of awareness, seeing the seer and knowing the knower, without the medium of the sense organs. It is the intuitive and direct perception of the Consciousness which is timeless existence and everlasting eternal joy.

Focus on the inner light - direct awareness - I Am. The door to Self-realization is wide open to you. Through the constant practice of abiding in the Self you become established in the Ultimate.

Meditate and drop all objects from this witnessing consciousness, focusing on consciousness directly.

Discover It to be Pure Peace and objectless Happiness, your own Self. Abide in That. You are That.

Ever continuing one's practice in this way, one begins to abide in what was here from the very beginning: unlimited awareness, non-dual consciousness, changeless Presence.

Remember again and again your true nature: Oneness, peace, happiness. Take note of a changeless Presence. At other times, mentally affirm I am Consciousness. Meditate. All this brings the energy-flow of the mind inward, homeward. It matters where your energy goes!

The quest of Who Am I is the beginning of real understanding.

The persistent win through. All are the I AM. The only obstructions are self-created mechanisms of the mind. What man has done, he can undo.

Continue divine practice to the end which is natural constant experience of the real nature in the Perfection of Being.

With great love and devotion concentrate on the feeling of I; how this I within you feels, exists and shines. You may find yourself laughing and laughing when you realize I have been trying to feel everything else, except I, the Real.

When you drop all this movement of the mind, retracting all into your own Self, then you shine as Consciousness Pure.

This is the process of enlightenment: to emphasize more and more the consciousness aspect rather than the objective appearance aspect.

Rejoice in the direct realization of consciousness as I AM.

It has begun. The great Awakening. You are in it. I am in it. It is in us. In it we live and move and have our Being. There is no place to go except on and on with Consciousness in Consciousness as Consciousness, Peace and Bliss.

As long as consciousness experiences itself as limited with a particular body and mind, it needs some method of interiorization, such as Yoga, to extricate itself from the world of appearances in order to realize the true nature of its own Self. Yoga practice prepares for the awakening to take place from the inner Self.

Only by this awakening or rebirth is the deeper realm of Being realized. Thus the consciousness drops all false associations and realizes its own innate nature which is Peace and Bliss. It now discerns directly the changeful realms of mind and matter as not-self, as mere variable objects lit up by Itself as the subject. Through continued discerning practice - Self-Analysis - consciousness becomes fully established in the Truth of its own Being and that is Self-Realization.

This means that no object or mental wave has any more power to mislead consciousness away from its true nature which is pure awareness, peace and innate happiness.

Real Life begins with Self-realization.

Even the love we are radiating out has its Source in the un-manifest. Search that!

This un-manifest part of you must no longer remain unknown and unrealized! For, that is our great imbalance; too much energy always going into too much diversification without our knowing the one Source, the Eternal Peace, the Infinite Blessedness as our own changeless Self-nature. Our real Self is eternally changeless and until we realize our changelessness in peace and bliss, suffering will continue!

You need meditation. Aim daily at the depth of the Unmanifest.

Recognize your hunger for the Unmanifest. By meditation, experience the Unmanifest directly.

Refuse to let energy run away from you, aligning itself against your Self-realization!

The energy which flows habitually away from the center must be made to come back into the Center which is Consciousness. Then Inner Presence is lit up by that same energy and you stand Self-revealed, at Peace.

I Am Pure Consciousness, Peace and Bliss.

Before the Absolute Self - which we all are - can be realized properly, there must be an introduction to that Self. It must be made clear in a most lucid and open way that there is but One Self - what that Self is and what it is not - and what are the methods for directly realizing its natural ever-presence.

If we bring our energy in 100% there is a total change of polarity. Whereas matter previously had the power to imprison our consciousness, now Consciousness pure and sublime has the absolute power to reveal its true nature of Infinite Peace and Bliss, Oneness and Perfection.

This is open to all. The ever-enlightened Self is here now! If any human being can envision Enlightenment as a possibility, that being is qualified for its experience.

Whatever thought comes, whatever sensation arises, I am already beyond it. I stand eternally beyond anything and everything that comes and goes.

Know that all divisions are the imagination of the mind; resolve not to be subjected to the mind. Insist that you must know and realize the Self permanently.

Pure Consciousness, the infinite ocean of Existence, Peace and Bliss is here now as your real Self and true Nature.

Now there is really nothing but this ocean of Love, and you are one with it. No dualism, no separation, no otherness - just this unconditioned love, peace and bliss. Do not settle for anything less. Resolve to be vigilant, to catch yourself again and again whenever you are out of this experience. This is your Home, your Reality. Let not the mind deceive you away from it. Let nothing interfere with it. If you find yourself in some other level of experience, return yourself to where you belong, namely, into Love, Oneness, Blessedness, changeless Identity.

The constant, continuous, flawless, perfect flow of Oneness, Wholeness, and Perfection. You and I belong into this.

Learning to identify with the pure Light of Consciousness, the Real `I' behind every movement of the mind, you step back from limitation and exclusiveness.

A sense of flowingness and spaciousness arises, for that life within is not bound by gravity or limited by form.

Now let Being shine.

Let there be total renunciation of anything other than That which is subjective Self-luminous Light, Existence and Knowingness. You are this!

Never absent current of pure awareness, serenity, and blessedness. This current is to be discovered.

By moving the focus of attention progressively inward to the very subtlest where there is no division whatever, no individual body, no individual mind and no separation - the Self is realized.

Talking about, and truly experiencing, are two different things.

It is in the very nature of that flow to bring wholeness and perfection to all who are open to it - making room for it by relaxation and giving time for it by meditation.

Only by first-hand experience can we let our light shine from the innermost Self, because only there prevails eternal unity and peace.

Pay attention to the silence; it is of consciousness, your own being-ness.

A shifting of the focus of attention from the object to the subject, from the gross to the subtle, from the outer to the inner, from matter to Spirit, from multiplicity to Oneness.

Go daily into deep meditation. Dive deep beneath the waves of the mind into the ocean of Being where Oneness, Peace, and perfect Harmony prevails. Gradually learn to abide there.

There must be a rest from all acting, talking, and thinking, so that That which is beyond, behind, and within all as the Foundation may be realized.

Investigate who is the witness of all these vibrations. Discover that this witness is consciousness, pure awareness unmixed with sensations, thoughts, feelings, concepts, or imaginations. It is even unmixed with the diversified flow of its own energy, being just pure awareness.

Recollect your focus into That and know: I AM. It is through the I-am that we enter in. I am is the door. By this I-am we enter into THAT I AM, the eternal ocean of beingness, knowingness, peace, and bliss.

Pure Consciousness, the I AM THAT I AM should be more real to us than all the realms of multiplicity.

Let us understand clearly that the Supreme Self is the only changeless Reality which is Eternal Existence, Consciousness, Peace and Bliss. It is an infinite ocean, Self-existent, Self-luminous, Self-satisfied. Wholeness and Perfection is Its own Nature. The constant and flawless flow of this pure awareness, peace and happiness is continuously going on right within.

The Self is One without a second, transcendental, infinite and eternal - and we must not leave it out of our experience!

Do Self-analysis: the practice of awareness of consciousness.

We are not to stop short of total At-One-Ment, Self-realization, the Ultimate Truth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing little book!, November 27, 2010
This review is from: Self Abidance, 2nd Abridged Edition (Paperback)
Self Abidance is one of the best books that I have ever read on the topic, and I have read a lot. This is another great addition to the small, but powerful collection of works by the same publisher, all of which are worth buying and incorporating into your life. This book is particularly direct, and a large part of its strength lies in its brevity. If you're like me, and you've read it all, and you were still left wondering what it's all about -- what the core teachings are -- then buy this book. If this is your first book on the topic, then this book would be a great start to your search, and it very well could be the end of it as well! It was like having all of the works of Ramana Maharshi and Nisargadatta Maharaj condensed into a very powerful 86 pages, containing everything that needed to be there, and nothing that didn't. It's a book that begs to be read slowly, pored over, reflected and meditated on, and allowed to penetrate to the depths of your Being.

5.0 out of 5 stars Succinct Perfection Spiced With Love, January 12, 2011
This review is from: Self Abidance, 2nd Abridged Edition (Paperback)
This book is truly extraordinary, especially in today's glutted marketplace of spiritual books.

Because of progress on the path in recent years, having retired from a thirty year psychotherapy career after a catastrophic initial awakening in 2006, and thanks in great part to Michael Langford' work, I had stopped reading spiritual books in lieu of practice itself. However, this book is my one exception as you will likely see if you give it to yourself. It only takes a short time to read it, yet its depth, intelligence, superb English, and genuine love are not only inspiring but actually show one how and why in plain language

This book is my marooned on a desert island for life book along with the two other gems from Michael Langford's Freedom Religion Press (The Most Direct Means To Eternal Bliss, and, The Seven Steps To Awakening) which brings the world's most potent spiritual awakening writings and methods to the modern reader. Langford is the real deal and so is Sri Margaret Coble and this book.

It is both practical and encouraging and the text is beautiful to the heart and the mind.

If you have ever wanted to easily grasp the essential non-dual teaching and the core practice of direct self inquiry from Advaita India, without the cultural baggage and intellectualizing, then you will love this jewel by Sri Margaret Coble.

Here is an email I recently received from a 75 year old friend whom I sent it to. This says it all.

Dear Thomas:

Self Abidance is an amazing book - just at the right time. I usually high light those very special words. No underlining on this one - every word, every phrase, every sentence is IT.

All IS love,

Joanie

4.0 out of 5 stars Uniquely ties in Yoga with Non-Duality., November 16, 2011
This review is from: Self Abidance, 2nd Abridged Edition (Paperback)
I found this book to be useful and unique. There is not much available by the author, though she seems to have been an enlightened yoga practitioner somewhere and at sometime. She details the steps and practices of Yoga (Hatha, and Patanjali's system) in very basic and practical terms (which is a bonus), and then ties these into non-dual awareness practice and Advaita (without specifically mentioning either of these).

It makes for a good meditation text, and can be read many times over. Definitely recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Am I reading the same book as the other reviewers?, June 5, 2014
Harold Goodman (Silver Spring, Maryland 20910) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Self Abidance, 2nd Abridged Edition (Paperback)
I bought this book solely based on the glowing reviews shown here.

The author is very fixated on yoga as a means to opening to I am consciousness. You should know this ahead of time. However, she no where even defines the details of this particular path. Instead she continually writes in the vaguest of terms about how valuable it is.

Indeed, the entire book is so vague that it does a disservice to the word vague.

Go back to Nisargadatta or Godman on Maharshi Ramana. Go to books that truly help orient us toward answering the question, Who/What am I?

This is not one of those books.

I would return it but it is too late to do that.

And it is far too thin to use as a door stopper.

3.0 out of 5 stars Abide in the Self, Abide as the Self !!!!!!, August 24, 2014
JL "CHIEF" (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Self Abidance, 2nd Abridged Edition (Paperback)
There is a good summary of this little book in its Introduction: "This book deals with Self-Analysis, the power, the deep meditation, the Divine Light, The Universal Love, the Bliss that pervades the souls of human beings, the height of inner perfection and the flood-gate of spirituality in practical action.". The main message I got is that "the universal goal for all is to experience Self-realization - the Oneness of all in Consciousness and supreme Love..." through the practice of Patanjali Yoga and purifying the body (being vegetarian) and mind. The author uses different synonyms like Truth Absolut, Ultimate Truth, Supreme Presence, Source, Supreme Consciousness, Eternal Existence, I AM, Supreme Being, etc. for what we in the West call "GOD". This self-realization can be achieved, according to the author, when we reach the final step on the ladder of Patanjali, Samadhi. There are some sections which are very repetitive to provide the message that we are not, as a whole, our senses, our mind, and our body but an extension of GOD or the Supreme Being.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Essentail!!, June 3, 2014
Pauline (Miami, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Self Abidance, 2nd Abridged Edition (Paperback)
What a beautiful book! I would say that in that small book I found a great synthesis; just the exact and inspiring words that help us understand what is basically needed in our spiritual search: concentrate first on what is Essential! : "Focussing in Consciousness directly" .

5.0 out of 5 stars keeps things on track, January 19, 2014
This review is from: Self Abidance, 2nd Abridged Edition (Paperback)
Aong with Michael Langford's "The Most Direct Means to Eternl Bliss", the writings of Michael James (and of course Ramana), a way that seems to have it happen

5.0 out of 5 stars A book 4 all lightworkers & starseeds, September 21, 2013
goodwill2all "goodwill2all" (Euclid, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Self Abidance, 2nd Abridged Edition (Paperback)
If your on the Path, then this is one of the books
you will at some time on your journey most likely
come across, maybe now ...

Self Abidance, 2nd Abridged Edition
Self Abidance, 2nd Abridged Edition by Sad Chid Anandam Brahman (Paperback - October 10, 2010)
$6.95