5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for building better self-esteem.
Published on April 7, 2000

2.0 out of 5 stars Affirmations are good; music is not :(
I love the idea of this, and if you're really in a pinch, I'm sure it can help. But if music is important to you at all, you will be disappointed by what you hear on this. For me, personally, it's so bad that it's distracting; it's like smelling something bad....unfortunately. So I can't listen to it.

The other reviewers are correct about Louise's voice and...
Published on February 5, 2006 by miaki

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for building better self-esteem., April 7, 2000
By A Customer
This subliminal affirmation tape is an excellent method for promoting self-esteem and confidence. One side of the tape is the sound of soft music accompanied by a calm woman's voice stating positive affirmations, such as "I feel good about my life & It is easy for me to stand up for myself". On the other side of the tape, there are hidden subliminal affirmations and soft music plays to promote relaxation. Just play it while your sleeping, when you wake up in the morning, you will notice a more positive mental outlook.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very effective, December 3, 2002
This review is from: Self-Esteem Affirmations (Audio CD)
The cassette version has Louise Hay explaining about self-esteem and subliminal technology on the A-side, followed by the music and audible affirmations. On the B-side, all you can hear is the music. Yes, the phrases do sound a bit childish, but that is exactly what the subconscious mind responds to - simple positive statements delivered in a warm and friendly voice. Since self-esteem or the lack thereof lies at the root of many psychological problems, this is a great place to start in a programme of self-improvement. Hay is an expert in the field and is blessed with a very comforting voice. Listening to this cassette does work if you are consistent about it. What is even more effective, is when you memorise some of the affirmations and repeat them to yourself, silently in your mind, throughout the day. No cutting-edge brain entrainment methods (such as metronomes) are used here, but her reassuring voice makes up for that. Give it a try!

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent resource for making your days better, February 24, 2005
This review is from: Self-Esteem Affirmations (Audio CD)
This is the first Louise Hay product I ever purchased and I am very satisfied with it. I listen to the spoken affirmations track while I work out and it really helps me love my body and want to stay healthy. I found some of the statements to be a little "sappy," but it really makes me feel good, so I keep on using it. [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful CD! Music leaves much to be desired...., October 30, 2007
I bought this recording and at first (like many reviewers have noted) I was kind of put off by the simplicity of the child-like affirmations of the first part of the recording and the music on the second part of the recording could have been SO much better and at some level, it takes away from the goodness of this recording.

I have been pleasantly surprised how much this recording has helped me through a lot of the misery, trauma, self doubt and other problems I have been facing the past two months due to a recent personal crisis. Hearing positive statements in Louise Hay's soothing, calming voice is absolutely wonderful and encourages you to be feel good about loving and caring for yourself and your body. Despite the music I often listen to this with headphones at work or I listen to it as I fall asleep. I don't know if the audible affirmations help or the the subliminal affirmations are what's helping me - either way I have experienced a better quality of life since regularly listening to this recording. The benefits are not instantaneous but they do happen - it just takes a little bit of patience!

If you're going through tough times, if you're depressed, or if you're experiencing medical issues, I highly advise you purchase this CD - It does help a great deal and is a great alternative to an anti-depressant. If you truly absorb the messages of this recording, the lessons and guidance will carry with you throughout life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Listen to this only when you are really, really low, March 31, 2004
By A Customer
When I first listened to Hay's affirmations (tape A as spoken words and tape B as subliminal with soothing music) in this recording, I said to myself 'Oh, my God... I don't want anyone to know I owe it...I am NOT THAT SAD', as I found them awfully embarassing (3 years ago). But then, recently I had experienced a really depressing phase of my life, a sort of middle-age crisis, feeling my confidence was totally destroyed. So I have played it while I was working (for only half a day for 2 days). Miraculously enough, not only didn't I find it embarasssing, but also I felt so poised and calmed that the panic crisis seems to be almost over now!! I am glad that I didn't have to rely on Valium.
Her guidance at the very beginning clearly said that the purpose is for ONE'S SUBCONSCIOUS MIND TO ABSORB THE MESSAGES which conscious mind would reject, which one should bear in mind. No wonder that such affirmations like "I am lovable because I exist" or "I am good enough just as I am" or "I love myself more and more evey day" sound too awkward to listen to when you are 'SOBER'. I doubt it's that useful if you CONSCIOUSLY try to remember the phrases as some of the reviewers suggest. However, I cannot deny this tape actually rescued me at subconscious level. Perhaps it may be the affirmations' power, or may be just the relaxing Hay's voice and the music that really helped me, who knows. I confess that I ordered the CD version last week and I am looking forward to receiving it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Every little bit helps, June 1, 2006
This review is from: Self-Esteem Affirmations (Audio CD)
I put this CD on at night before I go to bed and let it play softly as I am falling asleep. I find that over the course of a few nights, it really does create a shift in my perspective and self-acceptance.

I can't say that I understand exactly how the subliminal part of the recording works, but the music is relaxing and I find that the spoken affirmations pop into my head during the following day at just the right times.

My only suggestion is that they should re-record the introduction, which still refers to the recording as if it were a cassette tape with a side A and side B. This is only a minor detraction and does not change the effectiveness of the tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Audio book is AMAZING!, November 6, 2007
This review is from: Self-Esteem Affirmations (Audio CD)
I purchased this audio and began listening to it in my Ipod at night before going to sleep. I would let it play on repeat while I slept.
I am going to be honest and tell you at first my husband and I thought it sounded pretty childish but to my amazement, I started noticing a change in how I felt after a few weeks of listening as I slept.Her voice is very soothing and it helped me sleep but also comforted me after a hard day.
My self confidence and overall feeling of well being has improved and I do believe that it is because of this audiobook.
I don't go to sleep without it as crazy as that may sound but, in my industry (Acting) self confidence can be depleted on a daily basis with rejection etc.
I highly recommend this item!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOUISE'S AFFIRMATIONS AND CD'S REALLY WORK!, May 27, 2007
This review is from: Self-Esteem Affirmations (Audio CD)
Since 1988, I have listened to Louise Hay and bought her books. This particular CD is one of Louise Hay's best work ever! This is a short CD only about 30 minutes (great to listen to in the morning before starting the day or on a break at work). This is a very soothing CD The sound quality is excellent and the message truly inspired me to think about:

1) How to love yourself and how to accept yourself. (Part One)

2) Music with Subliminal. (Part Two) This will really work, because the subliminal messages go straight to the sub-conscious mind. Moreover, you can listen to this part of the CD and drift off to sleep at night.

This CD I will listen to often because it has caused me to realize just how important it is to love yourself and forgive yourself for past mistakes and to forgive others. It it true freedom to do thse things! I highly recommend this to anyone in need of making a positive change to your life! It really works!

5.0 out of 5 stars It Really Does Work!!!, January 27, 2008
This review is from: Self-Esteem Affirmations (Audio CD)
I was skeptical about this CD, but after reading the other reviews I decided to give it a try. I had recently read a book about self-esteem and was trying to be more aware of and correct my negative thinking.

I've been playing this CD at night in bed. I never really got very far in it before falling asleep and wasn't really sure if it was doing any good or not.

But after dealing with a difficult person in my life who is usually the type to make you feel bad about yourself, I found myself repeating the affirmations from the CD instead of the usual negative things I've repeated to myself since I was little.

I stopped dead in my tracks, thinking WOW!!! It worked!! And after dealing with that person I was so upbeat and relaxed instead of tired and worn-out.

I definitely recommend this CD.

2.0 out of 5 stars Affirmations are good; music is not :(, February 5, 2006
This review is from: Self-Esteem Affirmations (Audio CD)

The other reviewers are correct about Louise's voice and presence; she sounds great and seems like a lovely person.

There's also something funky they do with the sound to get the subliminal stuff in there that bugs me.

I really really wanted to like this, and it kills me that I don't, because there's nothing much like it out there!

Self-Esteem Affirmations
Self-Esteem Affirmations by Louise L. Hay (Audio CD - August 1, 2006)
$10.95 $9.47