5.0 out of 5 stars DIY on a sensible budget!
Am I the only one who thinks Mother Earth News has become an advertisement for expensive gadgets? I've been looking for other magazines which demonstrate ideas on a budget. This magazine fits the bill.
I was attracted to this magazine by the title and a few article topics. I haven't finished reading it yet but I love what I have read so far.
It's a simple read...
Published 11 months ago by Aunt Wrenny

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't like
Not what I thought it was going to be. The issue I read was just more about stories than information.
Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars DIY on a sensible budget!, February 11, 2014
This review is from: Self-Reliance (Kindle Edition)
It's a simple read. There are details where necessary but mostly it's an idea motivator. You start with one idea from the article and as you read you find yourself formulating plans to make this work for you.
Do-it- yourselfers will like the clear writing and inexpensive ideas. The articles are varied enough to inspire homesteads like me as well as suburban/city dwellers. It's definitely worth the price and I look forward to the next issue.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed this magazine, February 2, 2014
This review is from: Self-Reliance (Kindle Edition)
I've been a gardener for a while....but this magazine gave me simple ways to be more self sustaining. Because of this magazine, I am starting my own backyard orchard. I intend to make my own jams, jellies and preserves. I'm planting a wide variety of trees as well as grapes and other fruits. That along with my vegetable garden should keep me busy. Super neat tips and tricks for DIY folks. Next season, I want to try my hand at bees and worms. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mag, February 17, 2014
This review is from: Self-Reliance (Kindle Edition)
I have only seen one of these magazines so far but I think so well of this one that you can charge my account and just keep sending it automatically to my Kindle !! There are so many articles that are relevant to myself and then there are articles that deal with other things that my wife can use . I hope you can keep up the quality magazine in the future it is really good at this time !!

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't like, June 27, 2014
This review is from: Self-Reliance (Kindle Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars this felt like a mini edition of that magazine, November 21, 2014
This review is from: Self-Reliance (Kindle Edition)
Am a big fan of Backwoods Home magazine, and to be honest, this felt like a mini edition of that magazine. It did pick a subject and gave more coverage - several articles on each. A little more from Jackie Clay than is usual with BHM, as she is the epitome of Self-Reliance! As always, the articles were informative. While its unlikely that I'll have a goat herd, now know a lot about choosing, milking, feeding, and caring for them. and who knows what the future may bring for me, or for those I know. That's always the wonder about BHM, what ever level of this lifestyle you are looking for, they've got you covered!

4.0 out of 5 stars important, July 6, 2014
This review is from: Self-Reliance (Kindle Edition)
Everyone needs to read this magazine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful and to the point, April 30, 2014
This review is from: Self-Reliance (Kindle Edition)
Very helpful reading material. Straight forward and to the point. Hind sight into preparedness and being self sufficient in this day and age.

3.0 out of 5 stars review, March 7, 2014
Amazon Customer (Richfield, MN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Self-Reliance (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed the magazine but prefer Mother Earth News...I am not quite as self reliant as other readers and they might enjoy Self Reliance more than I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding magazine, March 5, 2014
This review is from: Self-Reliance (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoy all parts of the magazine, from recipes to opinions. Self Reliance is your go-to source for brushing up on skills to learning from the ground up from others who have taken the leap of faith.

5.0 out of 5 stars great magazine, February 28, 2014
This review is from: Self-Reliance (Kindle Edition)
I just received self-reliance on thur. the 27th,so haven't read it all. It seems like there is something in the issue for just about anyone. I am looking forward to the next issue and will continue reading the rest of this issue today. We raise meat goats, chickens and do a lot of canning. But because of this issue I will be canning meat.

Self-Reliance