5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best!
I tend to buy exercise DVDs based on totally exaggerated expectations and "blurred" reality and am quickly disappointed......until now!

Published on June 25, 2007 by E. Heintz

3.0 out of 5 stars good workout
I consider myself at an intermediate level of fitness.

Published on February 13, 2011 by Feles31

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best!, June 25, 2007
This review is from: Self - Sculpt Sexy Legs Fast (DVD)

I found this DVD accidentally and have to admit it's one of THE best cardio/leg DVDs I have ever done! I continue to feel motivated and each time I can push myself a little longer. Violet does an excellent job at stressing quality over quantity...going slower and doing the movements deliberately provides better results than quickly going through the motions just to get them over with. You also decrease the incidence of injury and strain by concentrating on each movement.

Another 'bonus' is that Violet incorporates a few minutes of stretching after strenuous reps which I find REALLY helps w/recovery. I don't feel like my muscles are going to cramp in the evening after the workout. I feel that I am not only developing stronger and toned legs and glutes, but leaner, limber muscles as well.

I have been doing Winsor pilates advanced up until now and really didn't feel challenged. I certainly do now! Now I just supplement with Winsor on days that I want to give myself a break.

I look forward to doing this DVD! It's actually fun!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good intermediate workout, December 29, 2007
This review is from: Self - Sculpt Sexy Legs Fast (DVD)
This was a good intermediate workout, my only problem with it was that it required a lot of balance, and it wasn't quite hard enough for me. I thought that 51 minutes was just about right though. I also liked that the exercises were new variations on some old ones, so it kept me interested. The video was broken into 6 sections:
Warm-up
Legs without weights
Cardio
Legs and arms with weights
Floorwork
Cool down

The only equipment needed were a mat for floorwork, and 2-3 lb. weights. I would recommend this workout to anyone who is at a beginner to intermediate level. I wouldn't recommend this video to those who have problems with balance, it might be too frustrating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent :->, May 10, 2007
Little Miss Cutey (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Self - Sculpt Sexy Legs Fast (DVD)
I really love this workout. It doesn't let up from start to end and it uses every kind of move you can think of to get great shape to your legs. There are moves lying down and standing up, with weights and without, pulsing, shorter moves; you name it - the move is here. Violet Zaki even does exercises for developing balance skills. She is a motivating instructor who has done other Self dvds. She cues well which I like because you know what to do and when to do it. She is outgoing without being overly so.

The other great thing about the dvd is the 'set'. It's outdoors (like some of their other workouts) and that is motivating in itself because it's sunny even if where you are is cold or wet. This will really challenge you and your muscles will be sore the next day or two. I believe it's worth it though because even though I've only done this three times, I feel as if I see a little more definition. It's great and I think it can deliver what the title promises.

5.0 out of 5 stars Zaki is the best!, May 20, 2007
This review is from: Self - Sculpt Sexy Legs Fast (DVD)
I just finished using this DVD for the first time and can honestly say this workout is terrific. I am very particular about which workout DVD's I use, unfortunately I have had a tendency of purchasing more than I really need, not enjoying them and then having to go through the trouble of selling them. I purchased this one simply based on the first review being positive and the fact that Violet Zaki is the instructor (her other fitness DVD's are great). I am very happy I did.

The length of the workout in total is 55 minutes, which is longer than I typically like for a DVD workout but can assure you the time is used wisely. I must warn you, though, there are a lot of reps and lunges, so if you are not a fan of either of those two things then this workout is not for you. However, the outdoor scenery is spectacular and Zaki's instruction is soothing instead of the typical "you can do it" cheesiness I find on many workouts, both of which help the time fly by. And her body is unreal! I hope that she is right in saying that I will see changes if I do this consistently for four weeks. If I can look even half as good and healthy as she does, then I am all about it!

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG!, June 8, 2007
This review is from: Self - Sculpt Sexy Legs Fast (DVD)
This is the only video that make me sweat like CRAZY! I saw results very quickly. It works your legs but also your butt and your arms. I love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Really works the legs despite regular gym goer, December 14, 2007
This review is from: Self - Sculpt Sexy Legs Fast (DVD)
I just tried this workout DVD and boy, it did make my legs put some extra effort in it. Despite the fact that I attend high intensity spinning at least 3 times a week at the gym, my legs did go a bit shaky towards the end of the reps and I did feel the muscles working hard. Some of the moves were high impact on the knees (for example, squat jumps with heel clicks which was rather quick) but you can always opt to do it in a lower intensity way ie. normal squats. It did work out a great deal of sweat and cardio-wise, it was good. Breakdown of the workout: 5 mins of warmup, 10 mins of leg toning, 20 mins of cardio, 10 mins of lightweights thrown in for shoulders and arms, 1o mins of floor and 5 mins of cooldown/stretches - some yoga poses here(with a short stretch in between of toning and cardio). Not much cueing was given but the moves were easy to catch up on. Seeing her also kept me motivated. A guy friend did comment it was pretty boring but most guys will say that. I'll stick to it for a bit now and see what effects it'll give me. I'm pretty confident results will show. Good luck to the rest of you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Violet does it again!, November 27, 2007
This review is from: Self - Sculpt Sexy Legs Fast (DVD)
Violet Zaki does it again- she's such a great instructor- one of my favorites- and this video is just as great as her others. I hope Self keeps making these videos with Violet. She has consistancy, great counting and motivation without being annoying, and creates great combinations to really work you hard. good music, lovely background and a great routine and instructor- what more could you want?

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Workout for Legs, April 26, 2009
This review is from: Self - Sculpt Sexy Legs Fast (DVD)
This is one of the easiest videos to follow. I achieve better results with this video than with any other leg specific video and I pretty much own them all. I like that she incorporates some arm exercises while working your legs but not too much so that your arms stay lean without getting large muscles. Although the video is leg specific I feel that I get a complete overall workout and this is my #1 video that I like to do. The only video I supplement this one with is a short ab specific workout. The instructor Violet Zaki has one of the easiest going personalities of any instructor but she still manages to motivate. Her presence is never irritating like a majority of the over hyper trainers on the mass videos out there. I highly recommend this video and Violet Zaki's other videos like "Self-Your Best Butt Fast".

5.0 out of 5 stars Of my 400+ workouts, this is in my personal Top Ten., February 19, 2013
This review is from: Self - Sculpt Sexy Legs Fast (DVD)
I've had this DVD for several years, and it has remained of my favorites. I feel it's something of an accomplishment for a DVD to standout against the backdrop of my modestly large collection (hovering around 400 dvds--I know there are ladies with much larger collections, but mine is certainly respectable). I LOVE this one. It's my favorite workout from the Self collection (although, I do think almost the whole collection is solid--though the dance one is completely lackluster), and it is also my favorite workout by Violet Zaki.

Well segmented, and the short weighted section is my favorite (although the unweighted strength section is a close second). The cardio section is short but tough---esp if you follow violet in all the high impact moves. She does provide a modifier. There's a small floor section at the end (it has a lot of bridge work).

Violet cues superbly, and I love the sunny outdoor set (I think the outdoor sets are one of my favorite things about this series). The moves are athletic but creative, and I love the heavy use of multilimb movements (I have a particular love for balance work).

It's fun but leaves me feeling strong. It challenges me, without destroying me. Is very suitable for those who want to bit fit but not bulky. And, yes, it is effective. As well as fun enough that sometimes I put it in to do one segment---and wind up doing them all. And yet challenging enough to sometimes reach for on an "I'm ready for bear" kind of day.

Recommend. Recommend for Intermediate level exercisers and above. Beginners will have to modify.

3.0 out of 5 stars good workout, February 13, 2011
Feles31 (Honolulu, HI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Self - Sculpt Sexy Legs Fast (DVD)
I consider myself at an intermediate level of fitness.

This was a solid workout that made me work up a sweat. At any point where I was starting to fatigue, the instructor would always switch to another move or active recovery so it did not feel as difficult as it might have. Actually, at some points I wish it had less breaks. I used 10lb weights for this since the moves were slow and not too many reps for me to be able to keep up. I have always like the instructor very much and this was no exception.

Some subjective cons: I felt the music was a bit distracting rather than adding to the workout (moves almost off beat to music?) I also did not care for the backdrop --- this may be some kind of famous or historical location but, to me, it just looked kind of messy and hot with all the tumbling stones in the back. I actually tend to find outdoor backdrops distracting (looks too sunny, hot, distracting waves, wind, or movement, etc.) and prefer indoor locations for routines. The only time I love the outdoors is for running (when your feet need no concentration and the distraction is welcome to overcome monotony.) Overall, this workout was somehow just a bit dull for me --- did not love the moves although they did result in a decent workout.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Self - Sculpt Sexy Legs Fast
Self - Sculpt Sexy Legs Fast by Violet Zaki (DVD - 2007)
$14.98 $4.03