5.0 out of 5 stars Cost effective way to extend Phantom (version 1) flight time
Published 10 months ago by T. Cole

2.0 out of 5 stars These are not made by DJI
I was under the impression that these were identical to the DJI phantom 2 blades. They are NOT. Although they get the copter in the air, the plastic material is not the same. Two of the four blades (in separate packages) came in mis-shaped (bent on one side). I thought they would go back to the original shape, but they did not.
The original blades for the DJI...
Published 11 months ago by A. Ohmstede

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars These are not made by DJI, January 27, 2014
This review is from: Self-tightening 4pcs 2 Pair Cw CCW Blades Propellers for DJI Phantom Vision 2 Quadcopter (Toy)
The original blades for the DJI phantom would bend and go back to shape. These rip/break with the slightest bend (even with prop protectors on). I would not buy these again or suggest the product to a friend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Purchase, February 10, 2014
They look the same and feel the same but performnce wise they almost destroyed my phantom. On the first flight with the new blades it was acting really slushy and then wham it just nose dived to the ground and all but one of the blades exploded. My gimbal got torn off and the wires just ripped out of the phantom. All to save $10. I was performing just fine when i had real DJI blades on it the flight before so I know it was these knock offs that caused it to slam into the ground.
Do youself a favor and just buy the real dji blades not these knock offs. Good thing i was just testing them out at low altitude in an open area and not over water or something.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Knock Offs that don't work, March 20, 2014
Don't buy them for your P2 Vision, it wont fly. Big waste of money and time. Get the original dji brand.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unbalanced blades = no good, March 30, 2014
Wow. There was a weird balance issue with these and the unit vibrated very badly right when it took off, then promptly crashed. Lame

1.0 out of 5 stars AVOID THESE KNOCKOFFS, May 6, 2014
These are the dreaded OXOXO props which, while very close to the real DJI props, are mere knockoffs which are responsible for a number of Phantom 2 crashes.

I used these briefly, noticed the change in flight characteristics from the originals, and replaced them with two sets ($30 worth) of DJI props.

I was lucky and learned that these are to be avoided before my quad suffered any damage.

Don't try to be cheap (like I did); stick with the real deal, which these are not.

It's not worth destroying or losing a $1,800 plane to save $17.

2.0 out of 5 stars This will make your Phantom v1 flying experience uncomfortable, February 27, 2014
I just put the phanton v2 9" propellers on my Phantom 1 and it flys crazy uncomfortable. I'm not sure if the props are unbalanced or the default gains need to be change but I crashed hard and lucky I only broke 1 prop. And I just bought these Phantom v2 props. I think I'm going to stick with the standard phantom v1 props its not worth the extra 2 minutes of flight time.

1.0 out of 5 stars This will cost you $1000, March 20, 2014
These props are made of a flimsy rip off plastic as soon as I got off the ground my dji sent itself into a frenzy and I lost control the threads of all the props stripped out and they were frees pining on the motors do not buy these props

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY - YOU WILL LOSE YOUR DRONE!!, April 28, 2014
E. vonBartheld "evonbart" (Myrtle Beach, SC United States) - See all my reviews
You are placing your $1000+ aerial vehicle - hundreds of feet in the air and trusting it to non OEM propeller blades? Stupidly, I did.

FYI, I recently lost a Phantom 2 with a brand new gopro over an area where it is unrecoverable, so I will never REALLY know why it went down, however just yesterday - using one of the same Hong Kong Fooey blades, I flew for a half hour and I just landed. The instant the Phantom touched the ground - the blade FLEW OFF THE MOTOR AND LANDED 30 FEET AWAY. My friend and I both watched it in amazement. This was a perfect landing by the way before some of you decide it was something I did. They are supposed to be reversed threaded against the rotation of the motor and therefore self tightening. In no way should a propeller leave a motor while its spinning. I did not see any issues with threads, but at this point it is irrelevant. A blade flew off and thank goodness it was not mid flight, but it surely could have been.

I am now destroying the rest of the blades I bought from this company. They look identical and I do not want to mistake these for the true DJI blades. It's not worth risking your Phantom falling out of the sky - causing damage to it or someone's property - even worse injuring someone.

You have been warned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cost effective way to extend Phantom (version 1) flight time, January 31, 2014
Many of the multi rotor forums include discussions about using the Phantom 2 blades with a first-generation Phantom and I had to try it out. The blades are wider and longer, and more flexible than the factory-provided blades that come with the Phantom from DJI. However, they clearly made a significant (15-20%) improvement in flight times. My Phantom with anti-vibration camera mount and a GoPro went from about 9 minutes of flight time to about 12 minutes of flight time just by changing the propellers.

Note that these are the self-tightening models with integrate prop nuts that will work with A Phantom 1.2 or 1.1.1 model. If you have the first version of the Phantom where each prop shaft is threaded the same way these will not work for you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money....not worth it in the long run!!!, September 5, 2014
Very Poor product DO NOT BUY. The Threads on these are horrible they went on a little stiff but one would not remove for anything. Tried assisting with pliers holding the motor stationary and guess what the motor thread snapped off in the prop so now I get the luxury of installing a new motor thanks to this horrible product. Props only had about 10 minutes of use and are vey flimsy. Amazon should sell a better product since they are offering these in their "prime" service. I would think they would want to ensure the products they represent in the "premier" service are top notch. This one is not buyer beware!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›