Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

• Self
  • Customer Reviews

on April 23, 2014
This is the first magazine I subscribed to through my Kindle and I'm really enjoying the convenience. There have been a few times that I had a problem loading a page, but not often at all. If the price is right, I will definitely subscribe to another magazine this way.

As for Self as a magazine, I've always enjoyed their articles. I find, at 40, some of the fashion trends they show are getting a little "young" for me. That's pretty much the same with all women's magazines though.
on February 4, 2014
I have always loved the magazine, but love it more on my Kindle Fire. While the kids are watching their favorite show, over and over, I can still sit with them and enjoy reading without all the paper flipping around. The design was interactive allowing me to take surveys and seamlessly page through the magazine without issues. I lovedit and will continue to select future magazine subscriptions for my Kindle Fire. Thank you for making something that works for me, giving me some of my time back.

Michelle (Mom of 2 - ages 7 and 4)
on January 29, 2014
I purchased the, what I thought was the Kindle edition for $3 for 6 issues and Amazon sent me an email saying that I would not be refunded due to the edition being free with subscription and my subscription was no longer active. I am completely confused and upset because I have no idea what happened, no answers and no magazines. I guess I will just stick to subscribing through the magazine publishers themselves and plain ole paper delivered to my mailbox!
on February 21, 2014
I finally decided to give the tablet option a try after I found myself 5 months behind in reading my magazine subscription. I was all too excited to see that previous months could be downloaded in addition to the current month. You can go back and read the last 11 issues if you missed them. Awesome.
on March 10, 2014
i love self and love it more cause I can read it on my kindle and do not have to pay extra.
on February 4, 2014
I used to really enjoy Self, but it does seem to have moved to a younger age demographic. Perhaps, I have moved into an older generation? The articles on Xanax for example is not something that appeals to me. I'll stick with Health, Women's Health, Women's Running, and Runner's World.
on February 6, 2014
I tried out Self and Shape at the same time. Wanted to compare the two for content to see if I might sign up for a subscription. Self had many more articles and recipes. Felt like I was getting something for my money. I cancelled Shape magazine.
on December 28, 2013
I really enjoy reading SELF and I enjoy it even more on the new and improved Kindle app. With the previous app I would have to login more times than I would like to. The strange part was that it would take me 2 tries just to login. This new SELF Kindle app does not have that problem. Now SELF magazine has its own area in your Newstand. I think that's pretty cool and much easier to use. My print was verified automatically and I didn't have any issues. I was able to access the magazine right away. Though I noticed that I can't download the previous issue. Not a big deal but sometimes if I want to read or see a workout that was in the previous issue then I want to be able to that even after I have recycled the printed magazine.

CORRECTION: There is a way to view the previous issues. Click on Cloud. DOH!
on February 3, 2014
With little time to be up to date in topics such as fashion, fitness, home, relationships, this magazine is the all inclusive simple way to keep in "shape".
on May 24, 2014
I have never enjoyed a magazine so much as I do the interactive! I hate that they make me write more about it