Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: How to Sell Clothing, Shoes, and Accessories on eBay (How to Sell Clothing, Shoes, & Accessories on Ebay)
All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors

on June 20, 2006
In "How to Sell Clothing, Shoes, and Accessories on eBay," author Charlene Davis provides all the basic information needed to start a new business in online sales of clothing/shoes/accessories, eBay's second-largest category.

Some of the material in this book can be helpful for anyone anywhere starting any kind of business, but most is geared exclusively to online sellers of these items. Davis suggests where to find clothing bargains, how to photograph them for online sales, how to market them online, how to safely wrap and ship products, and how to provide great customer service.

Her advice ranges from the general (don't plan on making money from shipping costs) to the specific (buy a life-size Barbie styling head to displaying accessories such as hair products and sunglasses).

"How to Sell Clothing, Shoes, and Accessories on eBay" includes a resource guide, glossary, and index. At 189 pages in an easy-to-read style, this pocket guide will help you get started, get organized and get excited about a new career (or just supplemental income) selling fashion products online.

Leslie Halpern, author of Reel Romance: The Lovers' Guide to the 100 Best Date Movies and Dreams on Film: The Cinematic Struggle Between Art and Science.
on June 8, 2007
I am a "small-time" seller on ebay and I was looking to "up my game" with this book. For me, it was a complete waste of money.

The information in this book can be gleaned from just using ebay a few times. If you have never bought anything on ebay and can't navigate the ebay website or learn things there for yourself, this is the book for you. (However, if you know nothing about ebay, websites, help files or computers, maybe an ebay business selling clothing, shoes and accessories isn't a business you should be thinking about starting? Since there are a lot of people already way ahead of you?)

If it was called "Ebay for Dummies" or "An Absolute Beginners Guide To Ebay", then I think it would be more accurately sold and marketed, and an excellent guide.

90% of the information in the book pertains to ebay selling basics and only 10% is specific information that would help you sell clothing, shoes and accessories, if you had never done so before.

Example: you are told that,to start your ebay business, you will need a computer and a modem (and describes what a modem is), etc.

I think a lot of people would like to sell on ebay and don't know anything about it. They are more comfortable with a book format than a website for learning. This is a wonderful book for them. However, the book description should be more accurate for those of us who shop for books online and can't page through the book.
on July 1, 2006
I had previously read Davis' book, Make Big Profits on eBay (co-written with Jacquelyn Lynn), and immensely enjoyed it while learning how to improve my eBay business. So when the new pocket guides came out, I grabbed them in great anticipation. This is the first book I have read in the series and I was not disappointed. I have learned where and how to find quality clothing and accessories (both new and used) in places that I never considered before. Plus I have learned different ways to take pictures to show my items off to their best advantage - a must for any eBay seller. I also like the interesting sellers that are introduced to readers because they are every day people like you and me who have managed to make a success of their eBay business in a short amount of time. After reading this book, I feel confident that I can succeed in the clothing, shoes and accessories category.
on June 29, 2006
Having read a number of general "must-have" eBay books, I was delighted that Charlene Davis and Entrepreneur zeroed in on clothing, shoes and accessories. Right down my runway!

I was looking forward to an insider's take on topics like taking pictures (especially shoes, jewelry, ties, etc.), overall best-sellers, sourcing and more--in-depth info about selling *clothing,* which the cover copy says is "eBay's second-largest category." But the book doesn't quite deliver on addressing and answering the "host of issues" that "this unique category poses."

The first 2/3 of the book does cover many key points about selling clothes, etc., and is indeed more specific than the usual how-to. Davis writes in an engaging, credible, me-to-you way that makes for an easy, informative read. And her sidebars, tips and pointers are great.

I'd have liked hearing from more sellers, though, especially some "everyday" people rather than all large-volume sellers. (PS: One parenthetical Seller ID per name is enough, but apparently not for Entrepreneur. Annoying.)

Then the last 1/3 shifts from clothing to generic how-to-eBay. Too many pages are spent on basic basics: payments, packing/shipping, accounting, hiring (!) and similar all-purpose eBay and general business mechanics. Doesn't belong here. (And much of it doesn't sound quite like Davis anymore. Entrepreneur boilerplate?) It's not what readers will want from this book; to me, it was a disappointing use of space.

As a guide to selling *clothes,* the book doesn't go deep enough . . . and as a basic how-to, it doesn't say enough--and didn't need say to anything. Dummies, eBay Bible, Davis's Make Big Profits (with Jacquelyn Lynn) and others do that better.

Still, this is a good starter at a great price. For useful sell-clothing-on-eBay info in Davis's clear, charming style, buy this book.

~Linda Saracino, Editorial Services
on May 25, 2007
This is really a great little book. Most of the info is actually common sense, but it's all together in one book. It makes for an excellent reference as you get to know how things work on eBay. It may say it applies to Clothing, Shoes and Accessories, but the how-to-do-it applies equally well to almost any item you want to sell.

I know my sales on eBay have gone from zero (yes that's right) to probably around 80% of items I list now. Way cool!

I would strongly recommend this book to beginners, who shouldsit down with a highlighter pen, and read through it. For the professional seller - also a good read, as there will be things you have forgotten....
on December 9, 2012
Silly me, I assumed that with a title as specific as Clothing, Shoes and Accessories I'd be able to use this book to target specific niches. Yes, there are some brands mentioned, and the reader is advised to "find a specialty that is unique and different, preferably something with a brand-name." Now there's some advice I can use when I start chasing down "thrift shops, garage sales, flea markets and estate sales."

At six years old, this book feels like a dated primer for beginners. Yes, there are some decent tips in here, but if you want to sell clothing on ebay but don't know what to sell, you'll probably feel like I do when you finish the book, still wondering.
on July 3, 2008
I read this fairly quickly, and found that I already knew most of it. There were some good tips though. I had previously sold on ebay a few years ago, and had hoped that this would give me more actual examples of resources and ideas, but, not so much. However, if you are just getting into ebay selling, this is a good overview.
on November 24, 2009
If you have decided to join the world of eBay sellers then this book belongs in your reference library! Very easy to read and understand, covers all the basics and gives you a lot of background information that the Pro's use. It is a constant reference for me, keep it beside your computer! Seller ships fast and the book was in excellant condition...thank you!
on March 9, 2015
You can find this information online. What a waste.
on July 3, 2006
This was the first "How-to-sell-on-eBay" book that I have read and it was a great start. Davis writes in a clear and concise style how to do everything, from start to finish. She de-mystifies the online selling process, and spreads useful tips and hints throughout the book.