- Paperback: 182 pages
- Publisher: Outskirts Press; 2nd edition (March 4, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1432701967
- ISBN-13: 978-1432701963
- Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 0.4 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (246 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #523,716 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Sell Your Book on Amazon: The Book Marketing COACH Reveals Top-Secret "How-to" Tips Guaranteed to Increase Sales for Print-on-Demand and Self-Publishing Writers 2nd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
When you publish with Outskirts Press...
* you keep 100% of your rights
* you keep 100% of your royalties
* you keep 100% of the control
To watch a video, receive a free ebook, and learn the Top 7 Self-Publishing "Must Haves" visit http://outskirtspress.com/selfpublishing.html
Top Customer Reviews
1. Don't write a 5 -star review of your own book. This is unethical and a violation of Amazon's guidelines. Customer reviews should be written by customers, not the authors who wrote the book. These reviews will be overlooked by potential buyers, who will not find the review helpful and ignore it.
2. Don't ask anybody for 5-star reviews. In his book, he tells the reader to give his book a 5-star review if they liked it. When I give a copy of my book to a reviewer, I don't say anything that may suggest I want a glowing review. Besides, 5-star reviews are usually generated by hype. Most browsers usually don't read the 5-star reviews or the 1-star reviews. The 2, 3, & 4-star reviews are usually read more.
3. Don't end every review with the title of your book. This could be seen as blatant self-promotion. Others may see is as a way of stealing sales. This is also a violation of Amazon's guidelines. It's also problematic because you may write more books. If you have 50 reviews that mention your older book, you would have to revise all fifty of them and mention your new one. There's an easier way to do this. Use your Amazon Signature. It can be changed at any time, and you can say something like "John Doe, `Author of Whatever Book." If you write a second book, you can change it to "Author of Whatever Book #2." Believe me, revising all of your reviews is very frustrating.
4. There is no "magical" way to remove a 1-star review.Read more ›
Much of what the author talks about in this book is what I have been doing to build my presence on the Amazon site since January, 2006. I have been writing book reviews, creating Listmania lists, and Amazon Guides. I have also studied the profile page options and experimented with how my profile page will be viewed by the masses.
Based on the Profile Pages of many authors I have examined over the past year and a half, I think there is a definite need for the instant book. Very few, and I mean VERY few, authors are taking advantage of the things explained in this book. I highly recommend that authors who are not taking advantage of Amazon's offerings get a copy.
I was a little disappointed after reading this book when I turned to the author's Profile Page at Amazon. He did not seem to be practicing what he preaches. He only has 19 book reviews, 10 Listmania lists, and zero Amazon Guides. And the Listmania lists were not packed to the brim with books. As a result, the author lost some credibility in my eyes. But then again, I am an educated consumer when it comes to the content included in this book.
I prefer to name the biographical section on a Profile Page as "In my own words." And I disagree with the author that this section should be written so all of its content will be neatly included on the Profile Page.Read more ›
Brent Sampson's book, Sell Your Book on Amazon, blows away the mystery of Amazon. He teaches how you can increase your sales by using some of Amazon's great tools, like listmania, plogs, and tags. I am planning on integrating his principles into my book sales plan. Who knows, I might even self publish the rest of my books.
Great job, Brent, you have cleared up many Amazon mysteries for me.
-Craig Nybo, co-author of [ ... ]
Brent offers a simplified explanation of how to utilize the very dynamic web resource that Amazon has become. Brent takes us step by step through the marketing options available to authors/publishers on Amazon and ranks them according to their importance. And then explains how to get the most out of them.
The point for an author is sell books, and Brent takes you by the hand and leads you through the process, in a way that makes it easy. I thought I "knew" Amazon really well, but I have learned a lot since reading this book
If you have a book or books to sell, I'd highly recommend reading this book.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book was last updated in 2010, so is outdated, but it still contains useful information, especially Chapters Two (Author Central and Amazon Profiles) and Three (The Book... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Margaret Duarte
I purchased this book several years ago when I published my memoir, Twenty-Eight Snow Angels, and have used it ever since. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Diane Dettmann
"Sell Your Book on Amazon" was very helpful to Chelsea and me in selling the book "Our Child's Roots, a fill-inn genealogy ,101 pages book,. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Lois Reimers
This book is a must read for anyone who is selling a book on Amazon. As an author, when I first started trying to navigate the Amazon maze of Profile Pages, Author Pages, and... Read morePublished 8 months ago by Nancy Huff
Very direct and insightful. Worth the money if you are an author selling your book, or marketing a product.Published 10 months ago by Woody Barlow
I've written a few books and have had them available both POD and via publisher. Oh how I wish i had read this book before attempting to market mine. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Tony Foglio
I'm extremely dissatisfied with this book. Most of the important bells and whistles Sampson discusses are no longer available on Amazon. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Luanne Castle