"I just completed a $17.3-million private equity deal for my company, LittleMissMatched. From my experience working with a leading private equity firm on all aspects of the transaction, I can now confidently say that Sell Your Business for the Max!
captures each and every step of the process. This book is an incredible tool for any entrepreneur or owner looking to exit a business." — Jonah Staw, CEO, LittleMissMatched
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
There’s a world of difference between wanting to sell your business and being able to sell your business.
Drawing lessons from his involvement in more than a hundred acquisitions, bestselling business writer Steve Kaplan outlines a ten-step plan to selling your business for the max. Using powerful real-life examples and a complementary suite of worksheets, he shows how to:
- Establish the true worth of a business by using several simple valuation models.
- Prepare and position your business for sale, from tying up loose ends to creating the right marketing materials.
- Identify prospective buyers and even spark a bidding war.
- Negotiate effectively.
- Prepare for the diligence process—and know how to navigate this tricky period to command the highest price.
- Guard against last-minute bombshells.
Selling a business requires a very different skill set—and mind-set—from running a business. But once you’re ready to begin, Steve Kaplan will point the way clearly to profit, success, and freedom.