Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

96%
Format: Hardcover|Change

on October 30, 2007
WARNING: This is a biased review. I adore the work of Kevin Hogan and Dave Lakhani and I buy everything they publish. I've been reading Dr. Hogan since the early 1990's and he's one of the few Ph.D.'s that knows how to get things done, be persuasive and teach me what he's doing. And Lakhani... Dave Lakhani is my favorite speaker to see live. This is the second time they have partnered-up and I'm writing more notes in the margin than is probably healthy. I can't get enough of Lakhani & Hogan's writing! If you are a student of persuasion and seek to turn your ideas into sales, of course you're already sold.

However... ==> Gary May, Mollie Marti, Eliot Hoppe and Larry Adams are all new to me. These are rising stars.

Larry Adams' advice on self-differentiation and branding is worth the price of the book.

Eliot Hoppe discusses being a sales manager and while this isn't my gig I was keenly aware of the important role of motivation and inspiration and the subtle use of persuasion he discusses.

Dr. Mollie Marti, well... you schooled me. Yes, I don't have a sales sytem detailed nearly as well as I should. Thank you!

Gary May, dude... you are a ball of energy to buy back sales like you describe. Okay, I feel wussy for not even knowing half of the ways you discuss making, closing and keeping a sale.

Great read! Thank you.
on October 29, 2007
Kevin Hogan, PhD, has done it again. Hogan has created an AMAZING new FRESH book on Sales, gathering creative GENIUS sales minds from across 4 continents into 1 new sales book. Think about it. 91% of the sales books you rehash outdated techniques which your prospects are defended against, right?

I actually have met, trained with, and been taught by the 4 of male contributors to this book and I have been delightedly anticipating the release of their collaborative effort so I could learn EVEN MORE from them. Thank-you for sharing generously from your treasure trove of professional sales experience to teach the rest of us who want to become GREAT sales people!

They do so with wit and whimsy and down-in-the-trenches-with-you sales expertise. I have to say, as an Inside Sales Rep selling into a territory I don't live near, a number of the Sales classics books on networking, which I love, are a tad irrelevant to my job right now. Not that case with SELLING: Powerful New Strategies! Eliot Hoppe's section on Asking Great Questions was highly pertinent for me both in my job and for simply being relatively new in sales.

A big thank-you to Kevin Hogan for bringing these talented individuals together in 1 volume from which I can and am already learning and applying ideas, examples, and principles from this book. Please DON'T tell my competition about Larry Adams' Extreme Sales Event idea. It's too brilliant. All of Gary May's ideas - Buying Back the Sale. DON'T tell anyone else about this book. Dave Lakhani, well, it's already too late. He's famous. Surely millions of others have heard of him and read his superb book on Persuasion and creating a mass image. But, please, shhhhh, please don't tell my competition about this book! Just tell your boss, your team, your COO and CEO, and be sure you have stock options before you do so, dramatically increasing revenue stemming from implementing ideas garnered from this book!
on October 31, 2007
Kevin Hogan has brought experts together to provide powerful selling strategies from different points of view. Anyone reading this book with learning in mind can take away powerful new ideas and strategies. What one does with this richness of strategies is what makes the difference between the learner and the doer.

Gary May, one of the authors, is a powerful example of someone who learned new strategies, immediately used them, and refined them from his personal success and experience. He now successfully trains others. You will benefit from his expertise!

Read this book and pick at least one powerful strategy - and do it until a new habit is formed. You'll be happy you did.
on October 30, 2007
Several years ago, I went BACK into sales and realized I did not have the skills to compete in todays marketplace. Searching for a way to update my skills, I happily stumbled across K. Hogan and his cutting edge work. This new book once again breaks new ground with EXACTLY what the title says....POWERFUL NEW STRATEGIES FOR SALES SUCCESS....as in everything that he sells, this book over -delivers!!!!!Each contributer is worth the price of the book and it is a powerful tool in a sales persons arsenal...would be a PERFECT gift for any sales person you want to reward or motivate!!Excellent material for new or experienced sales folks as it is easy to apply but chockfull of powerful new concepts!
on October 29, 2007
I smiled to myself as I read the customer responses in each example in this book, knowing that I would have responded exactly the same way. What makes these authors the absolute masters in the field of selling and persuasion is their unmatched ability to seemingly foretell the future by knowing exactly how a customer will respond and therefore setting up the situation so the response is favorable to them. The simple, easy-to-use techniques described in this book are truly "the tricks of the trade." This book is typical of anything with Kevin Hogan's name on it - jam packed with new cutting edge strategies and simply fascinating to read. Dave Lakhani's words of wisdom are invaluable as usual. Gary May is nothing less than brilliant. And, Mollie Marti, Eliot Hoppe, and Larry Adams are equally as superb. If you are in sales, this book is an absolute must-have.
on October 31, 2007
I was fortunate to read an advance copy of "Selling: Powerful New Strategies for Sales Success" and it has made a profound impact in my life. Being familiar with Dr. Mollie Marti's success as a psychologist and life coach specializing in human performance, I was excited to hear that she was bringing her scientific expertise and real world wisdom to a larger audience. As expected, Dr. Marti delivers principles and tools that carry all the power and substance of scientific research. As a bonus, she writes with a clarity, candor and comfortable ease that make it easy to imagine that this is a conversation you'd have with a trusted friend or mentor. A highly qualified friend or mentor.

In "Selling," Dr. Marti has teamed with a group of five selling experts to present strategies and routines for sales professionals interested in taking their sales performance to new heights. The sales techniques undoubtedly will help sales professionals get better results.

Although I am not a salesperson per se (after reading the book my idea of who is in sales has definitely broadened), I still found myself taking notes throughout the entire book on concepts and strategies with applications that will help me as a self employed mediator and writer. The information provided goes well beyond "Sales 101" and there is a wealth of material for anyone who is perennially in pursuit of living life to the fullest and achieving their full potential.

Everyone will find their favorite and most relevant sections and for me they were Dr. Marti's chapters under "Part II: The Inner Game." The material on establishing a value based direction and adopting a prospective, process oriented approach truly resonated with me. Dr. Marti not only inspires you to envision leading a more purposeful and fulfilling life, but she actually gives you the tools you need to create lasting changes.

The material in this book on strategies, routines, and daily actions has made a direct and substantial impact on my performance. As a competitive triathlete, the applications to sport were immediately apparent. I have begun implementing many of them in my regular training routine and my performance has improved. More surprising to me has been the relevance of these tools and strategies to my practice of creative writing. The changes this book has helped me make in my writing routine are already resulting in the kind of productivity every writer hopes for, and, as for writer's block? It hasn't been an issue.

Congratulations to Mollie Marti and her colleagues on putting together this excellent sales resource. And congrats to any reader smart enough to buy it and not limit this powerful advice to sales applications but to let it work for you in all areas of your life!

Leah Badertscher, J.D.
on November 3, 2007
I was extremely fortunate to get my hands on a preview copy of this book...and I am planning to buy several for my colleagues and friends! The styles and presentations of all the authors makes it an enjoyable read. The quality and quantity of the information makes it a book I will read and reread and keep on my shelf for reference!
As a self-employed mediator, these sales ideas will help my business partner and I move our mediation business from 'good' to 'excellent'!
It is not exaggerating to say this book has been transformative. It has completely re-energized my daily life and business. I wake up earlier, am focused, and able to accomplish more goals -- all within days of reading and internalizing the messages within the book. 'Life changing' is the best term for me to describe the impact of this book. EVERYONE (unless they live alone in a cave) will benefit from reading and embracing the sales/life messages in this book. My sincere thank you to all the authors for sharing their cummulative wisdom. Special kudos to Mollie Marti - my favorite author - and someone who I've had the opportunity to see speak and teach. She's incredible - and able to tranfer her spoken words easily into the written form. Great info!
Barb Smed, Mediator
Resolution Resources
Iowa
on November 5, 2007
This is not just another semi-motivating sales book. This is an awesome work book. I've come away with all kinds of new idea's and 'inspirations' after this read. (Thank you Larry Adams!) The book that keeps on giving. I particularly loved the chapter on strengths and weaknesses, which I believe was also by Adams, and focusing and building on your strenths. Very thought provoking. The whole book is one that is a keeper for any one in sales and or business management of any kind. This will definitely be part of my exclusive library for many future rereads. I highly recommend this book, without any reservation.
on November 8, 2007
I consider myself an intermediate student of selling and I found this book incredibly insightful.

There were several things that made it a standout book for me.

1. The multi-disciplinary approach. The book is written by people who are actually working in the field as heads of companies, as academics, as salespeople and as sales managers. The topics they cover showcase a powerful variety of necessary skills from people actually currently applying them. This isn't theory, it is how to get the deal done!

2. I love the multi-cultural approach. The authors are from The United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. You see a commonality and some new ways of thinking about sales and interacting with different buying personalities. The approaches are as different as they are similar.

3. The book focuses on actual how to steps, not fluff, hype and theory. You can pick any chapter in the book and learn an instantly implementable skill.

I'm torn, but I think this book just knocked Gitomer out of the top spot in my best sales book category.

I give the book my highest recommendation, it really is a powerful read.
on November 10, 2007
What a great book this is to read! This is definitely one of those books you need to read more that once and take in-depth notes. Had this book been around years ago I might have taken a different career path or been more successful at what I do each and everyday. The chapters are written by different experts and each brings new wealth of information from everyday life experiences. If you are serious about increasing your sales, growing your business or improving your networking skills, you need to purchase this book. This book will be one of those "wow" experiences you have in life. Don't pass the opportunity to learn from these experts the material that will transform your into a new superstar in whatever field you choose.