Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

80%
20%
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$11.99

on July 10, 2012
I am only 50 pages into the book. It is a story about how today's music happened. I am fascinated by stories of forces of commerce, and early personalities, shaping the world. I do not always like what happens, but it is always a great story. The book is very well written so far, pages just go by, and early 20th century dances in front of my eyes. But I can't tell you much yet, I am only 50 pages into it.

What I can tell you is that I regret buying the Kindle edition. It has no illustrations, there are many, and I want to see them. Musicians, records, old NYC, are cool to look at, and I can't see them. I'd have gladly spend $8 more for it. And donated the book to my local library when done. Or not, if I really, really liked it.
on March 30, 2010
David Suisman has written a thoroughly researched and much needed history of the growth of the American commercial music industry. Insightful and well written this book deserves a much wider audience than music industry professionals.

I highly recommend Selling Sounds. Gave my copy to my wife and she read it over the weekend and has already ordered a second copy as a gift for one of her managers.
on March 6, 2016
What you need to know about origin and evolution of pop music and the commercial music industry in general. A fantastic book.
on August 30, 2013
this is very good , and I would recomend it to anyone who is interested in American Music and any kind of music
on November 8, 2014
Assigned for class I am taking. Very thorough but way too wordy. His writing style is very flowery. Lots of hundred dollar words. It would be half its sixe if he removed the obscure adjectives.