4.0 out of 5 stars Not at all bad if you get it at a steep discount
Published on January 5, 2010 by moose_of_many_waters

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke After 2 months of use
After two months of normal use, they right ear stopped working completely. The problem seemed to come from where the cord meets the bud. Pretty disappointed. I've bought earbuds for half as much that lasted a year+.
Published on October 4, 2011 by Robert Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars Not at all bad if you get it at a steep discount, January 5, 2010
moose_of_many_waters (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Sennheiser CX 250 Contoured Grip Earbuds with Vol Control and Carrying Case (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
These things were being heavily discounted when I bought them. Unlike many Sennheisers, there are not too many (that I know of) fakes of this particular model running around. I needed a back up pair of in-the-ear phones for working out (I tend to forget my fancy pair, which are in my commuter bag). These are not high-end ear phones by a long shot, but they are a lot better than most "consumer" head phones and way, way better than you get with your iPod. They isolate sound well and fit well, allowing for lengthy play. The bass tends to be rather dull and they are also a little tinny on the high end, but in the vocal range they are very nice. The case is a good bonus feature as is the volume control. All in all this is a well designed in-the-ear phone, perfect for casual listening.

4.0 out of 5 stars New in-ear headphones from Sennheiser, December 7, 2009
Overall great value, worth [...] bucks.
Somebody said they are better than Sennheiser's older product CX300. And btw, now fake CX300s are everywhere, so it is better to get a pair of new CX250.

Pros:
1)They block out all noise
2)Light weight
3)Rubber-covered tangle-free cord
4)Inline volume control
5)Strong bass(I think)
6)Good quality just like other Sennheiser products.

Cons:
1)Dull in sound
2)Noise from cord contacts with clothing

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke After 2 months of use, October 4, 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a let down, June 7, 2010
I must say that I'm completely underwhelmed by these earbuds. I read soooo many glowing reviews of them on J&R's site and an "audiophile" review that sung their praises as well. All I can say is that they are just so so.

I should qualify what I'm coming from. After having issues a year ago with my old earbuds flopping out all over the place when working out, I bought a pair of on-the-ear Sennheiser PX100's. I thought they looked dorky...kind of like the old el-cheapo's that came with el-cheapo walkmans. But HOLY COW do those PX100's sound AMAZING. So that's what I've been using for about a year. They work great and even though they are foldable/collapsable (and have been folded up probably a hundred times), they are in great shape.

I just got the bug to try earbuds again. Well, when I got them and popped them in (and yes, I was very careful to make sure that I have a good, snug fit with near-total isolation), the sound was just blah. Not bassy, not tinny, but just sort of flat-ish. I tried to close my eyes and visualize any sort of soundstage and could perceive nearly none. Bass was particularly weak.

Then I popped the PX100's back on and it was like a symphony swirling around my head.

I'll give you one guess which one's I'm using for my workouts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good earbud set, July 17, 2010
Very good earbuds. Got them through amazon for much cheaper (~20?) than they are now listed, not sure if they are worth it anymore. Sound quality is good, they fit my ears well. Have inline volume control - it's a little useless, and if you turn it all the way up it introduces a bit of fuzz, so I always keep it on low and just use my computer/mp3 player to adjust the volume.

I've been through a bunch of ipod earbuds, cheapo earbuds, and I finally wanted to get a set that wouldn't eventually die. I've had these for a few months and they are still 100%. One thing to note is that moving the cord is very noticeable while listening, but you expect this with a full in-ear modules, and I don't notice it anymore.

I rarely use the carrying case, but it's a very nice amenity, feels quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Liked my son's so much I bought them for myself..., September 23, 2014
Arya926 (PORT HURON, MI, US) - See all my reviews
I don't know much about ear buds but my son purchased these and, when they came, he had me try them on. I was listening to his music on them and I didn't realize that someone was talking to me (in the same room). I heard nothing! The music wasn't even that loud. Like I stated before...I don't know much about ear buds but I have had several pairs of them and I have always been able to hear people talking to me. These are amazing at blocking out other sounds! I immediately purchased a pair for myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sounds good, way better than expectation at this price, May 28, 2010
These earphones gave wonderful sound if fitted properly. I'd say it even gave out better sound than the more popular predecessor, CX300. The bass was not very boomy like CX300 but cleaner and nicely tight. Mids and highs are decent and clean.

Compare side by side, these earbuds sounds better than many other sub $100 earphones, including Bose® In-Ear Headphones.

Easily fit with 3 size of plugs. Buy these and you will not be disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good enough, June 17, 2014
the isolate the noise from the outside, but the sound is not as good as I expected. Sennheiser has better choices for the same price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great., June 6, 2014
For the price, you can't beat these earbuds. I have very small ear canals, and the smallest rubber tips fit perfectly. Great quality. The only problem is a little bit of sound-bleed from rubbing the cable on clothes or in the wind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, May 9, 2014
Donald B. Brown (Rochester, NY, US) - See all my reviews
Great sound for the money. The volume control comes in handy. Why they eliminated it from newer models baffles me.