4.0 out of 5 stars Great for working out - Great sound Great product
I bought these recently for my workouts and I just cant say enough great things about them. I workout for about 2hrs 30 minutes per day doing both weights and cardio

Over the last 12 months I have used a pair of Sony sport headphones, sansai earbuds, JVC ear wrap style, Shure's (most expensive pair I have ever bought)and these are the best

Sound is...
Published on January 5, 2011 by johnnymacUofMN

2.0 out of 5 stars Painful to wear, painful to listen to
Published on August 7, 2010 by The Chippie

2.0 out of 5 stars Painful to wear, painful to listen to, August 7, 2010
This review is from: Sennheiser OMX 680 In-Ear Sports Earclip Headphone with Volume Control and Adjustable Earclips (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
I bought these Headphones for running and had very high expectations. When I first got them out of the box I was impressed with what I saw, however this didn't last long. When i first wore them I found they just would't stay on, once I bent the ear hooks to suit my ears they did manage to stay there but didn't take long to work their way out again whilst on the run. This does prove to take a bit of mastering to get right but is achievable in the end. When worn on my longer runs I found my ears to be quite sore and painful when taking the headphones off. The sound quality is OK, it's crisp and very clear but there is no bass whatsoever and quite painful to listen to at the top end. Ears ringing is never a good sign. Yes they are water and sweat resistant but once they do get wet this effects the sound quality quite dramatically and takes about two days to get back to normal again. Bit of a bummer if you run every day. I wouldn't recommend these headphones for comfort and sound quality reasons however the volume control proved to be very handy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for working out - Great sound Great product, January 5, 2011

Sound is grt, comfort is grt, volume control is grt, max volume is awesome

Signed a guy with not big ears

2.0 out of 5 stars Sennheiser and sports don't mix, September 8, 2010
KJ McStiffler (Perth, WA, Australia) - See all my reviews
I bought these headphones, actually giving Sennheiser a 'second chance'. I have always used Sennheiser for Studio Headphones, In-ear-monitors and street phones, but after purchasing the behind-the-neck PMX80 that were terribly uncomfortable, I was never to go back again... until

I then saw that there was an Adidas range, and I thought if Adidas put their name on it then it must at least be comfortable, the sound quality just goes without saying with choosing Sennheiser. The OMX680 looked much more appealing than the previously failed behind the neck version. How wrong I was, I have wasted over AU$200 on sports headphones that this company is constantly marketing as "comfortable" "great fit" and "stays in"

The ear hooks are bendable and are meant to be a 'one size fits all' kind of deal, but when you bend it to fit your ear they spring straight back again causing the bloody things to fall out of your ear!! And this is just standing still, I couldn't even imagine trying to run with them!! While your pushing, prodding and bending your way to find a comfortable fit, your ears are getting damaged and the only relief is to take them off.

As for the sound quality, I believe it is quite good if you hold/push them into your ear, great bass response etc. But otherwise you just get a bit of low quality top end because they aren't in your ear properly.

I do not recommend these to anybody unless you have abnormally large ears, you may be in with a bit of luck but for the others, keep on your search, I know I am

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Last Long, April 21, 2011
I wanted to like these headphones, I really did. But about the only thing going for them was the clarity of the sound, which is not really what I'm looking for in running headphones. Running may be the one time when I prefer to have more bass and volume than clarity. These were definitely lacking both. The fit was ok, but not awesome. Just like any headphone, they required occasional adjustment throughout my run. The headphones come with yellow rubber or black foam sleeves that are supposed to adjust the earpiece to fit your ear. They never stayed on properly and were constantly falling off in my car, gym bag, etc. There is nothing like digging around in your gym back for 10 minutes to find a tiny yellow earpiece cover before your workout.

After about six months the left side headphone quit working. Sennheiser wants $34.99 to fix them, so they are essentially useless headphones now. I would not recommend these headphones. These are a rather dissappointing offering from two companies I admire and use many of their other products.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worse than a $10 pair of headphones, November 13, 2012
I run 90 miles a month in summer heat. Waterproof sounds pretty good, but it's not true. These started shorting out after 1 month. And the volume control on the wire bounces, requiring you to clip the headphones to your clothes when running. Bought a $10 pair from a big box store that have already lasted longer than the sennhsisers did.

1.0 out of 5 stars They broke after 3 months, September 19, 2012
So Here I am on Amazon looking for new earbuds for working out. One thing I will say, if the reviews give an item less than three stars. Don't purchase them.

I always like to wait until something happens to the product before posting. It doesn't make sense to review a product when first purchased.

Pros:
-Decent sound quality

Cons:
-Broke within 3 mths (mind you, my head phones were neatly wrapped and secured in my gym bag after every workout and were not taken out other than hitting the gym... so NO reason should they have stopped working that quickly!
-They didn't stay in my ears and I would say I have medium sized ears. I ended up having to get a sweatband and slightly tucking the band over my ears so the earbuds would stay.
-The rubber ear attachments fell off quite easily
-For the price, it wasn't worth it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a good workout headphone!, July 13, 2012
I bought these headphones yesterday (12 July 12) and put them through their paces on a moderate pace 5 mile run, then an ab and pullup workout. Bottomline: I spent more time trying to figure out a comfortable way to wear these headphones than I did focusing on my workout.

I have used tons of different earphones over the years. The OMX-680 by Sennheiser may be the worst engineered and overpriced headphones I've ever used. For context, I workout 5 times a week with a mix of distance running, crossfit, and weightraining. I require a headphone to do two things:

1.) Stay in my ears while working out (1/5 stars)

* The clips do not mold and stay in position in a way that securely fixes them to my ears. I tried using all variations of the air clips and foam pads to get a fit that sould help this issue. I molded and remolded them several times, but any time I sped up my pace significantly, the jolting pulled them right off my ears.

* The cable is one of the worst engineered disasters I've ever seen. It comes in two parts. One piece has the ear phones and the cable which reaches down to the top of my stomach that can be connected to a music device. This piece connects to volume control clip and a second wire that connects to your ipod or other mp3 player. The first piece is too short by itself to use for working out, unless your ipod is on your arm. When connected, the two wires create a clumsy fitting device headset that is hard to comfortably put anywhere. For instance, the clip on the back of the volume control is set in a position that makes it difficult to find a place on a workout shirt or shorts to attach it. When allowed to hang loose, the weight of the volume control clip bouncing up and down repeatedly caused my already loosely secured headphones to fall off.

2.) Sound relatively decent across a range of music (i like a mix of rock, hip/hop, and techno for workouts) (3/5 stars)

* The sound quality isn't terrible on this device. Bass is a little weak, but it is definitely not 10 dollar JVC ear bud bad. However, this is a $43 dollar device and the sound was not nearly as good as the free ear buds I get with my ipod. In fact, when I finished my run, I went straight back to my car to take off these headphones and put on the extra ipod headphones I had been using.

At the end of the day, you can buy a $20 dollar set of headphones from walmart that perform significantly better than the OMX-680 by Sennheiser.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very fine pair of in-ear headphones, September 27, 2011
When it comes to headphones you have two choices in sound quality: The very expensive "audiophile" style from major speaker manufactures, and everyone else. The sound quality of this product is spectacular for the price. I cant speak to the fit for everyone as I have very plain and easy-going ears that accommodate almost anything. I love the volume control and about the only thing more I can ask for is maybe a slightly more ergonomic carrying case. It takes a little time and some manipulation to get the fit right around the back of the ear but once you monkey around a bit it should be no problem. I read a few of the negative reviews and felt the need to put up a 5-star review to help anyone who may be having second thoughts something to consider. I have listened to a wide variety of phones in my lifetime and unless youre in the market for the aforementioned "audiophile" type headphone, this pair is very much worth the $40 or less you can pick them up for.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, August 17, 2011
Same experience as one of the other reviewers, only earlier. After 3 runs, the left earphone quit.
Sennheiser online help of little use. What use is a guarantee if you have to drive at least 500 km to have it honored? I'll save the time and gas and look for a better alternative.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shorted out after 30 days, May 28, 2011
MileHighCritic (Highlands Ranch, CO United States) - See all my reviews
These headphones are marketed for sport use. I purchased a pair for running. The headphones shorted out from perspiration. Sennheiser are now useless and I have gone back to my 10 year old Sony Sport Walkman headphones. Save your money and choose another brand.