Sennheiser Adidas PMX 680i Sports Headset (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Smart remote with mic: enhanced usability for the latest models of iPod, iPhone and iPad.
- Sweat and water resistant.
- Ergonomic neckband: secure and comfort fit during workout
- High output drivers: energizing sound.
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
A few people complain that the mic doesn't work with their Blackberry, Macbook, Droid, or non-iOS device. The product description clearly states that the mic is designed mainly for iPhones, recent models of iPod touch, and iPads, but will also work with 2009 and later Macbooks/Macbook Pros. If you are buying this for the mic to use with your non-iOS device, check Sennheiser's website to see whether it'll work with your device.
Sennheiser's 680 line includes several different models that have the same sound quality and speaker components, but different ways of making them sit on your ears. This model, the PMX, is one piece that wraps around the back of the head. Other models in this line are called CX, OMX, and MX. They attach to your ears with clips or "ear fins", depending on the model. Also, some models have noise isolation (for when you don't want to hear the annoying music playing over the gym's loudspeakers) while other models in this series are more open (so you can hear honking cars while you're jogging on the side of the street). The PMX is one of the more open ones, but when I'm using them at the gym, the outside noise doesn't bleed in too much.
Also, note that some models have the number "680i" while others are just "680". The difference is whether it has a microphone. "680" (with no "i") means no mic, but there is an in-line volume control. "680i" has the in-line volume control and the built-in mic.Read more ›
1. This is obvious, but I have to express my appreciation for the mic and play controls. When you have podcasts of varying volume levels, easy access to volume buttons is so convenient.
2. Straight cord -- the previous model was designed with a coil in the cord. Terrible design decision! I was constantly untangling the cord.
3. Straight connector -- the old one was L-shaped and covered by a rubbery sleeve that was starting to slide up. This one is hard plastic and seems sturdier.
4. Lighter than older model.
5. Same good sound.
1. My biggest complaint is with the redesign of the plastic that goes over and behind your ears. It used to be solid and thinner. Now it's two pieces -- a hard plastic top "rail" and a softer plastic along the bottom. I can understand why they did this -- the flexible part rests on your ear and should make it more comfortable. However, I didn't find the older model uncomfortable, and the new design is much thicker. Before it was never a problem to wear my headphones and sunglasses under my helmet. The stems of the sunglasses would fit against my head and above the headphones.Read more ›
For this last pair, the button that temporarily stops the music never worked from day one. I didn't really ever have a need for it and it was not a feature i really cared about which is why I never returned them. But I should have realized the problems with the overall product quality from sSennhaiser at that point, returned them and moved to a different manufacturer
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This thing has broken soon because of the sweat I think and it 's supose to be used during exercises.Published 4 months ago by Bruna Antunes de Aguiar Ximenes Pereira
Great product! very happy i got my hands on this discontinued model.
The only issue I have with it is the curves on top of the ear have a sort of a grainy and sand... Read more
I'm not a crazy runner... 1000 miles in over two years with these headphones. They still work fine. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Erik Korte
They were loud but only in one ear. One ear worked. Lasted 2 months but one ear only worked.Published 7 months ago by andrea sherman
I got this for my wife and she looked at it and said that it would not fit in her ears. She was having a problem with other earphones and so tried it. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Don
Only problem is that I can't lie down wearing them. The back pushes against the pillow and the buds come out of my ears. Otherwise, I love them.Published 8 months ago by Fibro Woman