5,813 Reviews
 (2,999)
 (1,388)

2,707 of 2,753 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent set of wireless headphones
After researching Sony, RCA, and Sennheiser wireless headphones I settled on the Sennheiser RS-120's and I have no regrets. These are excellent headphones. I ended up buying them at GoogGuys. When I asked the associate if I could try them he connected them to a DVD player and they came to life. I walked all the way accross the store filled with electronics and heard no...
Published on November 13, 2004 by Hi Ho

2,645 of 2,759 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great
This is the first product review I've written on Amazon, but I really felt the need, because I felt somewhat deceived by the huge amount of 5 star reviews for these headphones.

Don't get me wrong, these are decent headphones. I am satisfied with them and I will not be returning them. But there are significant problems, the biggest of which is the ubiquitous...
Published on August 2, 2005 by Mariah Sweet

‹ Previous | 120 21 22582 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy setup - great sound, January 28, 2007
Matt Luzadder (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sennheiser RS120 On-Ear 926MHz Wireless RF Headphones with Charging Cradle (Electronics)
This was easy to install and delivers great sound quality. It has little static and lets me listen to the TV after hours without disturbing anyone. The foam earpieces are more comfortable than the "leather" ones supplied by the competitors. Sennheiser is a name to be associated with top-tier sound quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sound quality good, not superb. Does the job for TV listening., October 22, 2008
Amazon Customer "Tony" (Saratoga, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Setup tip: turn up the TV volume to about 70%, then adjust headset volume to suit. If you keep the TV volume down, then crank up the headset volume, you're gonna get alot of noise.

I am using the RS120 with a cheap color TV and DirecTV standard def box. The base station plugs into a headphone port on the TV. See comment above on setting the volume levels, before you conclude that the headphones are noisy.

I did have to charge overnight before the headphones were usable out of the box. Once charged, I used them very successfully for the first time last nite. The sound quality is good, with a very light hiss of background noise. The background noise is not annoying and is way down in level, but is good since it tells you that you the headphones are on and it's the TV program that might be silent for the moment

The comfort is nice, but if you're sitting in bed with your head against a pillow, then you may find that the pillow sort of pushes the headphone cups away from your ears. So it takes a bit of pillow punching to get everything squared away, but this unit perfectly accomplished my mission, which is: to watch TV at night without waking the spouse up.

Charging seems pretty automatic - just place the headset on the chargers hanging rack, and the red light indicates charging is going on. You don't have to be accurate about positioning.

Highly recommended. I did not give the full 5 stars just because at times I felt I heard some distortion in actors voices now and then... like a sample error of some sort... it was minor but noticeable. Not sure it wasn't the satellite downlink, but I never heard this through the TV speakers. I would recommend this unit to anybody, you will definitely be happy... I am nitpicking on holding back that 5th star.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for Office and Home, December 6, 2007
EDIT: 2012: This become unusable at work when I got stuck in a 4-up cube. Just too much interference.

I brought this home and gave it to my son - who insists on having his study desk next to the home theater. I can't blame him per-se - but he's been on the edge of eviction to his own room due to two-way noise conflicts.

He hooked these up put them on and wouldn't let me touch them. He gets good noise isolation (almost too much - doesn't hear the intercom) and it's got the quietness and good range as advertised.

So I recommend these - just with the caveat that they may not work well in a work cube type environment.

Original follows:
This is for RS120 and RS130 - and I eventually bought the RS130.

I work for a computer company and bought this for my cube. A key characteristic is lots of RF noise - nearly every adjacent cube has a laptop and a deskside (or two if doubled up).

Essentially all reviews were for home use. I was fortunate to borrow an RS-120 and an RS-130 at work - same floor even) I used the RS-120 for half hour and the RS-130 all day.

From overall performance, I found RS-120 and RS-130 comparable as far as susceptibility to interference. I preferred the around the ear of the RS-130 over the RS-120 and my colleage with the RS-120 indicated his ears need a break from the RS-120 after several hours.

The surround sound and auto tuning of the RS-130 were plusses but I bought the RS-130 mostly for the around the ear comfort and fit.

Overall I really like these - but I do have some comments - and those tie back to other comments - "the hiss in the background".

Some posters commented on "the hiss in the background". My RS-130s (and the one I borrowed) had this - but as Bruce Campbell said "it's a trick - get an axe".

OK, they're not tricking you - but there is a workaround.

The hiss seems to come from their on-headphone amplifier. You can make that go away by

1) setting the on-headphone volume very low. Essentially dial it down until the hiss just goes away. Or a little more if you want to adjust volume more from headphone than computer.

2) Crank up the drive to the base unit. I've got my computer Wave and Volume controls set very much higher than I used with my corded headphones. And now I get great volume out of the headphones. And I get it without any perceptible clipping or degradation.

The bottom line - the base unit likes and is fine with driving it relatively hard - and by doing that not using much of the headset amp you sill not have a hiss problem.

My last point is interference. In this very noise (ambient RF) environment at work I occasionally have a "pfft" as I turn my head or move about. Occasionally. Even with base 3 feet away. But so far, I've found no headset better and these are otherwise really sweet. [I otherwise can't say how these do with 900mhz phones]

Overall - 4 stars and in particular prime for office use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wireless headphones, April 10, 2007
I have had several pairs of headphones and the Sennheiser RS-120 are by far the best. The sound is impressive and the range is all you will need and more. The headphones are comfortable to wear and very easy to set up. And the price is a good one. I would recommend these headphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Headset, February 20, 2007
Carl Mincemoyer (San Antonio, Texas) - See all my reviews
I have battled unwanted hissing and noise from my old headset for over 6 years, and it was a real pleasure to put on the Sennheiser RS-120 wireless headphones. My wife has hearing problems, and she was really amazed at the clarity and the comfort.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones, September 12, 2006
S. Baldwin (Flushing, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I think they're great. Way better than my last set from Sony. I don't know why people are complaining about a "low hiss" these are wireless headphones, there is going to be interference no matter what. Plug in a wired set and the hiss will go away.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mostly Good, February 11, 2010
I've only been using this gadget for a little more than a week. Overall I'd rather have it than not. Here are my comments.

Pros:
o Wireless
o Easily recharged (I would have regretted getting one where I had to remove the batteries to recharge -- a pain)
o When tuned to frequency (see cons below), the sound quality is good enough for me but I'm not fussy.
o My purpose was to watch TV late at night without disturbing my wife -- it works for that.

Cons:
o When I walk around with it on I get pops, snaps & static. (When lying still this rarely happens.)
o It doesn't lock on the frequency of the sending unit. You have to manually tune it to the frequency, and the tuning is sensitive/fussy. Once tuned to frequency it stays on frequency until the tuning wheel is moved. But, the tuning wheel is easily moved. When I lay the headset on the bed the tuning wheel often gets bumped/moved requiring it be readjusted. The tuning wheel is near the volume wheel. When intending to adjust volume you may mess up the tuning instead.
o The ear pads are continuous cloth (no open area over the ear canal), so the pads can become a little warm.

Followup: I have now used it almost nightly for over two years and I am glad I bought it. Everything I said in my review above is accurate, but if the review sounds negative that would be a wrong impression as I am happy with the unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent wireless headphones at a very reasonable price, January 11, 2007
I purchased these wireless headphones for my spouse to replace an aging Sony wireless unit. The RS-120 meets and exceeds all her expectations. Sound is clear and has a nice balance of amplification in all the decibel ranges. The base charger is a strong feature as well. The headphones slip onto the base with virtually no effort. Also, the usage time alloted for a full charge is amazing. She can literally listen to her evening TV programs for several days without recharging. Controls are well placed and easy to navigate. These headphones are comfortable, according to her. They are a bit loose, but she prefers it that way, as the light fit avoids creating headaches. I found no noticable sound distortation when the headphones are in operation within about 50 feet of the TV, even when having to penetrate room walls. No background hiss is evident. I have purchased two additional headsets since the original order...one for our beach home for permanent installtion and use and another to have available when traveling. That should speak with authortity as to my complete satisfaction with the RS-120. One cannot beat the value at $75 per unit, free of taxes and free shipping included. This is an excellent product for those who do not require the advanced features of other more expensive Sennheiser wireless headphones. Hope this review helps when making your purchasing decision.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sound:good, Construction:mediocre, April 23, 2007
Like most buyers, I was most concerned about the sound of these, since I'm using them at work where the building is blanketed with wireless signals of all frequencies. I'm happy to report that these are the best sounding earphones I've ever bought.

But the first thing I noticed when I took these out of the box was the construction isn't what I'd expect from top of the line earphones. It's nice that they are light, but the telescoping size adjuster thingies on the sides are not completely tight so they can jiggle. They also just look cheep and plastic-y. The base station could could be a couple ounces heavier too.

Also, when there's no signal from the computer and the headphones are still on my head I get terrible noises like aliens trying to communicate with me. It doesn't happen right away so it's as if the base station is doing the right thing and outputting silence for a little while, then falling asleep to save power. Either way, it's a bad experience for people like me who listen to an album or a TV show and then let it go to silence for a while.

I'm happy with my purchase because the sound is good, but I shouldn't have to think about the differences between wireless and wired except for fewer spilled drinks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for night movies while the family is sleeping...., August 22, 2012
Well, first I'd like to say I waited over a year of using these headphones to finally write this review. I work overnight 12 hour shifts, so I have many nights off at home where I stay awake while the rest of my family (wife, very young daughter) are sleeping. I also really love watching movies.

When I came across these headphones I really wanted a wireless headphone that wasn't super expensive. I used to use an extension cable hooked into my headphone jack, stringing wires all over my living room and causing me to have to remove the headphones any time I got up (bathroom break, grabbing snacks). I'd like to say the wireless range on these are pretty good and very convenient. I've even taken out the trash while wearing these headphones, hearing perfectly the whole time.

As far as sound quality goes, I hear absolutely no difference as wearing regular headphones. If for some reason these ever fail, I WILL try out the next class up, but these are good enough I see no reason to upgrade. The battery life is also really good. I don't remember one time where the battery has died while using them (with the originally rechargeable batteries they came with!).

In fact the only downfall I can think of is laying down with the headphones on is not very comfortable. But isn't that what is expected with over the ear headphones.

Overall I say this is a great buy. When I purchased these I could not find any store that had them as cheap as Amazon did. As I said before, I WILL buy these again (if I ever need to of course).

‹ Previous | 120 21 22582 | Next ›