Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fire Sense Stainless Steel Pyramid Flame Heater
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Color: Silver|Change

on December 23, 2010
Received the Firesense pyramid patio heater in good condition as it was well packaged and UPS took reasonable care in handling the goods. Instructions were severely lacking in clarity and the pictures were small with poor detail. All the necessary hardware (screws-77 in all) were not in a bag but had been screwed into their appropriate holes only to be removed prior to assembly. Key pieces were not marked as to front or back ot their relationship to other parts. Some parts were pre-assembled only to be taken apart prior to the assembly of other parts. The parts alligned well so that the screws were able to be inserted with minimal effort, however the threaded holes were poorly done and some were stripped prior to my assembly. The water bottle at the bottom of the unit that functioned to give the heater ballance and additional weight was poorly engineered. There was an ill fitting plug at the top that caused the water to leak out when the heater was tilted and moved using its attached wheels. This plug was in addition to a screw type drain/filler hole. The top plug was not accessable without removing 4 bolts and the propane tank retaining ring. The diffuser lid (top) was very "flimsey" and not much thicker than heavy duty aluminum and as a result the lid warped considerably during the heating process.
Had I not been somewhat negligent in my research I would have purchased a unit from another manufacturer that used more refined engeneering principals and a heaver gage material. To me this is a very basic heater with a very limited life-span. You would be well advised to look elsewhere.
33 comments|34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 24, 2011
Assembly: Ok so check it out. Everyone is complaining about assembly. Let me relieve your concerns. I put this heater together in about 30 minutes. There are allot of screws however the good news is they are all the same size. The directions are not the best but again it is so basic that they must have assumed anyone could put it together. Just a couple of notes to those of you that are not mechanically inclined. 1. Do not use a power tool to assemble this product. 2. Make sure you understand that the back of the unit is where the wheels go and the controls for lighting the unit go to the front.

Performance: This thing works great. It does not put out tons of heat but enough to take the chill off. I have not used it on a very windy day yet but I usually don't sit outside if it is windy. I figure if it blows out in the wind then no heater is going to keep you warm at that point. Go inside:)

Quality: I think it is decent. The stainless door on the front is a little thin and flimsy but hey what do you expect for the price. They could have welded a little 1/4x1/4 peace of tubing on the inside of the front door and it would have made it a little more rigid or even put a v bend in the door so it would not flex but all and all it is still pretty good.

Conclusion: I love it and do not regret buying it. Better yet my wife loves it so I am in good standings for a day or two:)
on April 28, 2016
Purchased this for enclosed patio / lanai in Florida. These patio heaters are very popular in Florida because there is a large part of the year when the evenings are just a bit too cold to sit outside. I did not want to spend $1200 on a real commercial model as it would only be used once a week at most. There is a unit on Amazon that goes for $179 and has decent reviews however some reported that it starts to rust rather quickly. I chose this higher priced model because it is made from the higher quality "304" stainless steel and should hold up better to the frequent rain and humidity in Florida. It took me 45min to assemble and was pretty straight forward, although the instructions are light on the details. The amount of hardware was much less than I expected and everything seemed to line up nicely. The heater fired right up and you CAN feel the heat 9ft away as advertised. I really like the pilotless lighting system. Time will tell how this hold up but I am expecting a few years of trouble free usage. I like that the company is here in Florida and specializes in patio accessories. Parts should be easy to come by as they make a lot of patio heaters (manufactured in China, serviced and distributed in Amelia Island, FL).
For $300, this heater meets my expectations.
on January 10, 2011
Got this item for my husband. We do love the look and atmosphere of the heater, however assemlby was difficult as the side poles did not fit well, also the manual lacked clear instructions. When looking at the burner, you can tell that the pilot is cheap and will not last that long. Big issue is that the wind blows the flame out. It appears the venting by a big hole in the side panel is not a smart design!!
It's an ok value, but if you look for a lasting more quality item, look further.
on January 15, 2013
I am a mechanical engineer. It took two hours one day and one hour the next day to get this together including time to adjust and reengineer parts, rebuild legs that were not indicated correctly in instructions, and find more screws.

Some of the finest junk China has to export to countries they don't like.

Ended up buying a second one just so I could guarantee I had enough non defective parts to build a single unit. The instructions don't properly display screw holes and screw numbers. There is no indication for the orientation of the propane door so you have to guess or be lucky. Finished with a nice tight unit after all the straightening and using about 20% more screws, borrowed from the second "donor" unit. One leg was missing the conduit skeg altogether so construction on night one came to a dead stop at hour one.

Now on to the good news...The unit is easily lit and controlled. It is mesmerizing. It is cool looking.

Now the bad news - IT IS NOT A HEATER (unless you can sit atop its 7 foot tall stack). I agree with a previous poster who said the designer did not understand basic heat transfer laws. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO HEATING REAL OR IMAGINED - JUST A MILD LIGHT. For use as a conversation aid - Great! By your hot tub for mood lighting - OK. As any manner of heater in less than 68 degree weather - Forget it!!! This is fire shooting up in a tube - that is it. When the heat gets to the top it just convects away at the 7 foot level. If you have used a traditional patio heater, you know it can become uncomfortably hot (on your face for example) just standing nearby for more than 10 min. This unit does not emit enough heat to even uniformly warm the protective grills - THEY STILL FEEL COLD TO THE TOUCH AFTER THREE HOURS!!! STUPID TO CALL IT A HEATER!!! ( and I live in South East Texas - where we get one month of winter and some years it doesn't even reach freezing all winter.) Blow your money if you want but do it cause you have plenty and you need some sexy light on your porch, not to warm your cockles!

Five stars as a patio conversation piece or expensive party light. Zero stars as a patio heater. A DEFINITE DO NOT BUY if you want heat.

Packaging was above average. Also available at Sam's Club.
on November 3, 2014
The coolest heater on the market! I use it all the time and everyone is astonished by the flame. One word of advice would be to read all the instructions before you begin putting it together. I spent over 4 hours putting it together! The instructions tell you to install one thing and then later on you have to install something else which requires you take apart what you just assembled.
on March 30, 2013
What a peice of junk. 1)Had a few bad threads that i had to chase with a tap, 2)It had a bad weld on one of the whells and it folded under when weight (without the propane bottel in it) was put on it. I TIG welded it back together. 3)the water box has a screw on cap for filling it with water but the hole between the screw on cap and the bow had not been drilled out. Can't fill it with water. 4)The glass is scratched my guess it will break at some point. 5)you need to be 3' or closer to feel any heat off of it.
The up side is that it looks good when is burning.
Not sure how to return this item but I will try.
on March 25, 2013
After spending several hours assembling the Flame "Heater" (I am reasonably handy) and turning it on, I was disappointed to find out that it does not radiate very much heat. The word "heater," in my humble opinion, should not be part of the description. When I called the company to find out if there was a way to tweak the "heater" to throw off more heat, I was told by the technician, that these "heaters" are for looks, but do not throw off much heat. He said that if I wanted heat, then I needed to get a "mushroom" heater. Unfortunately, I learned all of this after the 30 day return period so I am stuck. Hopefully, this review will keep someone else from getting similarly stuck.
on January 8, 2011
The flame is delightful and creates a nice atmosphere but don't buy if you really need to keep your patio warm. Does not put out the heat of less expensive more traditional type heaters.
on November 28, 2014
Everyone who says the directions are terrible are correct. We put this together and took it apart several times trying to get it right. You cannot tell one piece from another and top from bottom. Tons of trial and error to get it to a testing point. I hooked two different new tanks to it and it will not light. I called customer service and spoke with a young lady from the other side if the world who spent a long time getting my information and the details of my problem and then told me I would receive an email from tech support in a day or so. I'm very disappointed. I read the reviews and saw the problems mentioned but didn't listen. If you can find one made by someone else, get it.