5.0 out of 5 stars BETTER than the Magic Bullet

1.0 out of 5 stars ONLY LASTED 3 MONTHS
Published on April 17, 2008 by Ed

5.0 out of 5 stars BETTER than the Magic Bullet, January 14, 2007
This review is from: Sensio 10029 Bella Cucina Rocket Blender (Kitchen)
I got this item for Christmas this year, and at first I was disappointed, because I had really wanted a Magic Bullet. Now, I realize I was wrong. I love the rocket blender. I use it at least once a day, sometimes more, for smoothies and blended drinks. I am unable to comment on how it does on regular foods because I haven't tried to make anything else, but just as a single-serve easy-clean smoothie maker it's already worth the money. I have heard of people complaining in reviews about the magic bullet not being able to crush ice, but I use whole ice cubes in every drink and my rocket blender crushes every piece and blends it well. I also think it's better for the design factor, it is much better looking than a magic bullet to leave out on my counter, of course it's a little bigger than a coffee cup, but no one should believe everything they hear in infomercials anyway. Even the plastic drink cups look nicer than those "party mugs" they show on the magic bullet commercial. The best reason I would choose this over a magic bullet? It's half the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars ONLY LASTED 3 MONTHS, April 17, 2008
Ed (Houston Texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sensio 10029 Bella Cucina Rocket Blender (Kitchen)
This blender is NOT made of quality parts and a gear in the motor unit striped out only after 3 months of use. Up until then it was great and we used it a lot making breakfast shakes. The hardest material we ever put in it was bananas. I contacted Sensio only to be told that they were out of the parts and to call back in 6 weeks. I guess that this is a reoccurring problem with this blender.
I love that Amazon has this review section so that we can inform each other of low quality products or of a product that we liked.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dead at 2 months, February 26, 2008
This review is from: Sensio 10029 Bella Cucina Rocket Blender (Kitchen)
I actually liked this blender it was exactly what I needed and worked well. unfortunately, after 2 months of normal use blending my protein shakes it plastic rotary blade located in the base stopped working and even melted, making the product useless. Next time, I will make sure the quality of the product is much better so this does not happen again.

1.0 out of 5 stars 3 weeks later..., February 2, 2009
This review is from: Sensio 10029 Bella Cucina Rocket Blender (Kitchen)
So my wife and i got this blender for xmas. Didnt use it until about 3 weeks ago. It was working great for a time. We blended with plenty of liquid then one day...it got loud and smelled of melted plastic.

Reading the warrenty info i found that if i dont have the receipt (and i dont) i cant get it repaired or replaced...great.

so i open it up...low and behold the mount screws (4 itty screws that hold the motor still inside the casing) are loose. 2/4 screws werent attached any more, 1 was loose and there was really only 1 holding it on...so it wobbled. when it wobbled (while it was running) the fan on bottom scraped the plastic on bottom and the plastic spinner thing on top ate up the plastic below it...

So, 3 weeks of use (about...15 uses) and its toast.

Guess i should shell a little more money for something of quality, i mean...its held still by 4 - 1/2 centimeter screws (no nuts to hold em on...just screwed into a mounting plate). if the blender so much as shakes a little on the inside these screws will loosen...definately not something that should have been left in design phase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, May 4, 2010
This review is from: Sensio 10029 Bella Cucina Rocket Blender (Kitchen)
First of all, I chose this blender because another reviewer mentioned that the insides of the cups are smooth - not true. I kept it anyway, and after less than 10 gentle uses, the cup got stuck in the base while it was blending. I called Sensio Customer Service and was told that sometimes when you're blending ice, a vacuum is created. (Isn't ice blending one of it's major uses?) They suggested I heat it up with a hairdryer to break the vacuum. No luck. Then they suggested I break the cup (no suggestions on how) to break the seal. I drilled a hole in it and still no luck. Then they suggested I return it to Amazon (though I was past the typical return window). Amazon was more than kind in accepting it. Bottom line is this - the blender is nothing special when it works, it breaks easily, and Sensio Customer Service is a joke.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Recommended, November 3, 2009
This review is from: Sensio 10029 Bella Cucina Rocket Blender (Kitchen)
This little unit was GREAT for the first two months we owned it, making smoothies and margaritas in a jif. But today, just two months after purchase, the top apparently melted onto the base while making a banana smoothie. It's now toast and I'm now very disappointed. No breakfast AND no blender. Disaposable kitchen applicances just aren't my thing...

2.0 out of 5 stars great for liquids disintigrated on solid food, January 18, 2010
This review is from: Sensio 10029 Bella Cucina Rocket Blender (Kitchen)
I have used this for over 6 months, closer to a year and it was pretty good for mixing eggs, grinding coffee and making small milk shakes. The only problem was that the washer that kept liquids from seeping out, came out of the blade attachment and it was impossible to get it to stay back in. (This eventually happened on both blades.) But if I tightened the blade onto the canister well enough, it usually didnt leak.

But then I tried to make some chicken salad. Didn't work well at all and the gear-like piece in the base that interlocks with the blade in the canister basically disintegrated. Its made of a hard plastic, but apparently not hard enough. The tips of the four points that contact and turn the blade in the canister were ground off. So if you keep it to liquids and coffee beans, this can be a very useful device. I miss it for those. But anything that wont "flow" easily and resists the blade may ruin it.

If they would make the blade moving mechanism out of metal and improve the washer this would be a much better product. As it is, it is for light-weight use only.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have had a great experience with this blender!!, August 29, 2009
This review is from: Sensio 10029 Bella Cucina Rocket Blender (Kitchen)
I have owned one of these for going on two years now. It has been used at least daily and sometimes up to three or four times per day. Most of the drinks I make involve ice cubes and I am just now after 22 months of heavy use having to replace it because the rubber(I guess it's rubber) gear in the motor unit has worn down to the point it no longer works. For the price and convenience this unit can't be beat. I also have a large two piece blender I use for large quantities but it rarely gets turned on as the rocket is so handy.

1.0 out of 5 stars CHEAP PLASTIC, May 20, 2011
This review is from: Sensio 10029 Bella Cucina Rocket Blender (Kitchen)
Heard great things about this blender and so I purchased it. LITERALLY BROKE THE VERY FIRST TIME I USED IT! Put my breakfast drink mix into the cup, screwed on the blender lid, set the cup into the slot, pushed down and locked in... it jerked a couple times and stopped working. Motor was still running but blender parts weren't moving. I took the cup off and noticed that the entire gear that spins the blades (made of cheap plastic) was stripped down and no longer hit the bottom of the blender attachment.

1.0 out of 5 stars HUGE waste of money, November 17, 2010
This review is from: Sensio 10029 Bella Cucina Rocket Blender (Kitchen)
Don't buy this!! I bought two of them. They can't crush ice at all. Even crushed ice can't be crushed in smoothies. Motors burned up within weeks. I swear I didn't put an ice cube in. No power at all. Spend a few more dollars and buy the bullet. I wasted money on two of these and could have had a bullet.

Sensio 10029 Bella Cucina Rocket Blender